Any reason to take Cascara if you are already regular?

I see Cascara recommended a lot around here. But it seems to always be in the context of becoming more regular. If you are already completely regular (which I am) are there any additional benefits to taking it, or is that one benefit mainly it?

thanks

I see Cascara recommended a lot around here. But it seems to always be in the context of becoming more regular. If you are already completely regular (which I am) are there any additional benefits to taking it, or is that one benefit mainly it?

thanks

thanks

Attachments

• 20210519_112944.jpg
    20210519_112944.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 88

thanks
I certainly wouldn't use it everyday. I tried opening the capsules and mixing it with water to drink to reap the benefits with smaller portions and that didn't go well.

Jessie

The anthraquinones are powerful oxidizing agents, so things like emodin could be used for more systemic metabolic purposes. They also seem to inhibit cortisol and estrogen pretty good too.

However I think the bioavailability of emodin in cascara is rather poor, hence why it works so good as a laxative (it's not being absorbed into the system). The ONLY emodin product I know about that's purified and easily absorbed is Lapodin.

As an alternative, I suppose you could try making a "tea" out of cascara. I'm unsure how soluble it is in plain water, but whatever amount that does get extracted would be more available for absorption. It's probably gonna taste like s**t though.

I think there's been some questions raised about a possible nephrotoxicity from continued long-term use of the quinones, so whatever you decide, I wouldn't use it as a daily product. Only when needed during times of extra stress (high cortisol, estrogen, endotoxin, etc.).

The anthraquinones are powerful oxidizing agents, so things like emodin could be used for more systemic metabolic purposes. They also seem to inhibit cortisol and estrogen pretty good too.

However I think the bioavailability of emodin in cascara is rather poor, hence why it works so good as a laxative (it's not being absorbed into the system). The ONLY emodin product I know about that's purified and easily absorbed is Lapodin.

As an alternative, I suppose you could try making a "tea" out of cascara. I'm unsure how soluble it is in plain water, but whatever amount that does get extracted would be more available for absorption. It's probably gonna taste like s**t though.

I think there's been some questions raised about a possible nephrotoxicity from continued long-term use of the quinones, so whatever you decide, I wouldn't use it as a daily product. Only when needed during times of extra stress (high cortisol, estrogen, endotoxin, etc.).
Yeah that loose tea stuff is what I said in my previous comment that caused me issue. I was getting contraction higher up than preferred.

Jessie

Yeah that loose tea stuff is what I said in my previous comment that caused me issue. I was getting contraction higher up than preferred.
My curiosity peaked so I decided to look up emodin's solubility potential. Yeah, it's practically insoluble in water so it's effects are likely to be similar to what you described.

Thank you for answering my "why"Jessie! I love the stuff and it has helped a couple of other friends that i have recommended it to, but it can be precarious. I would certainly use it again if need be, but I have had more than one bad experience with it. If I had had perfect digestion i wouldn't play around with it for what else it might offer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals