Anybody Here Fixed Sibo?

OP
M

Motif

Thanks guys.

I think I will go with Oregano oil and Berberine.

Actually already started Oregano oil a few days ago and I think my Seborrhoic eczema is much better already.

It's not the first time I use it and other kill supplements but it never affected my skin issues, but my tongue cleared up and my bloating was gone after taking supplements over a few weeks two years ago

Constatine

If you just have SIBO the combination of eugenol (found in clove) and carvacrol (found in oregano) are highly synergistic against pathogenic and mature biofilms (eradication of 99 percent). But SIBO in some cases cannot easily be resolved by just antibiotic substances (especially when said antibiotic substances such as herbs effect the immune system). The combination of some glucans (which can be found in mushrooms) and antibiotic substances can be synergistic in modulating the gut microbiome by both direct antibiotic action and invoking the immune response. Note that too many glucans can lead to bacteria translocation by overactivation of the immune response so just some for a stimulatory effect is beneficial.

OP
M

Motif

If you just have SIBO the combination of eugenol (found in clove) and carvacrol (found in oregano) are highly synergistic against pathogenic and mature biofilms (eradication of 99 percent). But SIBO in some cases cannot easily be resolved by just antibiotic substances (especially when said antibiotic substances such as herbs effect the immune system). The combination of some glucans (which can be found in mushrooms) and antibiotic substances can be synergistic in modulating the gut microbiome by both direct antibiotic action and invoking the immune response. Note that too many glucans can lead to bacteria translocation by overactivation of the immune response so just some for a stimulatory effect is beneficial.

Thanks! So what would you recommend to try in my case?

Constatine

Shiitake and Maitake mushrooms have shown to synergistically stimulate the immune response so I'd eat these for your mushrooms. I think clove and oregano oils can both be powerful tools here and their combination should be synergistic so these will work well as antibiotics imo. Though experience reports are all over the map with oregano oil specifically. It might be safer to just consume the herbs themselves rather than the oils though.

My response is gonna be unpopular... at least if there are any hardcore fructose lovers here... but I think it's caused by fructose. More accurately, too much fructose. Many of us here go way overboard with the fructose. Sometime awhile back there was a good discussion on fructose and it seems that < 100 gram fructose a day seems relatively safe for most people, maybe < 50 if you have lots of problems.

This is my current strategy. We'll see how it goes. I definitely feel more energy when I have increased my glucose relative to my fructose, which implies to me that is healthier than what I was doing. And yes, starch too, as long as it is good sources. Although tonight I'm desperate for glucose so I'm kinda cheating and going for brown rice that is unsprouted. I will make sure to beg forgiveness from RP for my sin later this evening.

I second the advice from Nate hatch, but honestly his tips haven't been helping me, and I think because of the excess fructose. So, the tips will only work if you fix whatever is causing the problems alongside it otherwise it's like trying to drain the tub while filling it up faster than you're draining it.

I believe that a fructose intolerance is diagnostic of SIBO so avoiding it or limiting it would not really do anything to fix it but would be more of a confirmation than cure. Starches are absorbed almost instantly so they avoid the disbyosis altogether but you could argue that this is bad.

I believe that a fructose intolerance is diagnostic of SIBO so avoiding it or limiting it would not really do anything to fix it but would be more of a confirmation than cure. Starches are absorbed almost instantly so they avoid the disbyosis altogether but you could argue that this is bad.

Starches are not absorbed almost instantly.

OP
M

Motif

Could bad digestion be the main cause for most who suffer from Sibo ?

Starches are not absorbed almost instantly.

I was thinking of this quote from Ray Peat when I said that.

“In an old experiment, a rat was tube-fed ten grams of corn-starch paste, and then anesthetized. Ten minutes after the massive tube feeding, the professor told the students to find how far the starch had moved along the alimentary canal. No trace of the white paste could be found, demonstrating the speed with which starch can be digested and absorbed. The very rapid rise of blood sugar stimulates massive release of insulin, and rapidly converts much of the carbohydrate into fat.”

This just seemed like a reasonable explanation as to why people with gut issues may have a harder time with sugars vs starches. My argument was that this may feel better initially because you are by-passing the gut but may not be healthy. But this may only apply to highly ground fine starches. I don't know.

OP
M

Motif

My skin is so much better.
Let's see if I can improve it even more.
I just don't get it why it's working now and last year when I tried all that herbs and Rifaximin it did nothing

Although Sibo and Fodmap sensitivity are interrelated, I am also thinking that they may be two different things. For example, I personally only have problems when I eat high Fodmap foods, however, other people are constantly bloated. I am thinking the constantly bloated people are the ones that perhaps are suffering from SIBO or parasites as the main cause. I am thinking my personal problem is due to a lack of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine stimulates the vagus nerve and aids in digestion. Also, if you have constipation problems, I think that may be indicative of low serotonin. (If you have diarrhea, then that may mean too much serotonin). My issues appeared when I stopped my 15 year excessive use of nicotine gum. Nicotine stimulates neurotransmitters. Also, I believe hypothyroidism is a factor. Many people have stated their stomach issues started after they started taking thyroid medicine. I am also thinking a lack of iodine may be an issue. Iodine is needed to create stomach acid and stomach acid keeps bacteria at bay. On a side note, I am on team 'Vitamin A is a toxin not a nutrient' I have just started a low Vitamin A diet. (If you don't know what I am referring to, you can read the free ebooks on this website Ideas, Concepts, and Observations On a side note, this creator of this website believes Vitamin A is the cause of autoimmune diseases. Is Gilbert's disease an autoimmune disease?)

OP
M

Motif

Thanks guys.
@bk_

What symptoms disappeared and how long did you have them ?

Btw. My face is better , but unfortunately not my scalp. Let's see where this goes.

bk_

I think i took 1g of berberine 2x daily along with 1 or 2 teaspoons of manuka honey 2x daily on an empty stomach. I also stopped probiotics and all fermented foods which were only making things much worse. Symptoms were instant explosive diarreah if i ate anything with sugar even fruit. I also had acne and very bad eczema flare up. Took 3-4 weeks for symptoms to disappear.

Recently i took a high dose amoxycillin for an infection and my digestion was all screwed up. I took some of my probiotics for a few days and after things were normal again i stopped and havent touched them since, now i can focus, concentrate, and sleep much better than before the amoxycillin.

I blame probiotic (ab)use. Dont take probiotics with “prebiotics” or food and dont take them nonstop for a long time, thats asking for SIBO.

Be aware that Ray Peat is of the opinion that we should avoid probiotics and fermented products altogether since many strains produce histamine and d-lactic acid and studies with rats show that more sterile guts have greater longevity.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

I think i took 1g of berberine 2x daily along with 1 or 2 teaspoons of manuka honey 2x daily on an empty stomach. I also stopped probiotics and all fermented foods which were only making things much worse. Symptoms were instant explosive diarreah if i ate anything with sugar even fruit. I also had acne and very bad eczema flare up. Took 3-4 weeks for symptoms to disappear.

Recently i took a high dose amoxycillin for an infection and my digestion was all screwed up. I took some of my probiotics for a few days and after things were normal again i stopped and havent touched them since, now i can focus, concentrate, and sleep much better than before the amoxycillin.

I blame probiotic (ab)use. Dont take probiotics with “prebiotics” or food and dont take them nonstop for a long time, thats asking for SIBO.

Be aware that Ray Peat is of the opinion that we should avoid probiotics and fermented products altogether since many strains produce histamine and d-lactic acid and studies with rats show that more sterile guts have greater longevity.

That's awesome!

nad

they are likely to result in endotoxins:
raw veggies (other than carrot)
brown rice
whole wheat bread
for some, any bread or grain-containing foods
beans

endotoxin containing foods include ground beef, probably cured meats.

Why ground beef? Even grass fed?

I was thinking of this quote from Ray Peat when I said that.

“In an old experiment, a rat was tube-fed ten grams of corn-starch paste, and then anesthetized. Ten minutes after the massive tube feeding, the professor told the students to find how far the starch had moved along the alimentary canal. No trace of the white paste could be found, demonstrating the speed with which starch can be digested and absorbed. The very rapid rise of blood sugar stimulates massive release of insulin, and rapidly converts much of the carbohydrate into fat.”

This just seemed like a reasonable explanation as to why people with gut issues may have a harder time with sugars vs starches. My argument was that this may feel better initially because you are by-passing the gut but may not be healthy. But this may only apply to highly ground fine starches. I don't know.

RP said starches are OK if they very well cooked. And the corn-starch paste probably was uncooked at all.
?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals