Anybody heard of TRE (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises)?

S-VV

Trauma release / somatic experiencing is a big part of whats missing in Rays framework imo

cgh4444

It is a good system. It’s like the “gateway drug” to what bodywork /breathwork can do for someone. The shaking is mostly pleasurable and will make you quickly realize how much in your head you likely are, as well as start to bring awareness to how every part of the body and nervous system are connected . Thought/emotions/memories/tension//all linked in an intimate manner. Posture /movement/every twitch of your body is sending a message.
Things you were never taught in school.

It can only take a person so far, of course depending upon what ones goals are it may be all someone needs, but it begins to reveal a depth of experience that has been stolen /hidden from you.

OP
R

ReSTART

@cgh4444 when you say breathwork, are you referring to something specifically?

I've been doing bag breathing and trying not to unconsciously hyperventilate, and want to start doing proper buteyko soon. I sometimes unconsciously hyperventilate when I'm stressed and not paying attention to my breathing.

cgh4444

@cgh4444 when you say breathwork, are you referring to something specifically?

I've been doing bag breathing and trying not to unconsciously hyperventilate, and want to start doing proper buteyko soon. I sometimes unconsciously hyperventilate when I'm stressed and not paying attention to my breathing.

yeah not bag breathing. I’m speaking more of reichian style breathing along with a myriad of bodywork exercises.
Yes it’s very common to be totally breathing in a hyperventilating/shallow way using mainly the chest. This has obvious detrimental impacts and affects every part of a persons life.

crazy to realize in a culture that thinks it knows almost everything , we have totally managed to mess up and ignore the most basic and important of things- breathing.

Inaut

Thanks for sharing. Just curious what people think of "belly button healing" and it's effects on trauma and gut health..? I think the navel is not understood nor appreciated the way it should be.... I think its a spiritual center that we should explore more and holds the key to overcoming much trauma based patterns in the psyche. Vitamin d application/pechoti method opened my eyes up to this perception and was wondering if anybody else can speak to its effectiveness (or lack there of).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5FfB6Were0

ChelseaQ

I have been doing TRE for several months. It definitely helps release patterns of tension in my neck/shoulders and lower back. I actually just called a local TRE practitioner here in Anchorage today! I just want some guidance and support in going further into stored trauma.

YourUniverse

I started TRE last week. I like it. I wonder if simply keeping the hip flexors/psoas strong can reap a lot of the benefits. The results feel similar to deep squats, or at least breathing in a deep squat with a barbell on the back for additional stretch

Aspekt

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJL-13Dbk2Y

I just did this and experienced massive tremors! The movement is fascinating.

That's great! I'm excited for more people to try this because it's such a self validating experience. You only have to experience it once to understand there's something very interesting happening here. It's unlike any other form of exercise, meditation or ritual. Truly remarkable.

We talked about TRE in another thread recently How To Relax Abdominal Muscles Tensed Up By Stress?

Inaut

That's great! I'm excited for more people to try this because it's such a self validating experience. You only have to experience it once to understand there's something very interesting happening here. It's unlike any other form of exercise, meditation or ritual. Truly remarkable.

We talked about TRE in another thread recently How To Relax Abdominal Muscles Tensed Up By Stress?
life changing :) :) :) :) :) :)

Daft

Was just about to ask if any exploration for the scientific basis to this, the biological explanation, investigated in a robust way, exists, because I so often see and hear about it but part of me always thinks how do people speak with so much certainty about what is going on or what it actually is? I often find people just repeat what they've been told about it, or infer from their own experience, but that isn't sufficient for me to make certain conclusions.

Turns out it's still an open question, at least in scientific literature, which is exciting.

I found this: Tension and trauma releasing exercises for people with multiple sclerosis – An exploratory pilot study

Tension and trauma releasing exercises for people with multiple sclerosis – An exploratory pilot study​

TRE is a self-help method which can be practiced at home once
the method has been learned. TRE consists of seven stretching
exercises designed to activate and exhaust the thigh flexor muscles,
which can ultimately induce spontaneous neuromuscular tremors
or shaking of the body. Six of the seven exercises are performed in a
standing position while the final exercise is carried out lying flat on
the back with the feet together, knees bent out and downward
towards the floor. The tremors are induced while lying in this po-
sition.8 The exact mechanisms of action of TRE have not been
scientifically demonstrated, but it is believed that the neuromus-
cular tremors release deep-rooted muscular tension and that it
regulates the nervous system so that a state of relaxation and calm
is obtained.6

ironfist

What makes this work? Tremors? Any posture you hold for a little will give you tremors. How does this do anything? I'm seriously asking.

Hold plank for a while and you'll be tremoring like a mofo. What's the difference between that and this frog position?

toolhead

What makes this work? Tremors? Any posture you hold for a little will give you tremors. How does this do anything? I'm seriously asking.

Hold plank for a while and you'll be tremoring like a mofo. What's the difference between that and this frog position?
As I understand it the tremors from something like a plank are purely muscle fatigue.

The tremoring modality seems to aim at bypassing the muscle and putting the focus on “confusing” or “overloading” the nervous system and giving it free reign to “shake things out”

I’m not an expert.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals