Any Other Peaty Schizos?

LUH 3417

Nothing regular.

I never claimed to suffer exclusively from anxiety and depression, I requested information for attenuating the most taxing symptoms of the condition, which included the two in your question. Beyond the conditions I have already stated, I occasionally distorted hear voices and had a couple of psychotic breaks. Regardless of what the actual diagnosis is, the psychiatrist I am working with is only offering Haldol, and does not seem to be interested in any further with psychotherapy until I start taking it.
Your goal of wanting to help people is a good thing. However I don't think it's possible unless you start interacting with people now. Isolating yourself with your studies with the intention of one day 8 years from now having applicable skills to help people is the worst thing you can do. I just did that for 2 years and realized how much I missed out on those two years that I will never get back.

Hugh Johnson

You need to talk to someone, however you shoudl find a person without advanced psych training. A psychiatric nurse could be good. Finnish research has shown good results with talk theraphy, Milton H Erickson could fix people far crazier than you mostly by talking to them, and people like Richard Bandler have fixed up schizos pretty fast.

The issue is that credentialed professionals have an incentive to treat people, not cure them. So they medicate them to not cause trouble, but to remain troubled.

I also don't think that min wage job would be bad. It gets you out of the house, gives you structure and makes you interact with things outside your head. I think you should take any job your health allows.

OP
A

Acarpous

Your goal of wanting to help people is a good thing. However I don't think it's possible unless you start interacting with people now. Isolating yourself with your studies with the intention of one day 8 years from now having applicable skills to help people is the worst thing you can do. I just did that for 2 years and realized how much I missed out on those two years that I will never get back.

Noted. I have interacted with people previously in easy, mindless waged positions and was able to get along more or less typically. I haven kept in touch with any of those people (which I have gathered isn't atypical) but cant say that my life is necessarily richer, or more fulfilling if I had spent that time studying. I watched a lot of television and played sports when I was younger so I feel like my intellectual life has suffered immensely and don't find the idea of my mental life as a hobby to be very exciting.

OP
A

Acarpous

You need to talk to someone, however you shoudl find a person without advanced psych training. A psychiatric nurse could be good. Finnish research has shown good results with talk theraphy, Milton H Erickson could fix people far crazier than you mostly by talking to them, and people like Richard Bandler have fixed up schizos pretty fast.

The issue is that credentialed professionals have an incentive to treat people, not cure them. So they medicate them to not cause trouble, but to remain troubled.

I also don't think that min wage job would be bad. It gets you out of the house, gives you structure and makes you interact with things outside your head. I think you should take any job your health allows.

I will look into NLP more, it seems like a interesting way to interrupt the repetitive thinking. I have been looking into finding a new therapist, the only reason I have stayed with the psych I have now is because he is familiar with the work of Wilhelm Reich, which I have gathered is relatively rare, given how thoroughly he has has been expunged from the culture.

Hugh Johnson

I will look into NLP more, it seems like a interesting way to interrupt the repetitive thinking. I have been looking into finding a new therapist, the only reason I have stayed with the psych I have now is because he is familiar with the work of Wilhelm Reich, which I have gathered is relatively rare, given how thoroughly he has has been expunged from the culture.

NLP is a bad idea. Most can't use it even after the certification training. Reich is good. You might have found one of the good ones.

I would suggest a hypnotist. A good one will detraumatize you in a few sessions and then install the resources you need. Most hypnotists are terrible though.

Pet Peeve

You should look into histamine and glutamate. Schizophrenia can be either too low or too high levels of these. Be aware that progesterone and pregnenolone increase glutamate, so this could make you better or worse depending on your levels. You should check out this link https://www.alternativementalhealth.com/commentary-on-nutritional-treatment-of-mental-disorders/#SC when it comes to histamine. You might even want to try loratadine and see how you feel if you might have high histamine. Cyproheptadine will lower several neurotransmitters, again this could make you better or worse as explained in the link. I have high histamine and I looked noticably younger and less tired after supplementing methionine and p5p for a few days. Please tell me if this was useful, I'm interested in knowing.

LUH 3417

Famotidine has been investigated as an adjunct in treatment-resistant schizophrenia. In one trial, it caused a 10% reduction in schizophrenic symptom severity in treatment-resistant patients.[26]

i just came across this on wikipedia but I remember on multiple occasions coming across material that suggested a connection between excessive histamine production and schizophrenic symptoms. do you have allergies or signs of high histamine? i think this is why some people find relief with cyproheptadine.

LUH 3417

You should look into histamine and glutamate. Schizophrenia can be either too low or too high levels of these. Be aware that progesterone and pregnenolone increase glutamate, so this could make you better or worse depending on your levels. You should check out this link https://www.alternativementalhealth.com/commentary-on-nutritional-treatment-of-mental-disorders/#SC when it comes to histamine. You might even want to try loratadine and see how you feel if you might have high histamine. Cyproheptadine will lower several neurotransmitters, again this could make you better or worse as explained in the link. I have high histamine and I looked noticably younger and less tired after supplementing methionine and p5p for a few days. Please tell me if this was useful, I'm interested in knowing.
i had no idea progesterone increased glutamate. no wonder it made me feel horrible.

aguilaroja

Famotidine has been investigated as an adjunct in treatment-resistant schizophrenia. In one trial, it caused a 10% reduction in schizophrenic symptom severity in treatment-resistant patients.[26]

i just came across this on wikipedia but I remember on multiple occasions coming across material that suggested a connection between excessive histamine production and schizophrenic symptoms. do you have allergies or signs of high histamine? i think this is why some people find relief with cyproheptadine.

Famotidine also dramatically treated a case of serotonin syndrome, so famotidine may lower serotonin, through as yet unspecified biochemistry.
Famotidine-induced reversal of meperidine-related serotonin syndrome: a case report. - PubMed - NCBI

@haidut discussed it here:
Famotidine Is A Powerful Anti-serotonin Drug, Can Even Treat Serotonin Syndrome
@haidut has described many potential benefits of famotidine.

The study by Meskanen cited by @seraphim is pretty impressive. An inexpensive, relatively safe medication was given to a very difficult subset of psychiatric patients, with “stable” disability lasting many years. There was noticeable improvement.

A randomized clinical trial of histamine 2 receptor antagonism in treatment-resistant schizophrenia. - PubMed - NCBI
“The subjects were all treatment-resistant subjects who had a significant level of residual symptoms. They had all been diagnosed years ago and had been on disability pension for at least 5 years. Their treatment had been stabilized, and no changes to their clinical treatment regimen were planned. It is intriguing that in this chronically and stably ill group we could observe a clear and consistent reduction of symptoms as observed by structured interviews.”

If famotidine was still under patent, numerous follow-up studies would be in the pipeline and pharma reps would be discussing this study in many physician offices.

lexis

Schizo symptoms start with negative energy. Physiological alterations and organ problems
happen later.

Apply lemon on the forehead,chest and nostrils for temporary relief.

Aspirin can help bring down the inflammation.

Last edited:
OP
A

Acarpous

Famotidine also dramatically treated a case of serotonin syndrome, so famotidine may lower serotonin, through as yet unspecified biochemistry.
Famotidine-induced reversal of meperidine-related serotonin syndrome: a case report. - PubMed - NCBI

@haidut discussed it here:
Famotidine Is A Powerful Anti-serotonin Drug, Can Even Treat Serotonin Syndrome
@haidut has described many potential benefits of famotidine.

The study by Meskanen cited by @seraphim is pretty impressive. An inexpensive, relatively safe medication was given to a very difficult subset of psychiatric patients, with “stable” disability lasting many years. There was noticeable improvement.

A randomized clinical trial of histamine 2 receptor antagonism in treatment-resistant schizophrenia. - PubMed - NCBI
“The subjects were all treatment-resistant subjects who had a significant level of residual symptoms. They had all been diagnosed years ago and had been on disability pension for at least 5 years. Their treatment had been stabilized, and no changes to their clinical treatment regimen were planned. It is intriguing that in this chronically and stably ill group we could observe a clear and consistent reduction of symptoms as observed by structured interviews.”

If famotidine was still under patent, numerous follow-up studies would be in the pipeline and pharma reps would be discussing this study in many physician offices.[/QUOTE

I am going to avoid trying new drugs for the next several weeks. I have been juggling a number of different materials (thyroid, b3, MB, aspitin, vitamins in general, glycine/gelatin) for the past several weeks and do not want to complicate my day even more, as I am losing track of what does and does not work.

OP
A

Acarpous

NLP is a bad idea. Most can't use it even after the certification training. Reich is good. You might have found one of the good ones.

I would suggest a hypnotist. A good one will detraumatize you in a few sessions and then install the resources you need. Most hypnotists are terrible though.

He's Ok. He knows about Reich but wasn't able to keep Reich's observations in mind throughout our meetings, so I may have wasted several months to a few years thinking he was conscious of Reich's more salient points and their implications.

OP
A

Acarpous

Ray has an article, "A Biophysical Approach to
Altered Consciousness" in which he mostly speaks about schizophrenia.

I have read that once. I have tried B3 mega doses and have had a bit of success, though sometimes the effects are more anxiety provoking rather than pleasant, though I do generally feel better after taking 1-2 grams at a time.

baccheion

I have read that once. I have tried B3 mega doses and have had a bit of success, though sometimes the effects are more anxiety provoking rather than pleasant, though I do generally feel better after taking 1-2 grams at a time.
Have you looked into genetic testing and nutrient testing (NutrEval, SpectraCell, etc) to see if there are any deficiencies or mutations that could be causing or worsening your symptoms? Genetic testing can result in better diet and supplement choices, as it helps show what to take and what to avoid.

OP
A

Acarpous

Have you looked into genetic testing and nutrient testing (NutrEval, SpectraCell, etc) to see if there are any deficiencies or mutations that could be causing or worsening your symptoms? Genetic testing can result in better diet and supplement choices, as it helps show what to take and what to avoid.

I have been meaning to get a hair test.

mujuro

I have bipolar. Could never sleep without some kind of drug. I'm on quetiapine at the moment, just 100mg. Have you had any luck with meds in the past? Try to steer away from Haldol and other first generations. Asenapine is reputedly good for schizophrenia. Vitamin D3 will help, because of what it does for glucorticoid signaling. Quetiapine works the same way, by affecting how the brain senses stress. Cyproheptadine could work for you since it is related to the atypical antipsychotics, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to get into the 8mg+ dosages to get a pharmacological effect.

Dhair

Please provide evidence that either pregnenolone or progesterone increase glutamate. I have been able to find zero evidence of this. All scientific studies suggest the exact opposite. Thank you.

Pet Peeve

Please provide evidence that either pregnenolone or progesterone increase glutamate. I have been able to find zero evidence of this. All scientific studies suggest the exact opposite. Thank you.

Google pregnenolone and glutamate. There's a connection. Maybe it's not correct of me to say that it increases it but there's a connection. Pregnenolone gave me a psychosis. It's probably fine for most people but not if you have the wrong chemistry.

Dhair

Google pregnenolone and glutamate. There's a connection. Maybe it's not correct of me to say that it increases it but there's a connection. Pregnenolone gave me a psychosis. It's probably fine for most people but not if you have the wrong chemistry.
Can you tell me the doses of preg that you were using that gave you the bad effects?