Anyone believe in either God or karma?

Phosphor

I doubt my path is going to work for many. In my 20s (I am now 72) I took a course in Transcendental Meditation. Within one week, I achieved a state of no-thoughts, hearing indescribably beautiful music as if I were wearing headphones. I could make the music go anywhere I wanted. That was the start of my journey. Along the way, I took the Silva Method, was in Eckankar for a while, read books about astral projection, studied shamanism, and finally ended up taking Gateway at the Monroe Institute in 1995, where I had my second OBE. It has gone from there (several more programs at TMI, which continues,) to where I have had quite a few STEs (spiritually transformative experiences) and now I am doing my best to continue my growth via Sanaya; however I do not now and never have followed a "guru" or any kind of "holy book" and don't subscribe to any particular belief system, only what I have found to be true for myself. I don't do any rituals or ceremonies. We're all on the journey and each of us has an individual path.

AdR

Thank you for sharing I had not heard of many of those things you listed. I recommend the Yoga Vasistha. It was written by an anonymous author some thousands of years ago.

B

Blaze

A discussion like this can easily become hostile and go down the toilet. This a great forum with very cool members. Good job whoever made this site!
Yes, hard to discuss these big metaphysical themes and not offend or run into a combative situation no matter how innocent or noble the intentions to discuss it respectfully.

I second the "great forum sentiment".
I learn a lot every day from others here discussing various topics. Leaves me feeling grateful to all who post. I value disparate opinion the most and tend to learn much more from those who disagree with me as long as they can back up their position with a good well researched argument. Iron sharpens iron.

mariantos

Well for all we know we could just be a little accident something made and just left never to think about this place again. It makes no sense for a loving God to just never show himself or make it obvious he is there and let people suffer , proved through his son? Well for one you only believe this because of a book lol you have never spoken to God or Jesus.
Why do you use the plural form?

I do not consider myself an accident, what surrounds me certainly denotes that it is more than an accident, and if you think you are an accident, then I tell you that you disregard yourself, you practically despise yourself and you have no reason to make that.

Yes, I spoke with Jesus Christ the Lord, with God the Father, through prayer, through contemplation during the day, the night before I fell asleep, I felt God in my life, He kept me alive when I had to die, he protected me countless times in very dangerous situations from which I had no escape apparently, extremely dangerous situations, but for Him all are possible, I received answers to my prayers, to some of my questions, to the requirements, it is wonderful the feeling I felt emotionally but and of the body when I communicate with Him, I get some tingling, pleasant shivers in my body, I do not know how to describe that state when I actually feel that God is with me, next to me, I have been the witness and I still witness His works, how I was wicked ... I never understood how He could love like that a sinner, so you can never in your life come to demonstrate to me or play on words that there is no God, you can bring battalions to support you, I know what I have lived and am living, I am aware of the battle for our souls , I see this.He is closer to us than we can imagine, God is immanent in His creation.

However, whoever wants to approach Him must believe that He is, exists, that is why I can understand your skepticism and I respect your point of view, but it does not mean that if I understand you, I also agree with you.

I choose to believe in God's Word, but because in another topic I saw that you were ignorant of the messages you received from those who answered your repetitive questions, I will not give you quotations from the Bible.

imei3489

Just curious about how the rp forum members think about this in general.
Also feel free to discuss law of attraction beliefs
i dont know what to believe but i think that doing incredibly evil stuff somehow makes you powerful, or rewards you in some twisted way. its the only way i ca make sense of how far people go to be purposefully evil. so i guess i believe in evil.

youngsinatra

I really enjoy this thread so far. Keep this going!

Is there anyone else here who was really into spirituality/religion before discovering the bioenergetic view of life?

For 4-5 years I was immensely interested in studying religion and spirituality, rituals, history and so on. At the same time I was really desperate, depressed, anxious and felt like suffering 24/7 in life and thought that spirituality might save me from my suffering.

In that time I went all the way from christianity to taoism to buddhism to new age to christianity again to atheism to agnosticism and so on. Nothing really brought me relief from my pain.

Well, then I found Ray and started implementing a couple of principles to my lifestyle and nutrition. I then started having a few moments where I felt true wellbeing and happiness, that I haven‘t even experienced in childhood. Just euphoria, great energy, laughing for no reason, while I am at home just drinking coffee and sitting in the sun.

I was really really hypometabolic for a long time with temperatures in the 34.7-35.0 range and resting heart rate around 40-50. When I think about my childhood I was really easily fatigued and always had a burning sensation after the slightest physical activity - I think that I have run on lactic acid for a long time. (sign of deranged metabolism)

Well I haven‘t fixed all my health problems with this approach yet, but I have a developed a greater awareness about tools I can use to treat certain problems.

One might consider it sadly, but religion and spirituality haven‘t really been in this tool box for my life problems anymore.

Peace to y‘all.

PurpleHeart

Words are very effective at defining things when they have a single meaning,

The more things a word defines the least effectively it does so, the word God can mean so many things that it ends up meaning nothing.

I think intelligence, technology and art are the most interesting, intriguing and least boring things that exist so far, so this is what I believe in, religions and spirituality are a trap that reduces your chances of understanding the universe, so believing that I choose to not pay to much attention in these things, that's what I think.

nomoreketones

I don't know what to believe because nothing explains everything. When you think about it, there is really no reason for anything to exist at all, not even God. But here we are. No explanations make any sense.

AdR

Words are very effective at defining things when they have a single meaning,

The more things a word defines the least effectively it does so, the word God can mean so many things that it ends up meaning nothing.

I think intelligence, technology and art are the most interesting, intriguing and least boring things that exist so far, so this is what I believe in, religions and spirituality are a trap that reduces your chances of understanding the universe, so believing that I choose to not pay to much attention in these things, that's what I think.
The thing is that you can't think with anything you made yourself. You imagine and rationalize with what you have been granted. And you think of things that you have also been granted. If there are things you want deep down, those desires were imparted to you, you don't whiteboard your desires unless you are Tony Robbins and that is a whole different conversation. All you can do is accept what you have been given or say it's not enough and reach for something else, but what you will get when you say no and what you will reach for are not up to you. Your 'decision tree' was drawn up without any input from you.

There will be things people want if they have peace of mind, and there will be things that they want if they are lost and confused. I don't think that what those things are is up to us.

Jing

Why do you use the plural form?

I do not consider myself an accident, what surrounds me certainly denotes that it is more than an accident, and if you think you are an accident, then I tell you that you disregard yourself, you practically despise yourself and you have no reason to make that.

Yes, I spoke with Jesus Christ the Lord, with God the Father, through prayer, through contemplation during the day, the night before I fell asleep, I felt God in my life, He kept me alive when I had to die, he protected me countless times in very dangerous situations from which I had no escape apparently, extremely dangerous situations, but for Him all are possible, I received answers to my prayers, to some of my questions, to the requirements, it is wonderful the feeling I felt emotionally but and of the body when I communicate with Him, I get some tingling, pleasant shivers in my body, I do not know how to describe that state when I actually feel that God is with me, next to me, I have been the witness and I still witness His works, how I was wicked ... I never understood how He could love like that a sinner, so you can never in your life come to demonstrate to me or play on words that there is no God, you can bring battalions to support you, I know what I have lived and am living, I am aware of the battle for our souls , I see this.He is closer to us than we can imagine, God is immanent in His creation.

However, whoever wants to approach Him must believe that He is, exists, that is why I can understand your skepticism and I respect your point of view, but it does not mean that if I understand you, I also agree with you.

I choose to believe in God's Word, but because in another topic I saw that you were ignorant of the messages you received from those who answered your repetitive questions, I will not give you quotations from the Bible.
I never said there wasn't a creator .... how did you hear him exactly?in your head or like you was speaking to someone infront off you? How do you know for a fact God saved you from these situations??

marcar72

I'm a King James Bible believing born again Christian. The belief in "karma" is a mass witchcraft spell more or less. So I do believe there is a thing called "karma" but that it's part and parcel of witchcraft so I don't personally adhere to (participate in) that. :2cents:

AdR

I'm a King James Bible believing born again Christian. The belief in "karma" is a mass witchcraft spell more or less. So I do believe there is a thing called "karma" but that it's part and parcel of witchcraft so I don't personally adhere to (participate in) that. :2cents:
Plotting to perform an action to achieve a desired effect (greed) is bad karma (action) though. All designs are bad. These major religions are fundamentally the same, but the fundamentals are so easily overlooked I think

nomoreketones

From the born Again Christian perspective, is all divine retribution for sin received after one dies and faces judgement? Or can one face divine consequences on earth before death?

I think there are multiple dictionary definitions for karma. Facing divine consequences for sin before death might fit one of those definitions?

AdR

Vedic 'hinduism' if there is such a thing has been corrupted. In the vedas idolatry is strongly discouraged. In the Vedic texts, the highest form of worship is defined as inner stillness, which allows for the witnessing and total acceptance of the autonomous movement of both the inner (psyche) and outer (world) experience. Nothing belongs to anyone but God, not even man himself. This tradition is very Christian in its reverence for the creator and creation, which it regards as one and the same, as well as the one and only existing entity.

marcar72

From the born Again Christian perspective, is all divine retribution for sin received after one dies and faces judgement? Or can one face divine consequences on earth before death?

Well from a born again Christian perspective all of my sins have already been judged at the Cross of Calvary. The sins of the whole world were paid for at the Cross of Calvary. Salvation is by no means universal, though. Those that aren't born again will face the Great White Throne judgment. I do think God chastises those he knows (children of God) such as a good father would do to a child he loves.

Karma is a spiritual concept that operates though a "god of forces". It's the spirit of Antichrist. The Bible says that the Antichrist will honour the God of forces: Daniel 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Sin is why everyone eventually dies (unless translated at the Rapture), gets sick, makes mistakes, etc., etc. It effects EVERYONE, even the WHOLE CREATION. It's not "karma". There's also the dispensation of human government (punishment for law breakers). It's not "karma" either.

The whole End Times delusion will be part and parcel of Hinduism. (evolution, karma, spirit guides, pantheism, ufos, new age, false religions, etc., etc.)

I was sort of keen to the idea of "Christian karma" for awhile but had to repent of the idea. It really is more or less witchcraft. Those who wholeheartedly believe in it will be hexed by it and/or deceived by it. :2cents:

Last edited:
These major religions are fundamentally the same,
Except for the King James Bible believer who receives eternal life as a free gift that they couldn't possibly work for. This is the distinguishing difference between authentic Christianity and every other religion of the world, including all of the many perversions that smear the Christian label.

Ephesians 2:8-9
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I think there are multiple dictionary definitions for karma. Facing divine consequences for sin before death might fit one of those definitions?

At the time that a man is born again, his soul becomes a member of the body of Christ and he receives the Comforter, aka the Holy Spirit. The soul of the born again believer is immediately seated with Christ in heavenly places with the guarantee of eternal life regardless of what choices he makes to satisfy his flesh in this current world.

Just because a born again Christian is sealed unto the day of redemption, this is not a license to sin. Any believer who sins is allowing it to happen because they have already conquered death through Christ's death on the cross. The flesh will suffer consequences for sin and may possibly be delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that their soul may be saved. Essentially, if a born again believer has a hardened heart and sins over and over, their flesh will be destroyed sooner... yet a man without God might receive temporary power in this life by sacrificing to Satan, yet they have never known about the peace which passeth all understanding until they offer themselves to be a living sacrifice for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Also, God chastens all of His children because that's what a loving Father does. He doesn't reward bad behavior.

Proverbs 13:24-25
[24] He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
[25] The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want.

Galatians 6:7-8
[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Romans 6:20-23
[20] For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
[21] What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
[22] But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 5:1-5
[1] It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
[2] And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
[3] For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
[4] In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
[5] To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 12:1-2
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hebrews 12:6-8
[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Revelation 3:19-20
[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

skittles

I believe in God. I can't articulate exactly what that means, but I don't think it's quite the same as how most religious people think of God.
I don't think of God as exclusive to any one religion. My concept of God isn't personified, and doesn't have any sort of human-ness. But I feel with an unwavering certainty that there's some sort of intelligence governing everything in this plane of reality.
God, in my eyes, is almost like a magnetic force or something which gently pulls things toward order. And there's another intelligent force out there that is pulling things in the opposite direction toward disorder. And my life seems to improve in every way if I really make an effort to align with a sense of morality that leads the world toward order and away from disorder.
And hey, maybe I'm wrong and we're all just meaningless clumps of space dirt, and everything is random and coincidental. But for whatever reason, I just have a much harder time believing that.

AdR

Sin is why everyone eventually dies (unless translated at the Rapture), gets sick, makes mistakes, etc., etc. It effects EVERYONE, even the WHOLE CREATION. It's not "karma". There's also the dispensation of human government (punishment for law breakers). It's not "karma" either.
Sin is any action begotten by inner strife. It is negative karma most certainly; sin is negative action, and karma means action. As a matter of fact, there goes a line in a hindu text that reads "all action is deceitful," meaning that inner movement belies one's intended nature and results in sin, and which implies that any action born form inner strife is sinful, no matter how well-meaning. The essence is this: do what you must as God wills it; straining to do more or to do less than what is one's duty to God and himself is the sin. Without inner strife one will naturally act out the will of God, which he will hear loudly and clearly.

And you are right, sin is the cause of all ills, both personal and and more widespread.

AdR

Except for the King James Bible believer who receives eternal life as a free gift that they couldn't possibly work for. This is the distinguishing difference between authentic Christianity and every other religion of the world, including all of the many perversions that smear the Christian label.
This is precisely the message of the Vedic tradition and the Taoists as well. Salvation is a gift and there is nothing you can do to get besides being still. To do anything else requires forcing yourself away from God in favor of the material.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals