Any solution for post-drinking tiredness and apathy?

blue_lotus

the day after drinking I always feel lazy and indifferent to any kind of mental pursuits (I do feel more stimulated to pursue mild physical exercise though like a nice long walk); is there any tried and true hack for this besides waiting it out? I want to clarify that im not talking about dealing with a hangover, hangovers arent an issue so much, its just this day after drinking mental lethargy that I hate since it kills my productivity. some things ive already tried:

-coffee: doesnt really fix it, although ive never been a strong coffee responder. I just end up with this weird feeling of being both stimmed and wornout, its not a conducive state for productivity
-coca cola: helps me feel better in some way but doesnt do anything for the problem, still feel lazy
-taurine: similar to coke, makes me feel better but doesnt fix my laziness/low motivation

theres dozens more things ive tried before but nothing really fixes this issue besides time (except for taking an adderall lol. maybe this is a noradrenaline related issue?) anyone got any hot tips? I enjoy alcohol very much but I hate the hit to productivity over the next day or two

ThinPicking

Don't drink beer. Drink denser alcohol with sugary mixers and/or wine. Eat well while you're drinking, ignore the fact the booze diminishes your hunger. Lightly salt your food.

In the days afterwards, keep liquid intake low and solid food intake high. Any time you might feel thirsty drink a high osmolality beverage and/or eat fruit. Lightly salt your food.

If you're still having trouble you could take something to kick dopaminergic tone but you'd be liable to like and use it beyond a fix for alcohol induced lethargy.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I take extra B vitamins when drinking and try to keep hydrated and eat solid foods. I also like the liquid IV to rehydrate. As you get older it gets worse recovering. Over drinking more popular these days with access to Uber where we don't have to drive anymore when meeting friends out. The next day is rough after a fun night. If I stay within my limit three drinks- plus do the. above makes huge difference. Smart question to ask and here the responses.

OccamzRazer

What is natural wine? I was recommended a brand something Farms .
Might've been this brand:

Natural wine is, well, naturally fermented and produced. It's slightly lower in alcohol and free from additives.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Might've been this brand:

Natural wine is, well, naturally fermented and produced. It's slightly lower in alcohol and free from additives.
I think that is it. Thanks for the post.

Hans

Forum Supporter
the day after drinking I always feel lazy and indifferent to any kind of mental pursuits (I do feel more stimulated to pursue mild physical exercise though like a nice long walk); is there any tried and true hack for this besides waiting it out? I want to clarify that im not talking about dealing with a hangover, hangovers arent an issue so much, its just this day after drinking mental lethargy that I hate since it kills my productivity. some things ive already tried:

-coffee: doesnt really fix it, although ive never been a strong coffee responder. I just end up with this weird feeling of being both stimmed and wornout, its not a conducive state for productivity
-coca cola: helps me feel better in some way but doesnt do anything for the problem, still feel lazy
-taurine: similar to coke, makes me feel better but doesnt fix my laziness/low motivation

theres dozens more things ive tried before but nothing really fixes this issue besides time (except for taking an adderall lol. maybe this is a noradrenaline related issue?) anyone got any hot tips? I enjoy alcohol very much but I hate the hit to productivity over the next day or two
Alcohol is dopaminergic, so you might just suffer from slight desensitization. Could also be because alcohol is a toxin that can reduce brain energetics. I'd use taurine and succinic acid to enhance ethanol clearance. That should also help against a drop in brain energy.
Next day try some tyrosine (or another dopaminergic) and sunlight to boost dopamine.

HeyThere

Just smoke weed.

If you can't, then take L-Ornithine. Sops alcohol out of your system like a champ.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals