Any Other Peaty Schizos?

Pet Peeve

Can you tell me the doses of preg that you were using that gave you the bad effects?

I took one to two 16 mg scoops up to 3 times per day, I think a lot of it must have been converted to progesterone from what I've read here. I got the psychosis after a couple of months on this I think. It's probably too much pregnenolone, but Peat talked about taking 300 mg once a week if I remember correctly.

Dhair

I took one to two 16 mg scoops up to 3 times per day, I think a lot of it must have been converted to progesterone from what I've read here. I got the psychosis after a couple of months on this I think. It's probably too much pregnenolone, but Peat talked about taking 300 mg once a week if I remember correctly.
I don't think it is accurate to say that it had anything to do with increasing glutamate. There is no evidence that it would be biochemically possible (that I have seen).
Pregnenolone partially converts to pregnenolone sulfate, which is a GABA antagonist. This causes nervousness and hyperactivity in some people. I think that is a more reasonable explanation.
This is just my opinion, but it sounds like you have issues with GABA signalling. You should try low dose progesterone by itself. It is a GABA agonist and GR antagonist, and there is really no debate about that.

Syncopated

Has anyone one here had (or know anyone who has had) any luck ameliorating the most taxing symptoms of schizophrenia (ie chronic unhappiness/hopelessness, anxiety, social phobia, etc)? If so, with what?

I had been actively dealing with the condition for the past 24 months (Peating [see below] for the past 14, so I am aware that tangible improvements due to nutrition may take another 12 or more) but have dealing with the social and intellectual (learning) difficulties most likely since puberty and social isolation since middle school. I am avoiding anti-psychotic medicine (Haldol) as I tried it for a few days and found my behavior was even more counterproductive. One of the more inspiring or hopeful trajectories I have been entertaining is going to grad school for a PhD in clinical psychology (to learn more about my condition while avoiding the job market for another 7-8 years and I would be able to help other people in similar situations avoid the psychiatric profession once I am done) but keep recalling that RP is convinced that any vocational training is going to further suppress independent, analogical thinking. That being said, reading and writing is a much better use of my time than working a minimum wage/dead end job.

My sleep has deteriorated substantially in the last few days (falling asleep at 9-10 am), which I believe is due to the stress of having to find a job (I dont interview very well ["social dysfunction" according to my psychiatrist], and find the reality of working very crushing) and the uncertainty of the future in general (mainly due to a lack of economic control, social isolation). I am not particularly happy but am doing on the whole much better than I was a year ago.

Has anyone been able to effectively use progesterone as a sleep aid? I recall RP saying that very large doses (400mg (?) ) were used as anesthetics in one study. I have tried large doses (~150 mg) on a number of occasions and found that I didn't fall asleep noticeably faster, but was slower getting out of bed the next morning. Sometimes 15mg doses with food in the afternoon bring about euphoric episodes, but nothing consistent.

Within the last several weeks I have started taking 1.5-4.5 g of niacinamide daily, and will be getting a kilo in the next few days so I will start trying even more soon.

~~Daily Food Intake~~
1 gallon skim milk
125-150 g sugar
30g salt
1 raw egg yolk
~ 1 qrt of costco organic oj
1-2 carrots, sometime fried in coconut oil
1-3 cups of strong coffee

usually 1.5 lb of boiled mushrooms/week
weekly shrimp
approximately bi weekly liver

- I used to be eating more (~2 qrts of OJ, 250 g of sugar) but stopped as I put on a fair amount of weight.

~~Daily supplement~~
1.5-4.5 g of niacinamide
~3/4 00 capsule of vitamin E
(usually) -125 mg pregnenelone
(about every other day) a large pinch or two of NDT
|| 1 mg B12
2-100 mg methylene blue (depending on how I am feeling)
15 mg progesterone when I am very anxious (I was taking it daily but am running low)
3 g of aspirin with the appropriate amount of k2

~~Behaviors~~
At least 15 min of playing a musical instrument, usually up to an hour or two
reading as much as I can, although I would like to be doing more of it
Daily walks
I change the B3 to plain niacin. You want the flush.

Syncopated

All these supplements with the possible exception of Vit C have side effects, such as mind fog, which you have to watch out for.

Don't take any multi vitamin. You should get it all through food.
Nonsense, B3 is harmless.

Syncopated

I've taken a gram+ of niacinamide for a couple of months and know what I'm talking about, unlike you. It made me anxious and stressed out despite eating large amounts of food.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6227466

Switch to niacin. You want the flush and increased circulation to the Prefrontal cortex. Take 1 gram after every meal so about 3 grams per day.

Watch all the YouTube videos you can find on Dr. Abram Hoffer. Hoffer had a Ph. D in biochemistry and an M. D. in psychiatry. Hoffer cared about his patients.

cyclops

Switch to niacin. You want the flush and increased circulation to the Prefrontal cortex. Take 1 gram after every meal so about 3 grams per day.

Peat has said that the niacin flush is a negative thing.

baccheion

Peat has said that the niacin flush is a negative thing.
Why is that? It has health benefits and can increase longevity. Niacin is best with vitamin C and trimethylglycine (1g niacin : 1g vitamin C : 500 mg bioflavonoids : 333 mg trimethylglycine). Overmethylators don't usually need trimethylglycine and benefit even more from niacin.

Syncopated

Dr. H. R. Clark also recommended niacin to increase circulation.

Peat does not site a study or reference in the video.

If niacin promotes serotonin, then schizophrenia wouldn't be cured by Hoffer.

Niacin is the cheapest form, effective and the flush feels comforting and healing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals