Any type of body movement or stimulation knocks me out...

Unknownuser

In 2012 I had a full brake down after 3 months of chronic stress. Ever since my life became hell. Heavy mental issues. Heavy food intolerance etc. After a long time I figured out it's histamine intolerance and mast cell activation syndrome. But eating low histamine did and still do not improve me much. As long as I dont do anything that exhause me, I am ok ish. Like 40% of what I was before. But any type of body movement kills me for a week.

First time I realized that was back in 2012 after that brake down. I played basketball with a friend for 10 minutes. After that I felt like I need to go to the hospital. It took me full 2 weeks to recover from that. But I did not make the connection fully that time. So I was hitting the gym 3 times a week. But was living like a death person. Hardly made it to the gym, do my workout, go home and sleep 2 days. İt's said gym is health so I believe and followed that. I did that until about 2018 where I had to stop the gym because of some emotional ***t was going on. I felt very good 2 months after stopping. My mental health got much better. I felt a connection to my self again. So I realized, every time I hit the gym or do something that exhaust me (even driving bicycle for 10 min) kills me for a week. I get heavy anxiety, disconnection from my self, heavy feelings of shame, heavy brain fog, no memory, extreme fatigue etc.

The interesting thing is, also massages kill me. Yesterday I had a 1 hr massage. And I feel like death today. I can barely walk. My brain has pretty much no function. I feel like I am going to die. Lots of anxiety and shame. Zero energy. This poisoned feeling under my eyes.

Doctors never could help me. So I made the connection that I might have adrenal fatigue. I am not able to test for it where I currently am. At first dhea and pregnenolone were a big game changer for me. Take them 15 months now. But after about 8 months they stopped working. I tried Hydrocortisone couple times and it helps me A LOT! I take about 10-15mg. But I am too afraid of taking it daily because I read it's harmful long term.

In 2012 I had I guess a pancreas inflammation. Ever since I have to take digestive enzymes. But they do not work properly. So what makes me also think I have adrenal issues is, my body cant digest fats. Even with enzymes. So I might have low cholesterol? I still did not check for it.

Another thing I have since 2012 is constant yawning through the day. Like yawning every minute for 30 minutes. Then it stops. And comes back after 1-2 hrs. for 30 min. again. That was gone while dhea and pregnenolone were working. But came back fully now. I think my body is missing energy and does not get enough oxygen? Also I guess liver is overloaded with all the histamine and toxins?

Any ideas what could be going on here? And what I could do?

I tried almost all supplements on the planet. I tried many diets. Gluten free. Histamine free. Low Fodmap. Elemental diet for 13 days. Candida detox. I tried antibiotics. I tried deworming. I tried oregano oil. I tried Zeolith. Take tons of Vitamine C and Quercetine for histamine issues. I inject B12 weekly. I started TRT 8 weeks ago without improvements so far. I tried HCG to restart downstream hormones. I tried so so much but the problem stays. A little bit of exhaustion (even cleaning my home) and I am ****88 for a long time.

I asked this in many groups and communities. Get always the basic answers. Try gluten free. Try dairy free. Heal your leaky gut. Try this diet. Try this Vitamine and supplement.

Explorer

Sounds like Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have you tried out Niacinamide?

Quelsatron

Did you check your vitamin D levels? adequate vitamin D surpresses histamine, as well as acts anti stress, anti fatigue, probably even anti adrenal fatigue since it can sententize the body to the stress hormones in a healthy way. Being out in the sun or even being tanned is no real guarantee that you're adequate either, to be sure you have to check the blood levels of 25 hydroxy colecalciferol

mostlylurking

In 2012 I had a full brake down after 3 months of chronic stress. Ever since my life became hell. Heavy mental issues. Heavy food intolerance etc. After a long time I figured out it's histamine intolerance and mast cell activation syndrome. But eating low histamine did and still do not improve me much. As long as I dont do anything that exhause me, I am ok ish. Like 40% of what I was before. But any type of body movement kills me for a week.

First time I realized that was back in 2012 after that brake down. I played basketball with a friend for 10 minutes. After that I felt like I need to go to the hospital. It took me full 2 weeks to recover from that. But I did not make the connection fully that time. So I was hitting the gym 3 times a week. But was living like a death person. Hardly made it to the gym, do my workout, go home and sleep 2 days. İt's said gym is health so I believe and followed that. I did that until about 2018 where I had to stop the gym because of some emotional ***t was going on. I felt very good 2 months after stopping. My mental health got much better. I felt a connection to my self again. So I realized, every time I hit the gym or do something that exhaust me (even driving bicycle for 10 min) kills me for a week. I get heavy anxiety, disconnection from my self, heavy feelings of shame, heavy brain fog, no memory, extreme fatigue etc.

The interesting thing is, also massages kill me. Yesterday I had a 1 hr massage. And I feel like death today. I can barely walk. My brain has pretty much no function. I feel like I am going to die. Lots of anxiety and shame. Zero energy. This poisoned feeling under my eyes.

Doctors never could help me. So I made the connection that I might have adrenal fatigue. I am not able to test for it where I currently am. At first dhea and pregnenolone were a big game changer for me. Take them 15 months now. But after about 8 months they stopped working. I tried Hydrocortisone couple times and it helps me A LOT! I take about 10-15mg. But I am too afraid of taking it daily because I read it's harmful long term.

In 2012 I had I guess a pancreas inflammation. Ever since I have to take digestive enzymes. But they do not work properly. So what makes me also think I have adrenal issues is, my body cant digest fats. Even with enzymes. So I might have low cholesterol? I still did not check for it.

Another thing I have since 2012 is constant yawning through the day. Like yawning every minute for 30 minutes. Then it stops. And comes back after 1-2 hrs. for 30 min. again. That was gone while dhea and pregnenolone were working. But came back fully now. I think my body is missing energy and does not get enough oxygen? Also I guess liver is overloaded with all the histamine and toxins?

Any ideas what could be going on here? And what I could do?

I tried almost all supplements on the planet. I tried many diets. Gluten free. Histamine free. Low Fodmap. Elemental diet for 13 days. Candida detox. I tried antibiotics. I tried deworming. I tried oregano oil. I tried Zeolith. Take tons of Vitamine C and Quercetine for histamine issues. I inject B12 weekly. I started TRT 8 weeks ago without improvements so far. I tried HCG to restart downstream hormones. I tried so so much but the problem stays. A little bit of exhaustion (even cleaning my home) and I am ****88 for a long time.

I asked this in many groups and communities. Get always the basic answers. Try gluten free. Try dairy free. Heal your leaky gut. Try this diet. Try this Vitamine and supplement.
You are describing long term thiamine deficiency or thiamine blockage. Thiamine deficiency causes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Read this article:

The description of the symptoms you are experiencing are very familiar to me. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1994. I've lived with all over chronic pain and exhaustion for a very long time. The Alcat food sensitivity test showed that I was almost universally reactive to foods and environmental toxins. I'm no longer like that. I have followed Ray Peat's diet advice for six years and it has helped me a lot. I also got my natural desiccated thyroid medication optimized by my very knowledgeable 84 year old endocrinologist.

However, I got an additional whammy last summer when I took several antibiotics for a bladder infection, including Bactrim which just slammed me.

When I found this article I understood what was happening to me and I got serious about supplementing thiamine. I stuck with thiamine HCL because the TTFD gave me a headache. Over the past 4 months, I've worked up to 2 grams/day. It has made a huge difference in my life.

This Youtube channel has very good videos about thiamine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ/videos

This one explains about dealing with possible side effects of taking thiamine:

another article: Thiamine, Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain

Last edited:

Vileplume

You are describing long term thiamine deficiency or thiamine blockage. Thiamine deficiency causes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Read this article:

The description of the symptoms you are experiencing are very familiar to me. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1994. I've lived with all over chronic pain and exhaustion for a very long time. The Alcat food sensitivity test showed that I was almost universally reactive to foods and environmental toxins. I'm no longer like that. I have followed Ray Peat's diet advice for six years and it has helped me a lot. I also got my natural desiccated thyroid medication optimized by my very knowledgeable 84 year old endocrinologist.

