Anyone Else Get High Eating Fresh Oysters?

Jack Earth

This is not the first time I felt this but today was happy hour at a high end seafood restaurant and I ate 15 fresh oysters. Feel like I'm in drugs for the past hour. Pretty cool!

Arnold Grape

Yes: it is like a switch in your head, the body being repleted. For me it is preceded by a near dizzy feeling, which then segues into a very “on” type of thing, which I believe you are describing. That’s why it’s hard to trust canned oysters, which don’t quite have the same effects.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Yes: it is like a switch in your head, the body being repleted. For me it is preceded by a near dizzy feeling, which then segues into a very “on” type of thing, which I believe you are describing. That’s why it’s hard to trust canned oysters, which don’t quite have the same effects.

Yea I've even had fried oysters not the same effect. This was from a very large amount of very fresh raw oysters. You know it has to be good for you if your body reacts like that

Beastmode

My already strong libido goes through the roof after eating them. My wife feels "high" almost every time after eating them.

I have a family member who's vision would instantly improve after eating white shrimp. Never asked her about oysters.

Liver and Oysters are the 2 big "dogs" for me noticing a difference in how I feel afterward.

Cameron

This is not the first time I felt this but today was happy hour at a high end seafood restaurant and I ate 15 fresh oysters. Feel like I'm in drugs for the past hour. Pretty cool!
I eat oysters almost every other day never get high off them lol

Ficini

I ate fresh oysters for the first time this year, and I had the same feeling you describe. I didn't have more than 6 in one sitting though.

Lilac

When I go to Florida on vacation, I eat cooked fresh oysters as often as possible. I usually feel an uptick in my metabolism within hours of being in Florida. Sun + oysters + fresh orange juice + relaxation for the win!

boris

Ever since I read this post I cook them o_O:

[On raw oysters]:
Please, please do not eat them raw. This is extremely important for you Xisca. Raw seafood contains tyrosinases, these will destroys thiamine. Thiamine is water soluble so is easily lost every day. Mushrooms also contain tyrosinases and must be cooked to destroy these enzymes. Don't feed raw fish to your cat as you will give your pet a thiamine deficiency too.

Thank you Charlie :)

Yes clams along with other bivalve molluscs are exceptionally nutrient dense. Clams have high B12 levels and are high in chromium, selenium, zinc, copper; and good sources of B-vitamins, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. Oysters though are higher in zinc, however the levels in clams are pretty darn good.

You need to be mindful that they are also rich in iron. Males and post menopausal women should drink some coffee, tea or milk to prevent the absorption of iron.

Escargots (not bivalves) also similar in nutrition are divine but really high in iron.

If you decide to go gluten-free, then there should be no problems with deficiencies if you include a tiny amount of bivalve molluscs into your daily meals.

Tarmander

At one point this restaurant did these oysters for a buck each, and they had the best tasting brine I have ever had. Like drinking salted glacier water. I ordered and ate almost 30 of them the first time and felt amazing. I started going pretty regularly and after the first couple times, stopped feeling anything from eating them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals