Anybody here really cured histamine intolerance?

MidBicep

Citrate is just citric acid which is an intermediate in the citric acid cycle. It is not an allergen. Its not what makes citrus allergenic.

Well if you knew anything about what histadelia is, it does not sound fishy at all. They tend to have genetic mutations in their methylation cycle or in other enzymes causing histamine levels to build up (because they cannot produce SAM-e in high amounts to deactivate all the histamine they make, so histamine stores build up). They also almost always have high levels of folate, and folate in foods makes it worse.

All foods high in methionine or even higher in histidine 9 times out of 10. Its more so about high folate levels, and impaired methylation due to genetic mutations. These problem is made worse in the modern day by those susceptible to excess histamine because of folic acid fortification in foods.

You can read about histadelia and the symptoms that often accompany it in this pdf I link in this post.
My folate intake is like 1/3rd of the RDA. I appreciate your efforts to help me but I'm not sure I can benefit from it, at least right now.

redsun

My folate intake is like 1/3rd of the RDA. I appreciate your efforts to help me but I'm not sure I can benefit from it, at least right now.

What does your dietary intake have to do with your blood level? If you never tested blood level of folate, you cannot assume anything.

You are going to do what you want anyway but you need SAM-e or methionine to metabolize histamine in the CNS. Its as simple as that. Undermethylators have low SAM often due to genetic mutations of methylation cycle enzymes and they end up with histamine overload over time. Histamine levels will never go down in the CNS.

Dlt

Citrate is just citric acid which is an intermediate in the citric acid cycle. It is not an allergen. Its not what makes citrus allergenic.

Well if you knew anything about what histadelia is, it does not sound fishy at all. They tend to have genetic mutations in their methylation cycle or in other enzymes causing histamine levels to build up (because they cannot produce SAM-e in high amounts to deactivate all the histamine they make, so histamine stores build up). They also almost always have high levels of folate, and folate in foods makes it worse.

All foods high in methionine or even higher in histidine 9 times out of 10. Its more so about high folate levels, and impaired methylation due to genetic mutations. These problem is made worse in the modern day by those susceptible to excess histamine because of folic acid fortification in foods.

You can read about histadelia and the symptoms that often accompany it in this pdf I link in this post.
Good read on histadelia. I have read some of this from Trudy Scott book. One thing I read in your article above was that copper reduces histamine. I think I read that correctly. But if that is true, isn’t zinc a copper antagonist? I never fully understood that. So if I supplement zinc, will copper go down, thus clearing less histamine?

I have enjoyed reading your posts. Very well written. Thank you.

redsun

Good read on histadelia. I have read some of this from Trudy Scott book. One thing I read in your article above was that copper reduces histamine. I think I read that correctly. But if that is true, isn’t zinc a copper antagonist? I never fully understood that. So if I supplement zinc, will copper go down, thus clearing less histamine?

I have enjoyed reading your posts. Very well written. Thank you.
Too much zinc causing copper deficiency (due to prevention of absorption) or just low dietary copper intake can lead to DAO deficiency. 40mg+ of zinc and low dietary copper (~1mg) can eventually lead to low copper. That and B2 deficiency can cause low DAO. Its very rare to be deficient in copper due to low intake unless you take too much zinc for long periods of time.

Carb54

Since my low dose intake of cypro for 3 weeks (may 2020) I have not had any issues with histamine. Makes sense as it is an anti-histamine but would have expected a rebound by now

OP
M

Motif

what do you think is wrong with me? Seborrhoic eczema in my face. Dermatitis on scalp. Tight muscles everywhere. Ad(sometimes H)D.

some of the worst triggers that come to my mind are OJ and Peanut butter.
If you digest food really well and fast but have many allergic reactions and high inflammation and also get histamine reactions from food high in histamine (steak causes me to sneeze) like aged food, or histamine releasers like orange juice and some other fruits or anything that contains a high amount of histamine.. then that is high histamine.

If you have many digestive problems like indigestion, food intolerances, inflammation related bowel problems, that is low histamine. But you can get apparent histamine reactions that give the impression of too much histamine when in fact it is the opposite. These people with time find themselves with less and less food options as they have to keep removing because they can't stand most foods.