However, I got an additional whammy last summer when I took several antibiotics for a bladder infection, including Bactrim which just slammed me.

When I found this article I understood what was happening to me and I got serious about supplementing thiamine. I stuck with thiamine HCL because the TTFD gave me a headache. Over the past 4 months, I've worked up to 2 grams/day. It has made a huge difference in my life.

This Youtube channel has very good videos about thiamine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ/videos

Have you ever had stomach discomfort, or bloating from thiamine hcl? I tried 1000 mg yesterday, for my tachycardia, and helped immensely, but it gave me really uncomfortable bloating. I’m using thiamine HCL from bulk supplements.

mostlylurking

Have you ever had stomach discomfort, or bloating from thiamine hcl? I tried 1000 mg yesterday, for my tachycardia, and helped immensely, but it gave me really uncomfortable bloating. I’m using thiamine HCL from bulk supplements.
I have not experienced that symptom. Are you supplementing with magnesium and potassium? I'm using orange juice for the potassium. Supplementing with a large amount of thiamine HCL has really improved my digestion. It took two days at 2 grams a day for me to experience MAJOR improvement in my digestion.

There could be a period of adjustment? or a lack of the nutrients needed to utilize a large amount of thiamine?

Vileplume

I have not experienced that symptom. Are you supplementing with magnesium and potassium? I'm using orange juice for the potassium. Supplementing with a large amount of thiamine HCL has really improved my digestion. It took two days at 2 grams a day for me to experience MAJOR improvement in my digestion.

There could be a period of adjustment? or a lack of the nutrients needed to utilize a large amount of thiamine?
I am using both magnesium and potassium — magnesium supps and plenty of OJ. I’m going to stick with the thiamine hcl and hope the bloating goes away, and otherwise I’ll look for a different thiamine product. It definitely seems to be helping my adrenaline issues.

mostlylurking

I am using both magnesium and potassium — magnesium supps and plenty of OJ. I’m going to stick with the thiamine hcl and hope the bloating goes away, and otherwise I’ll look for a different thiamine product. It definitely seems to be helping my adrenaline issues.
It will help with a lot of things. It's important to be consistent. Dr. Costantini recommends taking the dose broken in half, once in the morning and once before 3:00pm. He focused mainly on helping people with Parkinson's and using thiamine hcl, but his protocol can be extrapolated to dealing with other conditions. HDT Therapy
also link to his papers: Published Study Articles
and his FAQs: FAQ

OP
U

Unknownuser

Sounds like Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have you tried out Niacinamide?

Not directly. For a week or so I took a high dosed form of active B-vitamins but a genetic test showed I should not take methyl donors. I still take it maybe once every 2 weeks. But feel like it gives me migraines sometimes. I also have pure niacineamide here but am worried because my migraines get pretty heavy sometimes and B vitamines triggered them quite often.

Did you check your vitamin D levels? adequate vitamin D surpresses histamine, as well as acts anti stress, anti fatigue, probably even anti adrenal fatigue since it can sententize the body to the stress hormones in a healthy way. Being out in the sun or even being tanned is no real guarantee that you're adequate either, to be sure you have to check the blood levels of 25 hydroxy colecalciferol
Vitamin D levels should be fine. They were fine in every test so far. But also I am living in a sunny place and get almost 300 days of sunshine on my skin.

OP
U

Unknownuser

Read this article:

Thats very interesting! I am experimenting with Vitamin B1 for the last 6 weeks. For 4+ years I have had chronic migraines. At least 1-2 a week. And background headaches non stop. I started injecting about 50mg B1 once a week about 6 weeks ago. And so far I only had one migraine that lasted short term for maybe 12 hrs.

The interesting thing is, seconds after injecting B1 I feel like all my nerves and muscles relax incredibly. I feel like having an 2 hrs orgasm. I developed bruxism since 2012. I developed very bad mental issues. Due to the pancreas insufficiency I think I have malabsorption. So all my vitamine deficiencies could come from that and they developed slowly over time.

Its been said that Thiamine is a big problem with Histamine intolerance. So I am worried to take higher doses. 2 grams a day is a very high dose. I will look into what you linked to. What do you think about this Thiamine? Its difficult to find supplements here in Turkey. As an alternative we have 100mg of HCL.

I got diagnosed with HPU wich is similar to KPU. When I started taking my P5P and Manganese (cant take Zinc because I have Post Finasteride Syndrome and Zinc also blocks 5ar2) most of my symptoms were gone after 1-2 months. I felt AMAZING. That was back in 2019. Unfortunately about 6 months ago I felt back into the old symptoms and p5p and manganese seem like to not work anymore. Maybe I am deficient in other B-Vitamins.

mostlylurking

Thats very interesting! I am experimenting with Vitamin B1 for the last 6 weeks. For 4+ years I have had chronic migraines. At least 1-2 a week. And background headaches non stop. I started injecting about 50mg B1 once a week about 6 weeks ago. And so far I only had one migraine that lasted short term for maybe 12 hrs.

The interesting thing is, seconds after injecting B1 I feel like all my nerves and muscles relax incredibly. I feel like having an 2 hrs orgasm. I developed bruxism since 2012. I developed very bad mental issues. Due to the pancreas insufficiency I think I have malabsorption. So all my vitamine deficiencies could come from that and they developed slowly over time.

Its been said that Thiamine is a big problem with Histamine intolerance. So I am worried to take higher doses. 2 grams a day is a very high dose. I will look into what you linked to. What do you think about this Thiamine? Its difficult to find supplements here in Turkey. As an alternative we have 100mg of HCL.

I got diagnosed with HPU wich is similar to KPU. When I started taking my P5P and Manganese (cant take Zinc because I have Post Finasteride Syndrome and Zinc also blocks 5ar2) most of my symptoms were gone after 1-2 months. I felt AMAZING. That was back in 2019. Unfortunately about 6 months ago I felt back into the old symptoms and p5p and manganese seem like to not work anymore. Maybe I am deficient in other B-Vitamins.
It is possible the thiamine deficiency is causing most of your problems. I had malabsorption problems which seems to have cleared up now that I am taking a high dose of thiamine. The pancreas needs thiamine.

I looked at the Solgar brand of thiamine hcl; it has a lot of iffy additional things in it that I would prefer to avoid. I like the pure powder sold here: Thiamine HCl (Vitamin B1) and here: Thiamine HCl (Vitamin B1) Maybe one of these could be shipped to you?

I've never used the mononitrate type of thiamine. I think I read that it is not as bioavailable as the HCL type of thiamine, but I really do not remember if that's right or where I read it.

Start with this one: as it may address some of the issues you mention (histamine, methylation).

OP
U

Unknownuser

But how can it be explained that a massage causes so much fatigue and brain fog? I almost slept 3 days through now and finally feel a bit better.

Today I bought an combo pharma product called benexol B12 that contains 250mg Thiamine HCL. Also took an B Complex with 50mg Thiamine HCL. No side effects so far. But just like with the injections, I felt a nerve relief after taking 250mg Thiamine. Like all my body is relaxing.

Igorevich

But how can it be explained that a massage causes so much fatigue and brain fog? I almost slept 3 days through now and finally feel a bit better.

Today I bought an combo pharma product called benexol B12 that contains 250mg Thiamine HCL. Also took an B Complex with 50mg Thiamine HCL. No side effects so far. But just like with the injections, I felt a nerve relief after taking 250mg Thiamine. Like all my body is relaxing.
Hey! How is your progress so far?

Igorevich

I'm sorry to hear it. I have similar symptoms. Fatigued and brain fogged most of the time, but every little stimulation sends me to many hours of exhausting overwhelmed state.

OP
U

Unknownuser

I'm sorry to hear it. I have similar symptoms. Fatigued and brain fogged most of the time, but every little stimulation sends me to many hours of exhausting overwhelmed state.
Sorry to hear that man. You had some mercury fillings? I got 14 of them removed 12 years ago. That's when the nightmare started. I do detoxing with dmps chelating for 10+ years but without progress.

I worked on my new apartment on sunday. Just some smaller work on the walls and cleaned it. Yesterday I thought I am gonna die. I yawned through all the day. Zero brain function.

In my dreams I dream that I am fatigued as hell and sleep even in my dreams. Waking up in the "morning" feels like a truck ran over my body all night. It's incredible to feel like this with just 39 while seeing guys with 65 on TRT posting pictures from the gym.

I am now 12 weeks on TRT and even feel worse.

Igorevich

You had some mercury fillings?
No, nothing like that. It started around the time I was malnourished and stressed. My first year of university. And it slowly progressed over the last ten years to the current almost dysfunctional state. I'm 27 by the way. I think SSRIs are related to my condition too.

Waking up in the "morning" feels like a truck ran over my body all night
Yeah, I know. I'm often waking up with the symptoms of a severe hangover despite I was not drinking for many years.

By the way, I don't think TRT will help you unless it somehow restarts your hormonal function. I heard that anecdotal reports.

I just wanted to ask you not to disappear from the forum. I have read many threads with similar symptoms, and after some time people just disappeared. I think we should stay together in that fight. We should find something not only for ourselves but for other future sufferers. I think about that when I'm desperate in the fight.

Korven

I have similar issues, can relate to the feeling of being ran over by a truck in the morning, or hungover/poisoned/toxic. From what I've researched this can be a sign of adrenal failure/HPA-dysregulation and low cortisol = poor immune response regulation. I think this is caused by untreated hypothyroidism together with crazy amounts of stress, working out, environmental toxins, lack of good nutrition and calories, infections, psychological stress, and so on. Though sometimes high and low cortisol symptoms can overlap but the cause is still the same (stress, hypothyroidism).

Have you experimented with thyroid supplementation? If your adrenals are wrecked you might need to start with super small doses as too much will cause a stress response. Over time adrenals should heal with good nutrition and thyroid support. When thyroid is working well and you supply raw materials, i.e good diet, the body should produce all the protective steroid hormones (test, DHEA, preg), and cortisol will be balanced so you don't feel crappy all the time.

I can now tolerate short walks which would have destroyed me before. And I don't wake up feeling toxic. However when I slip up and start eating ***t foods (whole grains, pasta, bread) I will regress fast. SIBO leaks out endotoxins into the bloodstream, making you feel poisoned and ruining energy metabolism. Other byproducts of bacterial fermentation such as D-lactate, ammonia can travel up to the brain and make you brain fogged. And it will also overburden liver so you become sensitive to all sorts of things, salicylates, histamines etc. I do best on a strict "Peat diet" with very little fibrous and starchy foods. Mainly animal products, fruits, and sometimes well boiled tubers/potatoes but even that is risky.

Still I'm not sure that just supplementing thyroid and milk/meat/fruit diet will fix everything. It does help an awful lot with symptoms though so it's worth it. I am currently pulsing antimicrobials/antibiotics/probiotics in hopes of resetting a dysfunctional gut microbiome - check out cfsremission.com. I want to get back in the gym and do workouts again.

Last edited:

Korven

Also I've tried pretty much all Peaty supplements. Most of them don't help or make things worse.

The only stuff that has helped me is 1. taking thyroid (natural desiccated thyroid) and 2. taking things that help reduce SIBO and modulate gut microbiome (antimicrobials, antibiotics). Improvements from thyroid are gradual and sneaks up on you over weeks and months. Mega dose fat-soluble thiamine helped with energy levels but caused other issues so wouldn't necessarily recommend.

OP
U

Unknownuser

No, nothing like that. It started around the time I was malnourished and stressed. My first year of university. And it slowly progressed over the last ten years to the current almost dysfunctional state. I'm 27 by the way. I think SSRIs are related to my condition too.

Yeah, I know. I'm often waking up with the symptoms of a severe hangover despite I was not drinking for many years.

By the way, I don't think TRT will help you unless it somehow restarts your hormonal function. I heard that anecdotal reports.

I just wanted to ask you not to disappear from the forum. I have read many threads with similar symptoms, and after some time people just disappeared. I think we should stay together in that fight. We should find something not only for ourselves but for other future sufferers. I think about that when I'm desperate in the fight.

I just wanted to mention it sounds like adrenal fatigue but Korven made the point already. I suspect that's what I have as well. Until 2012 I was pretty normal (even with mercury fillings drilled out). But then I was on vacation with a friend for 3 months. Extreme chronic stress. Alcohol every day. I think that's when my adrenals collapsed. Yes SSRI, accutane and finasteride do something similar in the body. I took accutane 25 years ago and finasteride 16 years ago. So those effed up my body as well together with mercury etc. At some point it collapsed.

I have similar issues, can relate to the feeling of being ran over by a truck in the morning, or hungover/poisoned/toxic. From what I've researched this can be a sign of adrenal failure/HPA-dysregulation and low cortisol = poor immune response regulation. I think this is caused by untreated hypothyroidism together with crazy amounts of stress, working out, environmental toxins, lack of good nutrition and calories, infections, psychological stress, and so on. Though sometimes high and low cortisol symptoms can overlap but the cause is still the same (stress, hypothyroidism).

Have you experimented with thyroid supplementation? If your adrenals are wrecked you might need to start with super small doses as too much will cause a stress response. Over time adrenals should heal with good nutrition and thyroid support. When thyroid is working well and you supply raw materials, i.e good diet, the body should produce all the protective steroid hormones (test, DHEA, preg), and cortisol will be balanced so you don't feel crappy all the time.

I can now tolerate short walks which would have destroyed me before. And I don't wake up feeling toxic. However when I slip up and start eating ***t foods (whole grains, pasta, bread) I will regress fast. SIBO leaks out endotoxins into the bloodstream, making you feel poisoned and ruining energy metabolism. Other byproducts of bacterial fermentation such as D-lactate, ammonia can travel up to the brain and make you brain fogged. And it will also overburden liver so you become sensitive to all sorts of things, salicylates, histamines etc. I do best on a strict "Peat diet" with very little fibrous and starchy foods. Mainly animal products, fruits, and sometimes well boiled tubers/potatoes but even that is risky.

Still I'm not sure that just supplementing thyroid and milk/meat/fruit diet will fix everything. It does help an awful lot with symptoms though so it's worth it. I am currently pulsing antimicrobials/antibiotics/probiotics in hopes of resetting a dysfunctional gut microbiome - check out cfsremission.com. I want to get back in the gym and do workouts again.
You are spot on with hpta axis and adrenal fatigue. That's what I am suspecting as well. I think I have that since I quit finasteride in 2005. But it got way worse in 2012.

My thyroid always comes back normal. FT3 is on top. I tried 25mcg T3 2-3 days just last week. No effect. What does wonders for me is Hydrocortisone. Just 1.5-2mg predinisolon and I feel like I could run a maraton. Brain function comes back. Full of energy. Happy feelings instead of depresion. Unfortunately I am too afraid of taking it since it can shut down adrenals. Even though these tiny doses should be fine? Until own adrenals recover. I have read that some should take Hydrocortisone for several months until own adrenals are able again to built it's own. I still was not able to do a 4 times cortisol test.

I think candida also plays a big role. It triggers histamine intolerance and mast cell activation syndrome for me. Candida stays in the body in big amount until you get rid of heavy metals. Candida has a protective function here.

Taking cortisol, dhea and pregnenolone and getting relief proves the adrenal fatigue theory for me.

Last edited: