Any tips and tricks to stay warm in the winter?

TheCalciumCad

Seems ideal (not my image)

1634491477603.png

Peater

Oxtail soup with plenty of salt is my favourite lunch when I am working on site in winter, with a strong coffee I can be in a T shirt afterwards as I get too hot.

Asya_D

Ultra warm series of HEATTECH by Uniqlo.
I buy under shirt, underpants and socks from them, it's sooo warm (Michigan here)

Marcine

If/when radiant heat is impossible due to blackouts/whatever I think layering is necessary. Wool, wool felt is best especially since wool will still keep you warm when wet. Alpaca is especially warming. I had alpaca socks in Taos and they were overkill most of the time. Down booties for cool floors. Heat is lost thru the head, so hat. Keeping your wrists warm, the Victorians in England always had those lace cuffs for that purpose keeps whole body warmer. The Japanese wear a high waisted garment to keep their abdomen warm instead of a bulky vest. Scarf or gaiter. Have you seen how you can make a radiant heater for a small space with tea candles and a clay pot on bricks, I think. And boosting your metabolic warmth of course!

DMF

Suck on some Red Korean Ginseng if you're going out of doors.
Put fire in your belly.
I take a penny size piece before my open water swims - especially at this time of year

Jing

Suck on some Red Korean Ginseng if you're going out of doors.
Put fire in your belly.
I take a penny size piece before my open water swims - especially at this time of year
What brand would you recommend? When you say suck on you mean the whole herb?

Joseph Marcello

Forum Supporter
Yes.. learn how to truly breathe fully and deeply, and make it a habit. Perhaps it will take a few weeks, but your combustion level will take a decided leap, and you're worth Factor as well.

golder

Yes.. learn how to truly breathe fully and deeply, and make it a habit. Perhaps it will take a few weeks, but your combustion level will take a decided leap, and you're worth Factor as well.
Can you point me in the right direction to any sources that help with breathing techniques etc. Thank you! :)

DMF

What brand would you recommend? When you say suck on you mean the whole herb?
I'm lucky to be near a Chinese herbalist shop on Argyle street Chicago that puts small penny/quarter sized "chips" in a small bag for $5. I don't think it's of any brand, but wherever you live, look up to see where there might be one near you.
'Not sure if she does mail order, but the place is called Vinh Hoa

Last edited:

JamesGatz

Getting a little girlfriend and sharing body heat via cuddling ... I don't know anything about this because I'm a $avage and don't do cuddling, but I hear it keeps you warm...

Surfari

I like using a hot water bottle at night, I wear cotton socks and I just need to get a toe or two on the water bottle and it's enough to take the chill off my feet. I use warm water as hot water is way too hot. Unfortunately, sometimes if I wake up, and the water's gone cold, I'll have to get up and refresh with warm water, but then I go right back to sleep.

I know Peat's recommended wool socks, but for me, they get either too hot or too tight.

magnesiumania

Last winter i went to the sauna whenever i felt cold. However im not sure its a good idea being exposed to the shedding of spike proteins from sweating jabbed people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals