Any Recommendations Taking B6?

Hgreen56

I have buy some vit b6 powder in the past from Vitamin B6 Powder
But i am not sure what the safest way to take it since i read here that it could harm the nerves even in moderate doses.
No clue what moderate doses exactly are, can't find anything here about dosages.

Any recommendations on how to take it?

Frankdee20

I have buy some vit b6 powder in the past from Vitamin B6 Powder
But i am not sure what the safest way to take it since i read here that it could harm the nerves even in moderate doses.
No clue what moderate doses exactly are, can't find anything here about dosages.

Any recommendations on how to take it?

I like B6, but there’s regular pyridoxine, and there’s the phosphorylated form as P5P... I read some things where plain B6 can actually lower P5P levels in the body, and all that unprocessed B6 leads to the nerve problems.... I think age can have a lot to do with that, the older you are, the less ability you have to convert B6 into P5P..... Interestingly though, taking p5p requires you to turn it back into B6 and then get phosphorylated again.... Dosage matters, I’ve used both versions and prefer the P5p because I think plain B6 will lose its mood enhancing effect after a few days, but p5p is more reliable for me

Frankdee20

Regular B6 you can take 50 MG or 25 and see how that goes, I’ve taken 100 MG and never got nerve problems.... the p5p I would take 50 mg and it feels awesome

baccheion

I'd get up to 10 mg from pyridoxine + food. Any additional amount would be from P-5'-P.

100 mg from pyridoxine is set as a safe upper limit to avoid the nerve issue. There aren't any such limits with the P-5'-P form (which is also 5x as effective, meaning 1/5th the amount is usually all that's needed).

Ihor

IIRC pyridoxine will be deplete vitamin b2 (riboflavin) for converting pyridoxine to P5P.