Reason I am distinguishing the two is because the way you fix both is very different and people can think they are the same thing, where histamine is the culprit in both situations, when it only is in one.

If you are the former, you need methionine/SAM-e and calcium to reduce histamine stores and avoid folate
fortified foods. This takes awhile depending on how bad you have it.

If you are the latter you need to increase histamine and acid secretions via histidine and zinc so you don't get digestive problems from eating food. With time you will be able to digest foods better and be able to have a more varied diet.
Thanks!
When I check my nutrients in Cronometer it’s pretty poor.
and blood tests for copper : zinc and ceruloplasmin always been low.

what would you recommend me to eat?
I really need help with my diet!

i just started with upping my milk intake by a lot a few days ago for more protein.

food over supplements I guess?
Opinion on oyster and beef liver capsules?

hcl betaine to meals or not?

oh and what about oats? Recommended or not? I was eating them dail years ago, but didn’t improve and the have a pretty good amount of zinc and copper I think.

Digestion: never had to go daily. More like every 3-4 days. But I didn’t eat a lot. Probably connected to this too. But slow digestion anyways

Last edited:

MidBicep

Too much zinc causing copper deficiency (due to prevention of absorption) or just low dietary copper intake can lead to DAO deficiency. 40mg+ of zinc and low dietary copper (~1mg) can eventually lead to low copper. That and B2 deficiency can cause low DAO. Its very rare to be deficient in copper due to low intake unless you take too much zinc for long periods of time.
Coming from carnivore I think it's quite possible that's my case, especially since I was just eating ground beef and not much liver.
Thanks!

i just started with upping my milk intake by a lot a few days ago for more protein.

I was thinking increasing my copper as well since my diet the past years has definitely been very high zinc and poor in copper. You could go for supplements but I'm gonna try out 1 oz of beef liver every day which is about 4mg of copper, like most supplements will give you. Probably gonna eat it after eating cheese / milk

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

Would Liver trigger histamine?
Dépend on peoples and how fresh it,i used to have histamine reactions to foods and fresh lamb/veal liver didn’t cause any,it made it better

Nomane Euger

Where would you find fresh liver as all is pre packaged?
I live in France,i researched on internet grass fed grass finished meat,I called them and ask them a
Bunch of unbiais questions to ensure they do not lie to me,and that’s it,I have my raiser butcher that provide me grass fed grass finished organs and meat every week or 2 weeks

Jing

If you are the former, you need methionine/SAM-e and calcium to reduce histamine stores and avoid folate fortified foods. This takes awhile depending on how bad you have it.
How much sam-e? Methionine and calcium?

redsun

How much sam-e? Methionine and calcium?

2g of each. Its important to know if you are a very high case. If you think have high histamine but not crazy high I would do 1g SAM-e instead of 2g. Ideally you want to do low doses just to see how you react and then build-up the dose. Usually SAM-e supplements come in 200-400mg pills.

Nomane Euger

2g of each. Its important to know if you are a very high case. If you think have high histamine but not crazy high I would do 1g SAM-e instead of 2g. Ideally you want to do low doses just to see how you react and then build-up the dose. Usually SAM-e supplements come in 200-400mg pills.
Hi redsun,if taking sam-e lower my histamines to much,would enough glycine be sufficient to prevent an excessive lowering?

Elize

I live in France,i researched on internet grass fed grass finished meat,I called them and ask them a
Bunch of unbiais questions to ensure they do not lie to me,and that’s it,I have my raiser butcher that provide me grass fed grass finished organs and meat every week or 2 weeks
Thanks so much.

OP
M

Motif

Thanks!

oh and what about oats? Recommended or not? I was eating them dail years ago, but didn’t improve and the have a pretty good amount of zinc and copper I think.

Digestion: never had to go daily. More like every 3-4 days. But I didn’t eat a lot. Probably connected to this too. But slow digestion anyways
Thanks!

@redsun my man

Another question: with which „everyday“ foods can I keep my zinc and copper up? I can’t eat liver or oysters everyday

Last edited: