Any Long Term High Sugar Consumers Here?

How much sugar per day?

• 0-50g

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 50-100g

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 100-150g

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 150-200g

• 200-300g

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 300-500g

• 500+ !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tankasnowgod

Hardly anyone stays on the high sugar diet for long periods of time. Health problems inevitably set in and they either switch to starch or they continue to become pre-diabetic/obese with poor dental health and low muscle mass.

I see no reason for any of that to happen.

Diabetes/Pre-Diabetes seems to have much more to do with Iron levels in my experience. Obesity, more to do with high PUFA levels, or endocrine imbalances, like excess cortisol. Low Muscle Mass would also comes down to either endocrine problems, too low an intake of saturated fat and cholesterol, or too little protein. I've been basically no starch for 3 months now, and don't see any reason to add them back in for any reason to add them back as any sort of regular thing.

InChristAlone

My experience was very short time actually.
After 3 days already i massive migraine developed, and needed high doses thiamine the solve this problem.
And i was already eating liver and :beef
Vitamin depletion is way much faster than most people think.
This was only the first problem that developed after staring high sugar diet for 3 days
I did it for a month and health complications piled up.

- High fructose leads to fatty liver *check*(very painfull)
- High fructose increase massively DNL *check*
- blood sugar roller coaster *check*
- sugar increase estrogen *check* (estrogen depletes glycogen more, so you need more sugar to prevent crash = circle of doom)
- Fructose is high fodmap and give huge problems for people with sibo *check*
- body convert fructose to oxalates *check*
- fruit fiber cause ibs *check*
- soluble fiber burden the liver *check*
- muscle weakness *check* (with 200gr protein a day)
- arthritis/joint pain *check*
- Hugeeeeee sagar cravings what i never had before i touch sugar rich foods *check*
- bleeding gums (symptom of high estrogen) *check*
- low fat, oh dear god, don't let me start about this one to.

Ok i stop now, with *check* i means, i have noticed this problems by myself and i will make a topic about it in the future. Now no time.

All these points are backup by science and all this science i have got this here right from this forum.
So don't tell me that this diet is healthy, it isn't. High sugar diet its like:
iu
Use the search button and you find ton of people that get very sick on it and are never coming back here again.
Sure there are maybe a hand full people they are doing well on it, but that is the case with everything.
In overall, this type of diets destroys the human body and Satan can't wait on the other side to welcome you in his burning palace of hell

I don't say sugar is evil or anything, oh actually i do.. silly me... anyways consume in moderation, it has some health benefits.
But if you have a death wish, go for it and let yourself go. :rockout
If you like extreme diets well here some recommendations:
The Cotton Ball Diet, Tapeworm Diet, Slimming Soap Diet, Cigarette Diet, Beer and Sausage Diet, Sounds all nice huh?

Well time to go face my demons. (boss) bye bye

Sound more like an issue with fruit than with sugar. I eat barely any fruit but have a high carb diet and don't have a fatty liver, sugar cravings, SIBO, or IBS, sure I do experience some joint pains at times but that's not the sugar.

If you avoided sugar for a long long time it can be extremely hard to bring it back in I do know that.

OP
M

MitchMitchell

Hardly anyone stays on the high sugar diet for long periods of time. Health problems inevitably set in and they either switch to starch or they continue to become pre-diabetic/obese with poor dental health and low muscle mass.

do you not read answers before yours before commenting?

further, obesity and prediabetes/T2D are a matter of calories not just “sugar”, poor dental health is debatable, low muscle mass comes from a lack of resistance training and as no one advocates going fruitarian, you can still eat meat/fish AND simple carbs

OP
M

MitchMitchell

After 3 days already i massive migraine developed, and needed high doses thiamine the solve this problem.
This was only the first problem that developed after staring high sugar diet for 3 days

- sugar increase estrogen *check* (estrogen depletes glycogen more, so you need more sugar to prevent crash = circle of doom)
- Hugeeeeee sagar cravings what i never had before i touch sugar rich foods *check*

Ok i stop now, with *check* i means, i have noticed this problems by myself and i will make a topic about it in the future. Now no time.

All these points are backup by science and all this science i have got this here right from this forum.
iu
Use the search button and you find ton of people that get very sick on it and are never coming back here again.
Sure there are maybe a hand full people they are doing well on it, but that is the case with everything.
In overall, this type of diets destroys the human body and Satan can't wait on the other side to welcome you in his burning palace of hell

I don't say sugar is evil or anything, oh actually i do.. silly me... anyways consume in moderation, it has some health benefits.
The Cotton Ball Diet, Tapeworm Diet, Slimming Soap Diet, Cigarette Diet, Beer and Sausage Diet, Sounds all nice huh?

you have some weird obsessive behavior and I suppose English isn’t your first language. You probably piled on sugary stuff to the point of eating far above your TDEE triggering specific inflammatory responses. It’s quite frequent in many fad diet adopters when they start reading that some food is “good” (while others are “bad”) and other utter nonsense such as Calories don’t matter etc.

As of myself and others in this thread, provided that I feel satiated sticking to my regular caloric intake (which means- taking it easy on juice+milk+other extremely palatable sugary foods) I feel more alert snacking on sugars compared to eating starch based or worse, fat based: both make me wanna sleep all day while waking me up at 4am gasping for sugar. Cortisol totally out of whack.

Fidelio

do you not read answers before yours before commenting?

further, obesity and prediabetes/T2D are a matter of calories not just “sugar”, poor dental health is debatable, low muscle mass comes from a lack of resistance training and as no one advocates going fruitarian, you can still eat meat/fish AND simple carbs
Yes, obesity/td2 is a matter of calories. However eating a hyperpalatable, low filling diet of sugar that spikes your bg then falls rapidly tends to make people over eat.

OP
M

MitchMitchell

The part about spiking bg is kinda moot if you stick to whole fruits. Bananas spike blood sugar but don’t really lead to over eating at all. There are experiments which show that animals fed pure sugar + micros stop themselves from consuming more sugar far earlier than animals that do no receive extra micros.

Anyhoo. If you’re drinking tons of OJ or go crazy with table sugar and sugary junk... overeating is easily achievable for sure. People would blame PUFAs last I checked sugar was far more rewarding than linoleic acid.

Fidelio

The part about spiking bg is kinda moot if you stick to whole fruits. Bananas spike blood sugar but don’t really lead to over eating at all. There are experiments which show that animals fed pure sugar + micros stop themselves from consuming more sugar far earlier than animals that do no receive extra micros.

Anyhoo. If you’re drinking tons of OJ or go crazy with table sugar and sugary junk... overeating is easily achievable for sure. People would blame PUFAs last I checked sugar was far more rewarding than linoleic acid.
Agree, but the majority of the people on this forum who crash aren’t eating whole fruits. It’s coke, orange juice, table sugar, gummy bears etc.

OP
M

MitchMitchell

Agree, but the majority of the people on this forum who crash aren’t eating whole fruits. It’s coke, orange juice, table sugar, gummy bears etc.

Ah well I didn’t know that. I don’t know why people eat unnatural junk and expect good things

David90

I wouldn't say High Sugar in my Term....but i easily eat around 180-200g of Sugar Daily for Nearly 1 1/2 Years now.

I feel personally a bit Leaner then before. Also i think Hair and Beard Growth are much better then Before (Possibly from lower SHBG -> More Free Testosterone?).
Also it seems (from Cronometer) that from the Whole Fruit Eating, i get quite a good Amount of Vitamins and Minerals in.

Yeah Sugar Eating CAN make you fat, also like Overeating does. But (in my Opinion) ONLY if it's Refined Sugar or Junk Food.

Also i would not worry to much about raising Blood Glucose. Glycemic Load is way more Important then Glycemic Index. A Orange or Kiwifruit will not spike your Blood Sugar at all, where as Dates, Prunes or Raisins surely will to a small extent.

Brandin

Long term as in, over a few months at least. Idk, 6+ maybe.

I don’t see any natural foods as bad anyway, I think constant calorie surplus is the main problem in modern societies. Not that I am a proponent of caloric restriction either. I just eat to satiation, and I maintain my weight around 195lbs at a low body fat.

It’s mostly about quality of life - skin - hair - sleep. All seems much better with more sugar.

someone is over 500g a day! Impressive.
calorie surplus is needed to increase metabolism, insulin sensitivity and lower stress. Once reached you can stabilize the calories by just not increasing. It also doesnt make you fat if there is no pufa, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, synthetic estrogens, anti androgens in the diet.

Brandin

:holysheep i can't wait until you crash and developed some serious health problems with this.
Serious you do... just give it some time... suffering is coming real fast now..
Look forward to your next health problem topics..... i am waaaaaiting :greenwave
*Following activated*
I saw your post on page 2. Nothing you say is based on truth. Most of the things u said are opposite. Infact the crash thing is hillarious asfuck considering that what you crash to is how you would always feel on low carb ;D. Getting to a high energy state through atp production(via carbs) then crashing down slowly to baseline of not eating carbs is better than always being crashed. Also saying the miscles get weak from carbs is actually ******* autistic I am sorry but I cant tolerate that. Muscle force needs energy(atp) and carbs is the best way too increase this. I am a bofybuilder and my strenght is legit 1.5x that of when I eat low carbs when I eat high.

Peatful

calorie surplus is needed to increase metabolism, insulin sensitivity and lower stress. Once reached you can stabilize the calories by just not increasing. It also doesnt make you fat if there is no pufa, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, synthetic estrogens, anti androgens in the diet.
This is correct-
And I will add- it may make one “fat”- but that is (most usually) temporary and your body is purposefully holding on to the “fat” to readjust, heal and rebuild.

Brandin

This is correct-
And I will add- it may make one “fat”- but that is (most usually) temporary and your body is purposefully holding on to the “fat” to readjust, heal and rebuild.
Thank you. I was starting to get frustrated ;D

Michael Mohn

I did a raw food diet for over 15 years. Mostly whole fruit, honey, nuts and some meat & fish. Before that I eat lots of fruit and sugar too. Finally I discovered Peat and cut out the nuts but reintroduced dairy and also some starches. My teeth problems occurred only in a short period of low fruit/sugar intake, low calories and very high stress. My muscle mass is good on a few hours of basketball per week, I gain only weight when my allergy gets triggered, mostly due to water retention. Peat does recommends a high fruit intake not a high sugar diet but in some people with severe health issues high sugar intake can be curative like diabetes!

Michael Mohn

iu

It seems high sugar lowered your cortisol and revealed your underlying health problems like high estrogen, inflammation, liver issues etc. Instead of addressing these problems you blame the messenger (sugar). Judging from your posts your mental health doesn't seem to be top level after quitting sugar or what ever you eat now.

invictus

I was reading, again, an old post on 180 Degree Health. One of the posters talked about her late mother, who had gone into an adrenal crisis when she was young, after her first husband was killed in a car crash. From the way I read it, the hospital/doctor put her on dextrose infusions and it saved her life. When her mother was discharged, she dived heavy into sugar and butter, along with meats and vegetables, but it was the heavy sugar consumption that restored her health. The woman went on to marry two more times and give birth to several more children. She died at 87. That post convinced me to add much more sugar to my diet in order to counteract the massive amount of stress I live with(I have treatment resistant bipolar & my wife has dementia). Sugar(soda, OJ with added sugar, mango juice) seem to be keeping me calmer and sleeping more restfully. I eat eggs, shrimp and oysters. Medicine has little to offer me and if I'm going to pull out of this nose dive, I believe it's up to me. Grateful for Ray Peat and Matt Stone.

InChristAlone

I was reading, again, an old post on 180 Degree Health. One of the posters talked about her late mother, who had gone into an adrenal crisis when she was young, after her first husband was killed in a car crash. From the way I read it, the hospital/doctor put her on dextrose infusions and it saved her life. When her mother was discharged, she dived heavy into sugar and butter, along with meats and vegetables, but it was the heavy sugar consumption that restored her health. The woman went on to marry two more times and give birth to several more children. She died at 87. That post convinced me to add much more sugar to my diet in order to counteract the massive amount of stress I live with(I have treatment resistant bipolar & my wife has dementia). Sugar(soda, OJ with added sugar, mango juice) seem to be keeping me calmer and sleeping more restfully. I eat eggs, shrimp and oysters. Medicine has little to offer me and if I'm going to pull out of this nose dive, I believe it's up to me. Grateful for Ray Peat and Matt Stone.
Amen! Sugar saves lives.

invictus

Amen! Sugar saves lives.
Irony, here. My wife, who has Type 2 diabetes, religiously takes her meds( Metformin and another glucose lowering drug, as well as a statin) avoids sugar, is a vegetarian and her fasting glucose runs between 150 and 200 every morning. Also anemic and on iron pills. And she has early stage dementia. Totally trusts her primary doctor who I think is mediocre at best. Just contrasting. Not a rant. Just watching my wife slowly die.

Nomane Euger

Irony, here. My wife, who has Type 2 diabetes, religiously takes her meds( Metformin and another glucose lowering drug, as well as a statin) avoids sugar, is a vegetarian and her fasting glucose runs between 150 and 200 every morning. Also anemic and on iron pills. And she has early stage dementia. Totally trusts her primary doctor who I think is mediocre at best. Just contrasting. Not a rant. Just watching my wife slowly die.
what are you waiting to act?

invictus

what are you waiting to act?
She has zero desire to do anything. Won't change her diet, won't try specific supplements. Can you force someone to do something they don't want to do simply because you want to help them? She's has a victim mentality. I have to protect my mental and physical health. My doctors have said the same thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals