Any Long Term High Sugar Consumers Here?

How much sugar per day?

• 0-50g

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 50-100g

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 100-150g

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 150-200g

• 200-300g

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 300-500g

• 500+ !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MitchMitchell

Hi,

I’ve recently upped my intake to ~200g daily. Sugar is my natural craving (stress hormones much?) and I don’t see why I shouldn’t listen to my body.

Basically lots of fruits + juices through the day, some snacks, and milk pre bed.

So if anyone here tracks their intake somewhat, I’d be curious to know where you guys are at and how you fare, in this world where everybody has agreed that a can of Coke will undoubtedly cause premature death lmao

R J

As long as you get enough nutrients it seems fine. I think the big issue with refined sugars is they will cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies eventually. Thiamine is the big one but probably all others too

Jessie

Define long-term? I've been eating a high sugar/carb diet for close to over a year now. Discovered Peat's work about 10 months ago, slowly progressed more into the high sugar stuff. I don't really track my carbohydrate intake, but judging by protein and fat intakes, I would estimate my carbs to be around 400-500 grams daily.

I don't buy into the hype that coke will kill you early. Just had a Mexican Sprite tonight myself. The important thing is to drink sugary beverages in a glass bottle to avoid all the endocrine disrupters in plastic bottles and tin cans.

I don't really think sugar is responsible for fatty liver either. Just keep endotoxin low, avoid PUFA, get protein, get choline, and you should be good.

If you already have fatty liver, then it might be helpful to limit sugar for 2-4 weeks to allow you liver time to lean itself out and become sensitive to insulin again. During that period lean proteins and well cooked starches can be eaten.

InChristAlone

I've been consuming sugar my entire life, though I had periods of trying to limit refined sugar but not for long I always caved to having some soda every week. My parents allowed us to drink gobs of soda. I didn't have the greatest health growing up but I attribute that to other things. Then as a young adult I had fairly great health all the way up til I started trying stupid diets at 25. Then my health crashed after yrs of breastfeeding and chronic sleep deprivation. I mostly got my health back still consuming a lot of carbs. But I don't necessarily recommend milk and OJ. I don't consume much of either anymore.

GreekDemiGod

Same here.
Never had any kind of tooth pain this year.
Define long-term? I've been eating a high sugar/carb diet for close to over a year now. Discovered Peat's work about 10 months ago, slowly progressed more into the high sugar stuff. I don't really track my carbohydrate intake, but judging by protein and fat intakes, I would estimate my carbs to be around 400-500 grams daily.

I don't buy into the hype that coke will kill you early. Just had a Mexican Sprite tonight myself. The important thing is to drink sugary beverages in a glass bottle to avoid all the endocrine disrupters in plastic bottles and tin cans.

I don't really think sugar is responsible for fatty liver either. Just keep endotoxin low, avoid PUFA, get protein, get choline, and you should be good.

If you already have fatty liver, then it might be helpful to limit sugar for 2-4 weeks to allow you liver time to lean itself out and become sensitive to insulin again. During that period lean proteins and well cooked starches can be eaten.

OP
M

MitchMitchell

Long term as in, over a few months at least. Idk, 6+ maybe.

I don’t see any natural foods as bad anyway, I think constant calorie surplus is the main problem in modern societies. Not that I am a proponent of caloric restriction either. I just eat to satiation, and I maintain my weight around 195lbs at a low body fat.

It’s mostly about quality of life - skin - hair - sleep. All seems much better with more sugar.

someone is over 500g a day! Impressive.

Barry

I have been consuming around 250g of white sugar everyday in 2020. I add water to the sugar and heat it into a syrup, and then I add the syrup to about 1400g of skim milk. And then I add 2 cups of coffee to that. This is about 60% of my daily 2200 calories. I eat very low fat, around 1% of calories and keep PUFA well under 1 gram a day. I have liver a couple of times a month. On these days the PUFA is around 2 grams. I have generally felt very good. I think a dedication to consuming enough vitamins and minerals is a good idea. I take some of Haidut's supplements. Mentally I feel I have been very sharp and my energy levels have been good.

upload_2020-11-1_12-36-27.png

X3CyO

hydration, moderate salt intake, and starch helps to lower sugar cravings if trying to lower consumption.

Personally as someone who'd consumed 300g -500g sugars for a year, starch turns my brain on in a distinguishable way from other sugars. I did get a cavity due to mineral deficiencies as a result, which healed over (both caused/fixed by sugar and mineral correction), but also gained pitting around other teeth, and calculus buildup, which i'd never had a problem with before implementing a sugar regime.

I'd also dealt with a tooth that cracked when I was very young and consuming only ramen and chips.

Both experiences in my mind solidify what peat has talked about in regards to the importance of the macro balance and the different carbohydrates effects on mineral/bone balance.

Hgreen56

I have been consuming around 250g of white sugar everyday in 2020. I add water to the sugar and heat it into a syrup, and then I add the syrup to about 1400g of skim milk. And then I add 2 cups of coffee to that. This is about 60% of my daily 2200 calories. I eat very low fat, around 1% of calories and keep PUFA well under 1 gram a day. I have liver a couple of times a month. On these days the PUFA is around 2 grams. I have generally felt very good. I think a dedication to consuming enough vitamins and minerals is a good idea. I take some of Haidut's supplements. Mentally I feel I have been very sharp and my energy levels have been good.

