Anyone Else Feel BETTER After Regular Cardio?

SOMO

I agree that excessive lipolysis is toxic, but the healthiest I felt in my life was when I was biking 10 miles minimum daily.

olive

It’s only a small subset of people on this forum that believe cardio is harmful. Exercise is undoubtedly beneficial, one must simply avoid going to failure which is easy enough. A simple rule of thumb is if you can no longer breathe through your nose comfortably you should probably stop.

matisvijs

Well, if it's exhaustive/overly long, it's probably harmful and you won't feel as good long-term. Light to moderate cardio like taking a walk or riding a treadmill or a bike at a comfortable pace probably doesn't induce a high level of lipolysis - in fact it might increase nerve growth factors in the brain.

Runenight201

I enjoy sprinting. I always feel much better afterwards. Running for long distance at a low intensity steady state just fatigues me and doesn’t make me feel so satisfied and high like sprinting does. I feel so primal, capable, and confident after sprinting.

I like to fast walk to warm up, then I proceed into a light jog, then I jog, then I run, then I run quickly, and end at a full on sprint. Rest and repeat until I feel satisfied. Load up on fruit, sugar, and milk, and continue on with my day :)

tara

I usually feel better for some regular physical exertion when I'm well enough and can make it happen, especially if:
I'm feeling well enough to begin with
it's in daylight, preferably outside (more likely to be stressful after dark)
it's get a suitable amount - not to little, not too much. These days, if I'm well, 30-60 mins is often good, with some of that being more strenuous within nasal-breathing limits, and some more gentle movement. Occasional longer.

Goobz

Of course you feel better after regular exercise. Long duration, lower intensity exercise is a constant among the worlds most long lived populations. The old people there often walk for miles or up steep hills every day. None of them seem to go to the gym.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Probably is nice dopamine rush from getting out in nice scenery and exploring a little, maybe? Also a release in beta-endorphins and GABA.

olive

Probably is nice dopamine rush from getting out in nice scenery and exploring a little, maybe? Also a release in beta-endorphins and GABA.
Not only that but exercise, especially high intensity exercise like sprinting as @Runenight201 mentioned above, powerfully stimulates BDNF which has potent anti-depressant potential.

jet9

I feel millions time better with regular exercise.
Do it in the morning daily and didn’t miss a session in last 3 years :) It’s like drug to me.

mipp

Two years ago I spent an entire summer walking 5-10 km or 15 km on bike almost every day. It was the only time that high carb diet really worked for me. I was losing weight and feeling good at the same time. It's a shame I can't do this on a regular basis because nothing compares to slow cardio. Walking or slow cycling in rural areas at sunset makes me feel absolutely the best. I hate gym, HIIT gives me insomnia and makes me overeat, I actually gain weight from it.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

Well, if it's exhaustive/overly long, it's probably harmful and you won't feel as good long-term. Light to moderate cardio like taking a walk or riding a treadmill or a bike at a comfortable pace probably doesn't induce a high level of lipolysis - in fact it might increase nerve growth factors in the brain.

I was doing daily cardio for months. Felt great and fit and lean and digestion was QUICK. My body just feels more nimble, flexible and energetic from intense cardio.

Stopped all cardio and only did light weights + stretching + yoga, got fatter and did not feel better physically or emotionally.

Regularly exercising at high intensity provides physical and mental benefits (for me) that last for several days. If I work out intensely on Monday I feel great until Thursday.

Also I’m cycling at basically 80% intensity for 30 minutes, which I suspect causes a significant amount of lipolysis so sometimes I will take some Vitamin C and E before working out to reduce lipid peroxidation.

Last edited:
OP
SOMO

SOMO

I feel millions time better with regular exercise.
Do it in the morning daily and didn’t miss a session in last 3 years :) It’s like drug to me.

I’d love to work out in the morning but I wake up at 5AM to get ready for work, so I’d have to wake up even earlier to go work out.

But working out later in the day is harder because often times I’m tired from work.

Maybe I just need to rearrange my sleep schedule.

Do you eat before working out btw?
I find it hard to eat and then work out, I don’t like the feeling of food bouncing around while I’m exercising.

TripleOG

Only moderate-intensity cardio (e.g.: jogging) for prolonged periods gives me issue, usually when I'm no longer doing them and I'm left cold with a down-regulated metabolism.

Explosive movements have always felt great after the fact as long as I respect volume tolerance.

Walking and general low-intensity activity, whether it be indoors or outside, is very regulatory. Drives up pulse, temps, hunger, sleep quality, improves gut motility, hastens recovery, etc.

Dino D

I feel better... I only felt bad when being super low on calories, and if i trained to often or to much... every activity makes me feel better, cardio, gym, hit, walking, whatever...
I know maybe 300-400 real life people that claim the same, that always tell me that they feel bad if not active, that sports make them feel good, sleep better, more condition and so on... it is only here (from so many forums and sites) that I ever found true ,,anti-moving" propaganda ;)
proper rest in this context and in my opinion is not 2-3 years of sitting and resting...

ddjd

definitely I find 30 minutes of jogging resets something dopamine related. just a huge sense of positivity after doing it.

T

TheBeard

Like many already mentioned on this forum, exercise should be felt as a need, not forced upon you.

It need to sprout from a inner tingling sensation that you can't sit still, that you have to exert your energy in one way or another.
If you feel run down, it's probably best to not exercise, don't think that it will positively snowball and give you energy when you don't have energy in the first place, it doesn't work like that. At least for me it doesn't.

The only times when running or lifting weights felt good, gave me a pump and more energy, was when I had basal energy to begin with.

The times when I exercised when fatigued hoping it would give me energy, it always left me with a high cortisol state and low energy.

brainfog

It lowers stress and anxiety. I think one big reason being the brain gets like 20% more blood flow to the brain. So temporarly the brain will work better. Helps to regulate emotions etc.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

definitely I find 30 minutes of jogging resets something dopamine related. just a huge sense of positivity after doing it.

Agreed, benefits of exercise are not just physical.

There are clear, tangible MENTAL benefits.

I find exercising makes me less anxious and overall just a warmer, more friendly and personable person to be around.