Anyone did 23andme? im searching for SNPs that have something to do with the following symptons

IWishIWasRich

1) Scalp itch
2) Hairloss
3) Dysfuntional thyroid (TSH high, antibodies sometimes high)
4) General sloppyness/tiredness/fatigue/brainfog.

What SNPs can I look for that would aim to some clues in how to fix this? I have tried so much stuff for my scalp itch and it's always there. I take 75mcg of T4 for my thyroid and it doesn't seem to be enough, im sloppy, lazy as hell, fatigued etc, specially in the morning. I procastinate even to go to bed.

mujuro

Yes I had my SNPs tested. My two homozygous polymorphisms are MTHFR C77T and NAT2. I take Metabolic Maintenance B Complex to correct the former, and there isn't much I can do to correct the latter except avoid smoking, car fumes, etc. From what research I did, there appeared to be no greater link to lung cancer among NAT2 homozygotes than there is in normal subjects.

I had the test done because I was ill. I had bad digestion, hair loss, itchy scalp, Raynaud's, perniosis, fatigue. I got myself into that ditch because of an intersection of 3 foolish mistakes: I played with T3 to the point where I felt minor hyper symptoms, so when I ceased the T3 I went hypo for about 2 months; I was preoccupied with fasting/fishoils/lowcarb/fatloss; and I was not on my medication since about a year prior, which guaranteed elevated circulating cortisol around the clock.

It was the worst period of my entire life. This was exactly 24 months ago. I don't think the SNP screening helped with much. I mean, I've had them since birth so why in 2013 should they be such an issue, unless it was because of the three causes I listed above? Still, I learnt a great deal about the methylation cycle and how B12, folate and everything else works.

You might feel better if you add in some T3.

Back
Top Bottom