View attachment 20066
:holysheep i can't wait until you crash and developed some serious health problems with this.
Serious you do... just give it some time... suffering is coming real fast now..
Look forward to your next health problem topics..... i am waaaaaiting :greenwave
*Following activated*

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

:holysheep i can't wait until you crash and developed some serious health problems with this.
Serious you do... just give it some time... suffering is coming real fast now..
Look forward to your next health problem topics..... i am waaaaaiting :greenwave
*Following activated*

Seriously, did you ever bother to familiarize yourself with ANY of Peat's ideas? Why would he crash? Overall, diet looks pretty good to me, if you can handle eating that little fat. I certainly don't think your prophecy of an upcoming "crash" is worth all that much.

tankasnowgod

Since dropping (almost) all starch, I've been averaging about 300g of sugar a day, which would be my total carb intake for the day. I have been eating a some potatoes on the weekend recently, for 1 or 2 meals, but otherwise, it's all sugar.

Jennifer

I’ve been averaging a daily carb intake of 400+ grams, from mostly fruit, for over a decade now. If I go too low in sugar and above a certain amount of protein, I get a hypoglycemic response and depression sets in. It wasn’t until I went fruitarian that I realized much of the depression and anxiety I’ve struggled with since birth is triggered by hypoglycemia due to hypothyroidism. Starting on NDT last year has helped with lowering my carb needs — I used to need 500+ grams a day — and fresh pressed melon juice, raw honey and non-fat goat’s milk have been the best combination for keeping my blood sugar and mood stable. I rarely get to this point nowadays but if I start to get the shakes and thoughts of the world being better off without me, I know my sugars are crashing and I need some juice fast. Within 5 minutes of downing a liter, the shakes and dark thoughts are gone.

Velve921

I’ve been consuming 400-500 grams of sugar a day for almost 7 years now.

Runenight201

Sucrose is a dietary chemical that tides me over until I get the sugar my body really needs, which is glucose on glucose molecules combined with other food substances which assists in the overall metabolic sustenance of a proper meal.

Running purely on sucrose has never allowed me to feel settled. It is the starch + meat + veggie meals that give me a swelling of well-being and satiation.

gaze

Seriously, did you ever bother to familiarize yourself with ANY of Peat's ideas? Why would he crash? Overall, diet looks pretty good to me, if you can handle eating that little fat. I certainly don't think your prophecy of an upcoming "crash" is worth all that much.

I don’t think the lack of fat is the main problem, the problem is just about half of his calories are from white sugar. Long term it leads to zinc, potassium, magnesium, and some b vitamin deficiencies, although eating liver or taking a supplement should be able to cover it

150-200 is about right although I don't precisely count calories. Almost all is from fruit, fruit juice, and coconut water but some is from milk, ice cream, honey, and cane sugar.

Since listening to the latest Roddy, Dinkov, and Peat podcast and hearing them explain the properties of Mexican coke, I'm curious enough to try one Dutch coke per day (which I believe is made with the sugar from sugar beets).

I take 100-200mg thiamine and 300-400mg magnesium every day and many other supplements throughout the week to support sugar metabolism. I've never fully recovered my carb tolerance after years of low carb dieting unfortunately. Probably should try thyroid at some point.

Last edited:

Fidelio

Hardly anyone stays on the high sugar diet for long periods of time. Health problems inevitably set in and they either switch to starch or they continue to become pre-diabetic/obese with poor dental health and low muscle mass.

Hgreen56

I don’t think the lack of fat is the main problem, the problem is just about half of his calories are from white sugar. Long term it leads to zinc, potassium, magnesium, and some b vitamin deficiencies, although eating liver or taking a supplement should be able to cover it
My experience was very short time actually.
After 3 days already i massive migraine developed, and needed high doses thiamine the solve this problem.
And i was already eating liver and :beef
Vitamin depletion is way much faster than most people think.
This was only the first problem that developed after staring high sugar diet for 3 days
I did it for a month and health complications piled up.

- High fructose leads to fatty liver *check*(very painfull)
- High fructose increase massively DNL *check*
- blood sugar roller coaster *check*
- sugar increase estrogen *check* (estrogen depletes glycogen more, so you need more sugar to prevent crash = circle of doom)
- Fructose is high fodmap and give huge problems for people with sibo *check*
- body convert fructose to oxalates *check*
- fruit fiber cause ibs *check*
- soluble fiber burden the liver *check*
- muscle weakness *check* (with 200gr protein a day)
- arthritis/joint pain *check*
- Hugeeeeee sagar cravings what i never had before i touch sugar rich foods *check*
- bleeding gums (symptom of high estrogen) *check*
- low fat, oh dear god, don't let me start about this one to.

Ok i stop now, with *check* i means, i have noticed this problems by myself and i will make a topic about it in the future. Now no time.

All these points are backup by science and all this science i have got this here right from this forum.
So don't tell me that this diet is healthy, it isn't. High sugar diet its like:
iu
Use the search button and you find ton of people that get very sick on it and are never coming back here again.
Sure there are maybe a hand full people they are doing well on it, but that is the case with everything.
In overall, this type of diets destroys the human body and Satan can't wait on the other side to welcome you in his burning palace of hell

I don't say sugar is evil or anything, oh actually i do.. silly me... anyways consume in moderation, it has some health benefits.
But if you have a death wish, go for it and let yourself go. :rockout
If you like extreme diets well here some recommendations:
The Cotton Ball Diet, Tapeworm Diet, Slimming Soap Diet, Cigarette Diet, Beer and Sausage Diet, Sounds all nice huh?

Well time to go face my demons. (boss) bye bye

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

It wasn’t until I went fruitarian that I realized much of the depression and anxiety I’ve struggled with since birth is triggered by hypoglycemia due to hypothyroidism
This is the case with me too, as I've discovered in the past few months. I went years without making the connection.