Any Treatment For Anhedonia ?

hadra

i suffer from anhedonia since 10 years i can't live like that anymore
my symptoms are; lack of motivation, no physical pleasure (including sexual),no libido, no positive emotions, no interest
(im not depressed)

right now i'm on wellbutrin, abilify and lexapro with no results but it has been only 10 days

i'm considering lisuride
can it help ?

marsaday

Check your thyroid levels. Low thyroid can take away pleasure, and get up and go.

Rad

Hi, welcome to the forum. I don't know about this but could you give those reading a little history and maybe tell us about your body temperature and pulse first thing on waking and your pulse a short time after first eating? Instructions here, The Barnes Basal Body Temperature Test:

marsaday

i checked my thyroid level, it is fine

And what is it ?? You should have a TSH, FT4 and FT3 result, plus a thyroid antibody result. so many people have a thyroid issue, but the docs say they are ok.

OP
H

hadra

And what is it ?? You should have a TSH, FT4 and FT3 result, plus a thyroid antibody result. so many people have a thyroid issue, but the docs say they are ok.

My TSH level is : 0.96 mUI/l range 0.27 to 4.20

My total testosterone is : 6.52 ng/ml range (2.40- 8.70)

I will ask my doc about ft4 ft3 and thyroid anti body not sure he will accept but i will try

Last edited:
OP
H

hadra

Check high thyroid, caffiene, makes sure your dopamine is high and serotonin is low

Do i have high thyroid ?
How can i increase dopamine ?
I tried ritalin but it didnt solve the anhedonia

Now im trying wellbutrin but i have to wait 25days for abilify to clear my system because abilify block the effects of wellbutrin

Constatine

Get off any ssri's as it will dramatically worsen serotonin caused anhedonia, which seems to be the largest cause of anhedonia. No libido is also a symptom of serotonin excess. Try tianeptine. It is a ssre (it does the opposite of an ssri), hence it treats anhedonia, a lack of libido, and general motivation. Tianeptine has also been shown to dramatically improve brain mitochondrial health which in my opinion is the most important factor in improving mental health.

sladerunner69

Do i have high thyroid ?
How can i increase dopamine ?
I tried ritalin but it didnt solve the anhedonia

Now im trying wellbutrin but i have to wait 25days for abilify to clear my system because abilify block the effects of wellbutrin

Eh personally I eould get off the prescription drugs that influence your neurotransmitters. I dont know much about drugs because I will never take them, but I have heard that wellbutrin can help with some people. Personally I have dealt with severe anhedonia as a symptom of postfinasteride syndrome, and the things that helped me the most are increasing androgens/dht, increasing thyroid levels with either supplemental t3/t4 or what I am now doing which is simply coffee+niacinimide +aspirin and eating plenty of sugar and protein. You know the strength of your thyroid by resting pulse and temperature.

For dopamine the best thing for me has been to fix your gut health. I would start with the saple of Ray's carrot salad every day . You can add in activated charcoal with it as well as niacinimide or even methylene blue. Stay away from uncooked starches or fiberous fruits or eating too much starch in general. The gut is the primary source of serotonin and esteogen which will lower dopamine levels. Coffee will lower sorotnin and increase dopamine too as long as it isnt irritating your gut or bile production...

OP
H

hadra

Get off any ssri's as it will dramatically worsen serotonin caused anhedonia, which seems to be the largest cause of anhedonia. No libido is also a symptom of serotonin excess. Try tianeptine. It is a ssre (it does the opposite of an ssri), hence it treats anhedonia, a lack of libido, and general motivation. Tianeptine has also been shown to dramatically improve brain mitochondrial health which in my opinion is the most important factor in improving mental health.

Ok, i will use tianeptine wellbutrin and maybe ritalin

OP
H

hadra

Eh personally I eould get off the prescription drugs that influence your neurotransmitters. I dont know much about drugs because I will never take them, but I have heard that wellbutrin can help with some people. Personally I have dealt with severe anhedonia as a symptom of postfinasteride syndrome, and the things that helped me the most are increasing androgens/dht, increasing thyroid levels with either supplemental t3/t4 or what I am now doing which is simply coffee+niacinimide +aspirin and eating plenty of sugar and protein. You know the strength of your thyroid by resting pulse and temperature.

For dopamine the best thing for me has been to fix your gut health. I would start with the saple of Ray's carrot salad every day . You can add in activated charcoal with it as well as niacinimide or even methylene blue. Stay away from uncooked starches or fiberous fruits or eating too much starch in general. The gut is the primary source of serotonin and esteogen which will lower dopamine levels. Coffee will lower sorotnin and increase dopamine too as long as it isnt irritating your gut or bile production...

Thanks for the tips

I didnt take drugs for 5 years but my anhedonia still worsened with time

dont you fear losing you hair again since you stopped fina and started?

I use finasteride too but i won't stop it because it's not the cause of my anhedonia

How do you increase you androgens?

sladerunner69

Thanks for the tips

I use finasteride too but i won't stop it because it's not the cause of my anhedonia

Oh my god. You actually take fin? That IS DEFINITELY the cause of your anhedonia. Get off fin right away. Havent you read this forum at all?!?! We all have had nightmares and tragedies due to fin. It killed my libido, my ability to concentrate, my ability to feel, my ability to sleep, fin is a terrible drug, man. Get off it before you do any more damage to yourself. Fin is also not effective at treating hairloss at all. Simply supplementing taurine at 2grams a day has been shown to be more effective. Getting your thyroid function up high is usually all it takes to stop hairloss. Then you can also do other things like laser therapy, selenium shampoo, dermaneedling, topical caffiene, etc etc. There is a lot of options we have talked about on the forum.

Just get off fin, I promise it is the cause of your problems...

Queequeg

I don't know a lot about psych meds but it seems to me that if a Doctor needs three different drugs to fix one problem then he is doing something wrong. I don't think they have any idea what are the long term effects from mixing so many different psycho-active drugs. One is bad enough IMO. The Tianeptine sounds like a good choice but I would work on at least getting down to one psych drug at a time and go from there with the goal of eventually getting off of them completely. The damage from 3 drugs has got to be much worse than what we already know can be caused by just one of them.

I think also a lot of people are waiting for the right pill to come along and all will be better but things don't work like that. Behavioral changes need to be made as well. I am sure it all looks so overwhelming but just try little baby steps at a time. As just one example maybe going for a half hour walk every day and then working up to a a more challenging exercise routine. Lots of dopamine to be had from weight lifting.

Last edited:

Constatine

Thanks for the tips

Yeah my God. That's like getting your arm chopped off and then saying you passed out because of low blood sugar. Get off the fin mate. It's going to end up killing you if you don't.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals