Anyone Else Experiencing A Change In State Of Mind?

Bluebell

I'm feeling like my state of mind or personality has been changing recently, since Peat & improving thyroid.

What I've noticed is I seem to be more talkative, louder, talk faster, eat faster, have more motivation, think quicker and feel more resilient. For example if around passive aggression, usually in the past I'd have difficulty not feeling hurt by it. I'd be pretty vulnerable to other people affecting my emotional state. Whereas now it's more like water off a duck's back (I'm not fully there yet, but getting there!). I also feel like going out a lot more.

You could call it increased energy, but it feels more fundamental than that.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is noticing changes, or if others around you notice a difference.

Mittir

Ray Peat once commented in an interview that estrogen is the reason women are
talkative. I am not sure if your talkativeness is a result of excess estrogen or just
expression of healthy thyroid. He also said excess reading, talking and thinking injures
brain cells. This why he spend a good chunk of his time painting.
It is hard to be offended when you feel great physically and hormonally.
Apparently most of our emotional reactions are controlled by hormones.

Mittir

chris said:
Mittir said:
He also said excess reading, talking and thinking injures brain cells.

Where did he say this?

I do not remember the exact interview, it is in one those audio interview.
I am hoping someone else remembers which interview was it.
It is a very unusual comment, not easy to forget once you hear it.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Mittir said:
Ray Peat once commented in an interview that estrogen is the reason women are
talkative. I am not sure if your talkativeness is a result of excess estrogen or just
expression of healthy thyroid. He also said excess reading, talking and thinking injures
brain cells. This why he spend a good chunk of his time painting.
It is hard to be offended when you feel great physically and hormonally.
Apparently most of our emotional reactions are controlled by hormones.

Very interesting. I'd agree that excess brain activity is not good. Hm - I'm gonna think about that! ;)

I don't think it's excess estrogen as I know mine's gone way down thankfully. I do think it's me adjusting to having more energy. I used to give out all the little energy I had and end up depleted. I think I'm still in the habit of pouring out everything I have, when I'm with friends/family. Now I can adjust and chill out a bit I think.

Swandattur

That rings true to me about the excess reading, talking and thinking, especially the reading and thinking, because I don't usually talk that much. I have noticed when I think too long and hard about something, it's not good. The reading too long, too. It's best to take a break to clear and relax my mind. Otherwise I lose perspective and feel tired, and muddled.

mandance

That's odd because painting requires a huge amount of thinking. Although its more in line with thinking and observing then doing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Drawing and painting require a different side of the brain, right side.

mamaherrera

I hope I become more relaxed as I adhere more to this diet. I think way too much, until my head hurts. And I have OCD< so I hope I mellow out. I don't know what the major thing I should do, but yes, I would love to see a change in state of mind. How much is diet/system and how much is it just being my personality?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Improving energy/metabolism moves things from an excited, panicky even, state..........to a energized, relaxed,.......things dont bother you like they use to state.

jyb

As above, moving from a worried and excited state to a more relaxed state, being able to down 5 cups of coffee yet feeling so relaxed and able to take a nap. In the excited state, taking a nap was challenging and that was without coffee.