Anybody familiar with the new aspirin called Vazalore?

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
There is a new form of OTC aspirin about to hit the shelves in Walmart, called Vazalore. "VAZALORE is the first and only FDA approved, liquid-filled aspirin capsule with a unique mechanism of lipid encapsulated delivery, PLxGuard." It is supposed to be more easily assimilated than enteric-coated aspirin, and has "significant potential in platelet inhibition".

Good news? Or risky?

OP
JudiBlueHen

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Yes I'm curious about those too. The company issuing this recently (March 2021) FDA-approved product is called PLx Pharma and this is apparently their first approved product. It will launch in August at Walmart, soon to be followed by CVS, etc.

It claims a "unique mechanism of lipid encapsulated delivery, PLxGuard" that is pH-dependent. No idea what that really is. Their website has very little information; only the absorption study of the aspirin which shows it absorbs about as much as uncoated aspirin but solely in the duodenum. The incredible part is that if the duodenum regurgitates back up into the stomach, the lipid covering magically reconstitutes and protects the stomach from the aspirin. It also claims "complete antiplatelet effect (≥99% inhibition of TXB2 generation)"

https://plxpharma.com/vazalore/

Rick K

the lipid covering magically reconstitutes and protects the stomach from the aspirin
That sounds like a neat trick. I'm going to take a hard look at this. Ever since the inclusion of "lipids" in the vax I am suspect of anything out of the pharma sweatshops.

OP
JudiBlueHen

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
That sounds like a neat trick. I'm going to take a hard look at this. Ever since the inclusion of "lipids" in the vax I am suspect of anything out of the pharma sweatshops.
Plus the stock of this fairly new company PLXP (this is their first approved drug) is being pushed.

TheCedar1

Plus the stock of this fairly new company PLXP (this is their first approved drug) is being pushed.
Its better not to touch it then, even if its approved by the FDA, a new company launching a lipid containing aspirin derivative sound sketchy enough

Maybe its the FDA's way of preventing people from getting hands on pure aspirin, ever since research showed that aspirin reduces mortality risk from covid, this might be another government plan

Grapelander

They mention 3 patents - I will look at these later - here they are:

Here is a list of US-issued patents that cover VAZALORE™ 325 mg and 81 mg products. These patents include composition of matter, methods of use, and methods to make: 10646431 10786444 8911752

Attachments

• US10646431.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 6
  • US10786444.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 5
  • US8911752.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 3

cjm

I finally tried some. It works, but it's dumb expensive, about $1 per each 81mg capsule.

Corn starch aspirin tablets in hot water is just as effective.

OP
JudiBlueHen

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So I can just take my cheap aspirin with a little fat and get similar protection against bleeding?

cjm

So I can just take my cheap aspirin with a little fat and get similar protection against bleeding?

After poring over the patent documents with a layman's eye, my short answer is yes.

The incredible part is that if the duodenum regurgitates back up into the stomach, the lipid covering magically reconstitutes and protects the stomach from the aspirin.

The magic of pH? Aspirin conjugated with a free fatty acid? that naturally stabilizes (stops ionizing) at a higher pH. The patent is vague about how the ingredients of Vazalore are combined.

Aspirin has been studied as a conjugate of vitamin C: Conjugation of aspirin with vitamin C: uptake and stability studies

Does it mix with MCT oil? Actually, yes?

STABLE ASPIRIN-CONTAINING PREPARATIONS FOR EXTERNAL USE

"The stabilizing agents of the present invention are selected from substances having ability to dissolve Aspirin, too and for example, an ester of an organic acid having 2 to 20 carbon atoms, a glycerol fatty acid ester, silicon oil, hydrocarbon oil and crotamiton are used, and in general one substance or more selected from them are used. [0014] Examples of the organic acids of esters of organic acids having 2 to 20 carbon atoms are myristic acid, lauric acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, caprylic acid, isooctanoic acid, stearic acid, isostearic acid, acetic acid, propionic acid, isopalmitic acid, undecylic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, adipic acid, salicylic acid, benzoic acid, lactic acid, caproic acid, eicosanic acid, etc., preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, isooctanoic acid, isostearic acid and adipic acid, more preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid and adipic acid. Examples of the 5 esters of the organic acids are esters with an aliphatic monoalcohol, such as methyl ester, ethyl ester, propyl ester, isopropyl ester, butyl ester, hexyl ester, octyl ester, decyl ester, cetyl ester, isocetyl ester, stearyl ester, isostearyl ester, oleyl ester, etc. [0015] Examples of the glycerol fatty acid esters are a plant oil, such as soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, olive oil, camellia oil, corn oil, coconuts oil, etc., an animal oil, such as whale oil, lard, beef tallow, lever oil, etc., triacetin(glycerol 10 triacetate), a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride, glycerol triisooctanoate, etc., preferably soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, triacetin, a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride and glycerol triisooctanoate, more preferably soy bean oil, almond oil and a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride. [0016] Examples of the hydrocarbon oils are liquid paraffin, squalane, squalene, etc., preferably liquid paraffin and squalane. 15 [001 7] The stabilizing agents of the present invention do not only stabilize Aspirin, but also dissolve Aspirin. Therefore, in mixing the stabilizing agent in external preparations, it has enhancing effect of absorption of Aspirin from skin and it is very preferable."

Last edited:

joaquin

Doesn't aspirin work against Vitamin K? If that is the case, Vitamin K protects again calcification of the arteries and pineal gland. Wouldn't prolong aspirin use lead to calcification?

cjm

Doesn't aspirin work against Vitamin K? If that is the case, Vitamin K protects again calcification of the arteries and pineal gland. Wouldn't prolong aspirin use lead to calcification?

Idk man, I was just trying to figure out how Vazalore worked.

Aspirin "works against" estrogen primarily:

"So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways."

It would be an interesting experiment to continue giving aspirin during a vitamin K deficiency.

My guess is "calcification" is the least of your worries and you're probably avoiding the sharp corners in your house so you don't brush up against one and bleed out.

Or like, you have cancer and want the pain to go away:

"When people with cancer ask for my recommendations, they usually think I'm joking when I tell them to use aspirin, and very often they don't take it, on the basis of what seems to be a very strong cultural prejudice. Several years ago, a woman whose doctors said it would be impossible to operate on her extremely painful "inflammatory breast cancer," had overnight complete relief of the pain and swelling from taking a few aspirins."

Last edited:

cjm

This has definitely been my experience.

I've resorted to aspirin for money reasons, i.e., not having any.

I'm glad I took the Vazalore because it convinced me plain, cheap, generic aspirin in tablet form has no disadvantages (especially when dissolved in hot water) compared with the magic of magic lipids.

You know Vazalore has carrageenan in it? I don't know why... but wow, dang.

Lollipop2

I've resorted to aspirin for money reasons, i.e., not having any.

I'm glad I took the Vazalore because it convinced me plain, cheap, generic aspirin in tablet form has no disadvantages (especially when dissolved in hot water) compared with the magic of magic lipids.

You know Vazalore has carrageenan in it? I don't know why... but wow, dang.
Crazy to have carrageenan!!! Hey you know I take the Geri Care aspirin that just has corn starch and I do not dissolve it BUT take it with 6-8 ounces of Whole milk and it works fabulously - no stomach problems at all :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals