Anybody Tried Eating Traditionally Prepared Grains & Legumes On A Peat Diet?

tara

I avoided sugar for 15 years, and my teeth continued to deteriorate. Can't say I've solved this yet. I gather the fat soluble vitamins, sufficient calcium and magnesium, and good metabolism are all relevant, and I'm working on them.

uuy8778yyi

tara said:
Works for some people.
I think teeth like a strong metabolism and good vitamin and mineral status.
What do you want your food to do for you, other than provide calories?

Do you have a thread summarising what you are here for, what your health is like, what you are hoping to improve on, what you are eating? A scatter-gun set of questions is unlikely to get you as meaningful a set of responses as a fuller picture of your context.

i am looking to replace bread, crackers, wheat, and pasta as carb sources

with either fruit and potatoes, milk,

or just leave the fruit out because of my teeth

tara

I would guess that potatoes would be an improvement on the grain foods, maybe by being easier on your gut, and probably by providing a better mineral balance, and some good protein.

Peat tends to favour milk and fruit as significant parts of the diet, if they work for you. Some people here, and I think Peat, rinse their mouths out with either water or baking soda in water after drinking juice etc for the sake of not having their teeth soak in sugar and acid. I should probably do the same, but I often don't get a round to it.

Newbophyte

jyb said:
uuy8778yyi said:
still full of pufa though ? or not ?

The problems of flour go far beyond pufa, plant chemicals and the usual starch problems. The alleged effects on the gut lining are unrelated to the pufa content.

That's the gluten for ya. You could go with white flour and water wrapped around a stick and baked in a campfire ('hobo bread'), but still the gluten, and to a lesser extent the starch content aren't that great, irrespective of the oils present.

Newbophyte

Such_Saturation said:
Newbophyte said:
As a Celiac, the Sourdough thing interests me. I used to make my lunch starting around age 6 or so; and the 'club sandwiches' often had homegrown pickles and sourdough bread. Perhaps there was something to that choice? Anyway, wanted to chime in; I'm trying to find Hominy for Pozole, which, besides being the real deal Mexican dish of choice for a cold winter's day, is also a dish that sports corn treated with Lye. My question, since I can't find either hominy or lye, is whether I can use baking soda for a similar effect. Anyway, check out the recipe. It's delicious!

You can but it takes days, lye or not you must start with the dried grains and must grind them down after the process.

Yes, I tried a test batch by soaking dried corn kernels for about 48 hours in a solution of baking sofa and water. After rinsing, the kernels had swollen and their cotyledon had split open. The flesh itself had been changed and has the typical hominy texture, and tasted of baking soda, in a way. My roommate ate it all before I could manage to make pozole with it!

Newbophyte said:
Such_Saturation said:
Newbophyte said:
As a Celiac, the Sourdough thing interests me. I used to make my lunch starting around age 6 or so; and the 'club sandwiches' often had homegrown pickles and sourdough bread. Perhaps there was something to that choice? Anyway, wanted to chime in; I'm trying to find Hominy for Pozole, which, besides being the real deal Mexican dish of choice for a cold winter's day, is also a dish that sports corn treated with Lye. My question, since I can't find either hominy or lye, is whether I can use baking soda for a similar effect. Anyway, check out the recipe. It's delicious!

You can but it takes days, lye or not you must start with the dried grains and must grind them down after the process.

Yes, I tried a test batch by soaking dried corn kernels for about 48 hours in a solution of baking sofa and water. After rinsing, the kernels had swollen and their cotyledon had split open. The flesh itself had been changed and has the typical hominy texture, and tasted of baking soda, in a way. My roommate ate it all before I could manage to make pozole with it!

Nice.

Luann

Legumes work for me better than grains, and they give me less of a heavy sluggish feeling if they are fermented.

(Recipe):
1. Cook beans
2. Mash with plenty of salt
3. Seal away in mason jar for 3 days, eat with garlic and sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom