Any Recommendations For A Legit Niacinamide Supplement? Is The NOW! Foods Niacinamide Fake?

PakPik

Hello everybody,

Has anyone here had consistent powerful results (either good or bad) or experience with a reliable niacinamide brand? What brands are the real deal?

The only brand that I knew of was Solaray -thanks to @Dan Wich 's website, and I used it very successfully in doses ranging from low to very high doses for a long time, and it always worked and I could notice the effects very clearly. I used it for over a year.

However, I ran out of Solaray bottles...
I immediately bought 3 Now! bottles, and the pills aren't nearly as effective as my previous brand. :( In fact, they do almost nothing. Someone over Amazon.com wrote a review on March 9, 2016 and claimed the pills suddenly stopped working for her mentally ill son, then changed the brand and it worked for him again... The reviewer concludes "So I believe the bottle was a bunch of pills primarily made up of fillers."

Does anyone have any input? I have had success with other supplements of the Now! brand before, so this was unexpected. Maybe a bad batch? Or bad sourcing?

Thank you!

L

lollipop

Hello everybody,

Has anyone here had consistent powerful results (either good or bad) or experience with a reliable niacinamide brand? What brands are the real deal?

The only brand that I knew of was Solaray -thanks to @Dan Wich 's website, and I used it very successfully in doses ranging from low to very high doses for a long time, and it always worked and I could notice the effects very clearly. I used it for over a year.

However, I ran out of Solaray bottles...
I immediately bought 3 Now! bottles, and the pills aren't nearly as effective as my previous brand. :( In fact, they do almost nothing. Someone over Amazon.com wrote a review on March 9, 2016 and claimed the pills suddenly stopped working for her mentally ill son, then changed the brand and it worked for him again... The reviewer concludes "So I believe the bottle was a bunch of pills primarily made up of fillers."

Does anyone have any input? I have had success with other supplements of the Now! brand before, so this was unexpected. Maybe a bad batch? Or bad sourcing?

Thank you!
I use Pure Encapsulations Niacinamide and really like it.

tara

I use purebulk powder. These days I'm mixing it with other B-vits, so hard to isolate effects. But when I started out I think I could tell it was having an effect at ~100mg doses.

keith

I've used Jarrow, and it was strong, but the pills are 500mg, which was way too much for me. I currently use the bulk powder from healthnatura. I honestly haven't taken a dose large enough to say that I can feel it for sure, but that fits with how I take it. I usually take 60-70mg at a time, but my experience with his other products leave me confident in the quality, and I'm sure he would be able to provide independent lab verification of the purity if you ask him. If I take too large a dose of niacinamide, the main thing I get is a headache, so I keep my dose in the Peat recommended range of 60-70mg with meals.

OP
P

PakPik

Thanks everybody for your replies! What made me hesitant about trying other pills are the excipients; I need to check your suggestions out.
I think I'll try a powder soon.

mujuro

I use purebulk powder. These days I'm mixing it with other B-vits, so hard to isolate effects. But when I started out I think I could tell it was having an effect at ~100mg doses.

I also use PureBulk raw niacinamide powder. No complaints.

judge

I agree on Natures plus! always pharmaceutical grade! :D FYI I prefer Nicotonic acid AKA Niacin :thumbup

allblues

Those of you eating powder/opening & discarding capsules, how does your niacinamide taste?
I use PureBulk, it tastes slightly bitter.

OP
P

PakPik

Now brand niacinimide is not of good quality?????
It could have been a bad batch. But definitely no noticeable effects at any dose -if there was any at all-.
Those of you eating powder/opening & discarding capsules, how does your niacinamide taste?
I use PureBulk, it tastes slightly bitter.
Niacinamide has always tasted bitterish to me.

I absolutely agree, NOW! doesn't do anything. Does taste bitter though.

I take 100 mg of NOW twice a day and don't feel much. What are you suppose to feel???

When you take 1000 to 1300mg you will get absence of muscle burning even after some sport, and there will be good mood and lack of irritability for about six to twelve hours. Your extremities will warm up and your mental capacity will increase slightly.

mirc12354

When you take 1000 to 1300mg you will get absence of muscle burning even after some sport, and there will be good mood and lack of irritability for about six to twelve hours. Your extremities will warm up and your mental capacity will increase slightly.
Never felf anything close to it... even when I took about 1g of NOW brand. I have some unopened powdercity niacinamide at home. I will try it to see if I can feel the difference. Which brand do you use?

Never felf anything close to it... even when I took about 1g of NOW brand. I have some unopened powdercity niacinamide at home. I will try it to see if I can feel the difference. Which brand do you use?

PureBulk

OP
P

PakPik

I absolutely agree, NOW! doesn't do anything. Does taste bitter though.
The bitter, nicainamide-like taste led me to think it was a genuine niacinamide supplement. Could there be something in it inactivating it? or could the niacinamide molecule somehow be damaged?
Never felf anything close to it... even when I took about 1g of NOW brand.
I even took several grams at once and nothing happened, except for the yuckiness of the taste in my stomach!
A good niacinamide gives a noticeable effect, even if it's subtle, at the lowish 100mg-300mg doses.

Who knows... it shouldn't even be a lot of magnesium in the capsules... I do take PureBulk in water, though.