Any Suggestions To Survive The Days Following Sleepless Nights?

scarlettsmum

I recommend not diving in - better to start by dipping a toe, if the signs indicate a need. :)
(If you are getting plenty of carbs and other nutrients.)

Exactly my thoughts Tara. I like how you put it. Dipping a toe in.:)

Peata

If I feel symptoms of racing heart, wired-up, etc when I'm laying in bed, I get a piece of chocolate caramel candy from the nightstand and take a bite and let that melt in my mouth. Sometimes I follow it up with a little baking soda.

But if food/blood sugar is taken care of and I still can't sleep, I do like Tyler, and don't stress about it.

In fact, I often find I'm on top of my game the day after only getting 3 - 4 hours of broken sleep. I don't know if it's dopamine or what. I try to take care of myself that day of course, eating properly, not getting stressed, etc. But I usually feel just fine.

I tend to get 7 hours most nights uninterrupted, so I can see night after night of no sleep being detrimental. But if it's just a few nights here and there, it doesn't seem to cause me trouble.

Hope you're finding some better sleep soon.

scarlettsmum

If I feel symptoms of racing heart, wired-up, etc when I'm laying in bed, I get a piece of chocolate caramel candy from the nightstand and take a bite and let that melt in my mouth. Sometimes I follow it up with a little baking soda.

But if food/blood sugar is taken care of and I still can't sleep, I do like Tyler, and don't stress about it.

In fact, I often find I'm on top of my game the day after only getting 3 - 4 hours of broken sleep. I don't know if it's dopamine or what. I try to take care of myself that day of course, eating properly, not getting stressed, etc. But I usually feel just fine.

I tend to get 7 hours most nights uninterrupted, so I can see night after night of no sleep being detrimental. But if it's just a few nights here and there, it doesn't seem to cause me trouble.

Hope you're finding some better sleep soon.

Thanks Peata, I'm trying the magnesium at the moment. I have tried the sugary snack, but it doesn't to seem to always help for me.

Tourist

Where do u get Cypro please ???

Benadryl was what stopped my horrible insomnia. I slept so sound for the first time in years from 25 mg. I now take cyproheptadine instead, .5-1 mg. I also use Progest-e, an aspirin, a snack, and a small amount of thyroid at bedtime. Eggshell calcium also seems to help.

When you don't sleep I think the intestine will start to break down. So ideally some gelatin broth or glycine. Especially if you will need stimulants to face the day because those will make things worse. You will need to keep the abdomen warm and try to massage it.

Pet Peeve

Probably not approved by peat, but I've heard modafinil will make you awake and alert no matter what state you're in. You might even get a prescription for it for your situation. Supposedly it's like amphetamine without the high.

DaveFoster

Sleep deprivation raises a cortisol, histamine, and serotonin.

Caffeine antagonizes adenosine and prevents the yawning response and can improve fatigue symptoms. Progesterone can lower cortisol powerfully (pregnenolone as well.) An anti-histamine + caffeine + anti-cortisol drug (niacinamide) and something to raise CO2 (thiamine) are all good combos.

- Coffee
- Progesterone/pregnenolone
- Anti-histamine (cyproheptadine)
- Niacinamide and aspirin will inhibit FFA

No need to take modafinil. Higher dosages of caffeine after meals will suffice. 200 and then 150 mg every 4-5 hours.

OP
S

StrongMom

Now that I see that my old thread is revived, i have a question in my mind that I never fully understood. Why are antihistamines the best sleep aids? I do sleep very well when i take benadryl, too. What is the role of histamine in insomnia? I worked a lot to reduce adrenaline and/or cortisol (perhaps without much success), but with benadryl or unisom it is so easy. Histamine should be playing a more important role than cortisol or adrenaline, but how?

Tourist

What's a cloned une and world you elaborate if it's something you'd still recommend?

QUOTE="SQu, post: 78739, member: 1375"]It took a while, ups and downs but gradual upward trend .I still have both but milder. Much milder. With sleep I have better patches out of the blue. In one right now. Currently some chocolate mousse with cream and gelatin in it is working well at bedtime and when I wake in the night, and I think gelatin but in smaller amounts is the secret here, along with sugar and cream. And that it's not liquid. Also a clonidine - lowers adrenalin and stops the lying awake with mind racing. That's the current recipe. I'd work on lowering endotoxin so digestion, carrot, review starches , raise glycogen, lower estrogen, inflammation, all these may contribute. If your bedtime/ nighttime snack is going to help you'll know almost immediately as you feel warm and relaxed and your bed feels cuddly not hard![/QUOTE]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals