Anybody heard of TRE (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises)?

TheCalciumCad

blown away...almost brings tears to my eyes because of how healing it can be for everyone....
I remember when I started using TRE a few years ago, my first ever session I started laughing for about 5mins while I was doing it. Not just the lower negative emotions we suppress! I do it rarely now but its def a great tool when needed.

Peater

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9qUItmzwo

blown away...almost brings tears to my eyes because of how healing it can be for everyone....

Wow that's quite a reaction. I've had the book for ages and forgot to use it. I did it earlier today (7 steps) and got plenty of shaking, but only in my legs. Interesting he mentioned a blockage. The book didn't mention all over body shaking.

Beastmode

I started this a few years ago. I was doing it weekly for a few months then 1-2 times every 6 months it seems.

The first time was the most transformational. An old trauma from 35+ years ago came up, the only one that has in any of the TRE sessions, and it was like it completely left my body. I had the memory of it, as if it was happening in that moment, then it was gone. Gone meaning I can have the memory without any trigger or coping around it.

The rest of the sessions have been more of nice neurological down-regulation from whatever stress, possibly some old traumas I'm sure, and just overall muscle tightness that might be present.

Highly recommend it to anyone. Definitely set a timer for 10-15 min, at most, as I probably overdid it the first few times and many people might get overloaded by doing it too long.

Peater

I started this a few years ago. I was doing it weekly for a few months then 1-2 times every 6 months it seems.

The first time was the most transformational. An old trauma from 35+ years ago came up, the only one that has in any of the TRE sessions, and it was like it completely left my body. I had the memory of it, as if it was happening in that moment, then it was gone. Gone meaning I can have the memory without any trigger or coping around it.

The rest of the sessions have been more of nice neurological down-regulation from whatever stress, possibly some old traumas I'm sure, and just overall muscle tightness that might be present.

Highly recommend it to anyone. Definitely set a timer for 10-15 min, at most, as I probably overdid it the first few times and many people might get overloaded by doing it too long.
Thanks for posting your experiences with it!

Peater

Another session of 'shaking' :smile: Not much to report, I tried not to focus or force any thoughts into my head and just let the shaking carry on...it seems it could go on indefinitely but I stopped at the recommended 15 mins,

bookshelf

Another session of 'shaking' :smile: Not much to report, I tried not to focus or force any thoughts into my head and just let the shaking carry on...it seems it could go on indefinitely but I stopped at the recommended 15 mins,
What is your favorite instructional video for doing this?

Does anyone get sore from this? I have visions of being so sore the next day...I hope that's not the case!

Is it ok to do before bedtime or is it too stimulating?

Peater

What is your favorite instructional video for doing this?

Does anyone get sore from this? I have visions of being so sore the next day...I hope that's not the case!

Is it ok to do before bedtime or is it too stimulating?

I need to get back into it. I just used the Kindle book by David, it's all quite well explained and straightforward. You might be a bit sore but come on, it's not the end of the world.

I've done it in the late evening and slept just fine.

bookshelf

I need to get back into it. I just used the Kindle book by David, it's all quite well explained and straightforward. You might be a bit sore but come on, it's not the end of the world.

I've done it in the late evening and slept just fine.
No, soreness isn't the end of the world for most (including me - most of the time) but, it's always nice to know what to expect - especially after one hits a certain age bracket and/or has a lot on their plate already.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals