Any supplement for scars on scalp?

faxmulder

Hi guys,

What would you advise for scars on scalp? I have scarring alopecia.

Maybe topical vit E or coconut oil?

What about oral supplements? I was thinking mainly about gotu kola/centella asiatica and collagen.

In particular, regarding collagen, I was wondering if it would be good or not in my situation since, if I've understood well, scars are made by collagen.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

What would you advise for scars on scalp? I have scarring alopecia.

Maybe topical vit E or coconut oil?

What about oral supplements? I was thinking mainly about gotu kola/centella asiatica and collagen.

In particular, regarding collagen, I was wondering if it would be good or not in my situation since, if I've understood well, scars are made by collagen.

Thanks!

It isn't RP recommended, but MSM is good for scars, especially if they are recent.

Fred

Vitamin D has been shown to work on keloid scars, which is a particular type of scar (i.e. won't work on every scar).

thanks man, which dosage? topical or oral route?

When I first started taking it it was capsules form, but now the purity has changed and bought a powdered form that I take in water when needed (it is a good anti-histamine too). We can never be sure of purity and contaminants so I follow it up with a glass of milk. I find milk to be a good heavy metal chelator, better than anything else I have tried. You can't overdose on MSM, so like vitamin C your body uses what it lacks and excretes the rest. I take 1 gram nowadays, but I have easily taken more when a problem arises.

OP
F

faxmulder

When I first started taking it it was capsules form, but now the purity has changed and bought a powdered form that I take in water when needed (it is a good anti-histamine too). We can never be sure of purity and contaminants so I follow it up with a glass of milk. I find milk to be a good heavy metal chelator, better than anything else I have tried. You can't overdose on MSM, so like vitamin C your body uses what it lacks and excretes the rest. I take 1 gram nowadays, but I have easily taken more when a problem arises.

thanks, I have hay fever too, so it looks great.

Thanks very interesting! It's better to take empty stomach or after meals?

For killing parasites empty stomach, for everything else i don't think it really matters. Like I said I chase mine down after with a shot of milk as a precaution in case there might be heavy metals.

OP
F

faxmulder

For killing parasites empty stomach, for everything else i don't think it really matters. Like I said I chase mine down after with a shot of milk as a precaution in case there might be heavy metals.
Awesome, thanks for your help. I hope that MSM, combined with something topical, will help with these damn scars!

Awesome, thanks for your help. I hope that MSM, combined with something topical, will help with these damn scars!

It will! MSM is produced in our bodies in abundance when we are children, which is why we heal fast and don't get hurt to much when we fall. As we get older we produce less and less of it which is why we get aches and pains and we get slower to heal. Let us know in a few months if it is working for you!

OP
F

faxmulder

It will! MSM is produced in our bodies in abundance when we are children, which is why we heal fast and don't get hurt to much when we fall. As we get older we produce less and less of it which is why we get aches and pains and we get slower to heal. Let us know in a few months if it is working for you!
Sure! Thank you