Anybody here really cured histamine intolerance?

redsun

@redsun my man

Another question: with which „everyday“ foods can I keep my zinc and copper up? I can’t eat liver or oysters everyday

If you have low blood levels of zinc and copper, you need to supplement zinc until those levels goes up. Copper can be easily obtained and you don't need that much to fix a deficiency but we have large amounts of zinc in the body (its the 2nd most abundant trace mineral in the body, iron is 1st) so when these zinc levels are low many problems arise. Especially in regards digestion and gut motility, appetite problems, and overall health and well-being.

If you have low to near deficient zinc levels according to blood tests, you can supplement pretty high doses for a short time but then drop it back down again. The sooner you fix a deficiency, the better off you will be. High copper foods are of course liver, dark chocolate, tropical fruits, potatoes, as examples.

OP
M

Motif

If you have low blood levels of zinc and copper, you need to supplement zinc until those levels goes up. Copper can be easily obtained and you don't need that much to fix a deficiency but we have large amounts of zinc in the body (its the 2nd most abundant trace mineral in the body, iron is 1st) so when these zinc levels are low many problems arise. Especially in regards digestion and gut motility, appetite problems, and overall health and well-being.

If you have low to near deficient zinc levels according to blood tests, you can supplement pretty high doses for a short time but then drop it back down again. The sooner you fix a deficiency, the better off you will be. High copper foods are of course liver, dark chocolate, tropical fruits, potatoes, as examples.

my blood tests always were almost in deficiency. The crazy thing is that I was taking high amounts of zinc over a long time , then before blood tests I stopped for a few days to supplement and then again - almost deficient. I tried this a few times.

youngsinatra

I actually had very bad histamine intolerance back in my ketogenic days, couldn‘t even tolerate small amounts of histamines. I had severe daily panic attacks due to high histamines and It almost rendered me unable to live life.

I think it was due to high stress, low copper intake, zinc supplementation, high dose vitamin D without A.

After adding in beef liver, and increasing my magnesium for almost a year, I now have no problems with histamine rich foods anymore - maybe a little bit of symptoms when I drink a bottle of red wine if I would try. :D

OP
M

Motif

I actually had very bad histamine intolerance back in my ketogenic days, couldn‘t even tolerate small amounts of histamines. I had severe daily panic attacks due to high histamines and It almost rendered me unable to live life.

I think it was due to high stress, low copper intake, zinc supplementation, high dose vitamin D without A.

After adding in beef liver, and increasing my magnesium for almost a year, I now have no problems with histamine rich foods anymore - maybe a little bit of symptoms when I drink a bottle of red wine if I would try. :D
How much magnesium and how much and often beef liver ?

youngsinatra

How much magnesium and how much and often beef liver ?
I experimented with frozen beef liver for a long time - amount was around 10-15g of beef liver, daily.
I freeze beef liver for 2 weeks, then cut a piece of and cut it into fine chunks, add 1 tsp of olive oil (to lubricate it and to help the absorption of retinol and copper), swallow it with a glass of OJ.

At the moment I am using desiccated beef liver - 3g daily.

Supplemental magnesium intake is around 600mg daily. (3x 200mg spread across the day - morning, midday, evening)
I always take the magnesium with a salty meal to help absorption and retention.
I use magnesium glycinate and malate.

somuch4food

what do you think is wrong with me? Seborrhoic eczema in my face. Dermatitis on scalp. Tight muscles everywhere. Ad(sometimes H)D.
Digestion always sucked.
some of the worst triggers that come to my mind are OJ and Peanut butter. I made Jogurt with lots of dates and raisins and dried apricots and that was hell too.

That's a salicylates nightmare for me. Salicylic acid can be a trigger for eczema.

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

was eating beef liver two times in a row. Drank some cocoa and took some zinc supplement, still I feel the seborrhoic eczema flaring up right now.

how should I continue ?

OP
M

Motif

My flareup calmed down again it seems. Not itchy anymore

Last edited:

redsun

@redsun

was eating beef liver two times in a row. Drank some cocoa and took some zinc supplement, still I feel the seborrhoic eczema flaring up right now.

how should I continue ?

One thing I noticed that I think is worth mentioning is that when I ate beef liver I got even more high histamine symptoms. I ate 3/4 lbs over the span of 5 days. It seems it could be do to the massive vitamin A intake in the liver making symptoms worse even if there's tons of copper in there. Ray also talked about how eating liver can make you hypothyroid (at least temporarily), and what could be happening is eating liver, though providing DAO cofactors (B2, copper) makes you hypothyroid, thus reducing sensitivity to adrenaline, and therefore less beta 2 receptor activation, more histamine release. This is just a theory.

Only when I took more zinc and ate more zinc from beef and layed off copper foods did these symptoms calm down again. It is is generally believed a high Cu/Zn ratio in terms of dietary intake is not good for the thyroid, and this could explain why getting a sudden surge in copper intake (or it could be the vit. A) making you hypothyroid makes histamine problems worse and also skin problems (since thyroid and zinc is important for good skin).

Nomane Euger

Hi redsun,
One thing I noticed that I think is worth mentioning is that when I ate beef liver I got even more high histamine symptoms. I ate 3/4 lbs over the span of 5 days. It seems it could be do to the massive vitamin A intake in the liver making symptoms worse even if there's tons of copper in there. Ray also talked about how eating liver can make you hypothyroid (at least temporarily), and what could be happening is eating liver, though providing DAO cofactors (B2, copper) makes you hypothyroid, thus reducing sensitivity to adrenaline, and therefore less beta 2 receptor activation, more histamine release. This is just a theory.

Only when I took more zinc and ate more zinc from beef and layed off copper foods did these symptoms calm down again. It is is generally believed a high Cu/Zn ratio in terms of dietary intake is not good for the thyroid, and this could explain why getting a sudden surge in copper intake (or it could be the vit. A) making you hypothyroid makes histamine problems worse and also skin problems (since thyroid and zinc is important for good skin).
hi redsun,iam trying to connect some dots,do you know if high or low histamine is conductive to more rem sleep?also,does high thyroid hormones lower histamines?when i eat kidneys ,just 50 grammes I have exceptional temperature and rem sleep,highly pleasurable dreams and sex dreams,Wich doesn’t occur with the same amount of liver from the very same animal.and yes eating to much liver can definitely make you hypo,that make me wonder how do hunter gatherers that prize organs meat,eat organs first,then a bunch a muscle meat up to 2 kilos in one go

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

now that you mention thyroid is connected- I had a strange feeling today in the throat. No idea if that’s coincidence, but it felt like something got stucked in my esophagus.

redsun

Hi redsun,

hi redsun,iam trying to connect some dots,do you know if high or low histamine is conductive to more rem sleep?also,does high thyroid hormones lower histamines?when i eat kidneys ,just 50 grammes I have exceptional temperature and rem sleep,highly pleasurable dreams and sex dreams,Wich doesn’t occur with the same amount of liver from the very same animal.and yes eating to much liver can definitely make you hypo,that make me wonder how do hunter gatherers that prize organs meat,eat organs first,then a bunch a muscle meat up to 2 kilos in one go

Excess histamine will usually lead to insomnia. But of course there is more to it such as where your norepinephrine, GABA, dopamine, acetylcholine levels are.

Elize

Excess histamine will usually lead to insomnia. But of course there is more to it such as where your norepinephrine, GABA, dopamine, acetylcholine levels are

How do you find out what your levels are? Thanks Redsun

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

what zinc / copper ratio would be good?
how much of each do you think are needed daily?

drinking some cocoa alone will hit the copper rda . But I drink about a liter or more milk daily + eating cheese and I heard high calcium will require more zinc? Is this right?

And which form of zinc supplement is best absorbed?
Thanks!

youngsinatra

I think the dietary copper:zinc ratio should be around 1:10.

I get like 5mg of copper from mushrooms, liver and fruits and 40mg of zinc from lean red meat each day.

OP
M

Motif

I get like 5mg of copper from mushrooms, liver and fruits and 40mg of zinc from lean red meat each day.
Wow, that’s a lot. What happens when you get less?

redsun

How much red meat are you eating daily to get that amount? My zinc also come from red meat, get ~16mg just from the meat and reaching to around 23-25mg when adding all food together such as skim milk and small amounts in other foods.

@redsun

what zinc / copper ratio would be good?
how much of each do you think are needed daily?

drinking some cocoa alone will hit the copper rda . But I drink about a liter or more milk daily + eating cheese and I heard high calcium will require more zinc? Is this right?

And which form of zinc supplement is best absorbed?
Thanks!

You can do with <2mg of copper assuming its already in a good place. Minimum zinc intake daily should be 20mg a day for most men. Possibly more if you are trying to build a lot of muscle, have skin and digestion issues. Many people with chronically low zinc intake will benefit from supplementation temporarily.

OP
M

Motif

Ok i guess I need a lot. I think I will supplement some zinc.

few days in I’m eating more zinc and copper. Still itching / eczema, but I think slightly better.

youngsinatra

I eat around 500g of lean red meat a day.
I feel my best when I’m doing so. It‘s rich in zinc, B-vitamins, selenium, potassium.
It‘s quite high in iron, which is my only concern for me. I drink a double espresso after each meat meal and I do donate blood 4 times a year so I can mitigate some of that maybe.

Nomane Euger

How much red meat are you eating daily to get that amount? My zinc also come from red meat, get ~16mg just from the meat and reaching to around 23-25mg when adding all food together such as skim milk and small amounts in other foods.

You can do with <2mg of copper assuming its already in a good place. Minimum zinc intake daily should be 20mg a day for most men. Possibly more if you are trying to build a lot of muscle, have skin and digestion issues. Many people with chronically low zinc intake will benefit from supplementation temporarily.
is there an absorbtion cap for zinc?i remember chris masterjohn mentionning 7MG every 4 to 5 hours,i eat only 2 meal per day containing zinc rich foods

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals