Anyone Done Low/nofat Enough Protein And Unlimited Sugar?

superhuman

Hello

I was wondering if anybody has tried doing the fat deficient diet or low/no fat diet with enough protein 80-150g coming from good sources like milk, cheese etc but ofc skimmed milk etc.
Since the body has a really hard time making fat from simple sugars found in fruit,milk, white sugar would be nice to hear if people had experimented with skimmed milk, low fat cottage cheese as their protein source and rest fruit and sugar simple sugar.

I know ray says calcium,protein,salt and sugar is the biggest metabolic stimulators. I guess coconut oil also but you only need 10-20g a day to get that effect wich will still be very low fat.

Would be cool to hear peoples experiences in terms of weight loss, if they could eat more calories etc etc

Ben

Re: Anyone done low/nofat enough protein and unlimited sugar

Food gets better digested if there is there is all 3 macronutrients present: Fat, carbs, and protein. RP said on a podcast that a fat-free diet isn't a good idea. He also regretted eating around 50% of his calories from fat, so keep it around 30% or lower.

OP
S

superhuman

Cool, thanx. He said 10g coconut oil with each meal is good. That is still very low fat. But also there are some fat in fruit

OP
S

superhuman

But for fat loss/weight loss he said going almost no fat was the best?

Curt :-)

Yo.
My diet is pretty low in fat and it seems to be working for me; I'm lean (about 9% bodyfat) and feeling good. Although I may just be feeling good compared to how I used to feel (***t). Diet is mostly OJ, Coke, gummi's, whey, low fat milk & cheese.
I don't think you could do no fat, even if it was healthy, because you'd have to drink skim milk and avoid cheeses.

OP
S

superhuman

Curt: thats great. How long have you been doing this? how many calories do you eat in a day? have you lost weight doing it? do you feel you can eat alot more in terms of majority of calories coming from sugar and keeping it low fat?

I've been doing this for about 5 months or so. Previous to that I was doing paleo plus carbs as low carb made me feel awful. I gained a little bit of chubb in the first couple of months but then lost it again after adding whey protein, as I just wasn't getting enough protein from milk and cheese because of my work schedule. The convenience of whey is a life saver for me.
I've never counted calories so I couldn't give you numbers, but I do try to make every snack a protein/carb fix with a dash of salt. I'm already reasonably defined, but I'm hoping to end up with one of those wirey physiques that teenage boys have, except with more muscle mass. You know those lean-**** guys who have vascularity and definition despite doing nothing for it lol.
What I'd really like to do is tweak Peats ideas to make them more physique appropriate. There's too many Peatys that had to get fat to feel good again, and too many fitness models that feel like ***t. I think it can be done

OP
S

superhuman

Haha omg Curt you sound like me. Im on the exact same path to that :)

The one thing i find a little hard as well with peat is to make good meals like the protein sources is mostly milk wich isnt exactly a "meal" :) cottage cheese i guess is ok but its very expensive.

Would be nice to make dishes that are 100% peaty without starches and to much fat but still high in carbs and protein.

OP
S

superhuman

Curt: how many grams of protein are you getting each day now?

We can trade idea's/experiences then :):
Hmmm, lets see. On average, I'll have to 2 or 3 scoops of whey (25g protein), 2 - 3 glasses of milk, a few slices of cheese. I also sometimes eat lean meats and starches (as long as they digest well, I don't mind eating non Peaty foods on occasion). Just thinking about it now, its really not that much protein huh? Maybe 100/110? I am a small guy though- 5"7, 72kg.