Any long term Aspirin users experience?

Korven

Taking aspirin reliably gives me acne/ezcema. Just 500 mg is enough to go from completely clear skin to several bad breakouts. I don't think this is a common side effect though.

Sexypizza

I had tinnitus since I was a kid and experimented with aspirin. If I take aspirin everyday the tinnitus will slowly worsen over time. But if I stop using the aspirin my tinnitus goes back to baseline after a few days. Another issue that I have with aspirin is that it seems to make my muscles twitch A LOT. For the life of me I cant figure out why it happens and I have never heard of anyone else having the same issue. it seems to happen a little with other substances as well such as IP6 and carrot salads but not as much and not as reliably.

Recently I've noticed a lot of changes with how aspirin effects me. about two weeks ago I took 1 gram of aspirin for about a week (First time taking a dose that high, usually its 300mg) but instead of using a vitamin K supplement I just boiled spinach for half an hour and drank the water for the vitamin K and other vitamins & minerals. I barely had any muscle twitching at all for the first time ever and my tinnitus barely increased.

So the source of vitamin K seems to matter for me and the side effects may be dose dependent.

weird.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I had tinnitus since I was a kid and experimented with aspirin. If I take aspirin everyday the tinnitus will slowly worsen over time. But if I stop using the aspirin my tinnitus goes back to baseline after a few days. Another issue that I have with aspirin is that it seems to make my muscles twitch A LOT. For the life of me I cant figure out why it happens and I have never heard of anyone else having the same issue. it seems to happen a little with other substances as well such as IP6 and carrot salads but not as much and not as reliably.

Recently I've noticed a lot of changes with how aspirin effects me. about two weeks ago I took 1 gram of aspirin for about a week (First time taking a dose that high, usually its 300mg) but instead of using a vitamin K supplement I just boiled spinach for half an hour and drank the water for the vitamin K and other vitamins & minerals. I barely had any muscle twitching at all for the first time ever and my tinnitus barely increased.

So the source of vitamin K seems to matter for me and the side effects may be dose dependent.

weird.
Muscle twitches typically due to adrenaline or mineral imbalances. I take daily super k from life extension which has got three types of k with decent doses, lets hope its good enough!

Mastemah

Approx 500 mg. Yes, actually quite a lot of people lived the same thing. Aspirin gaves some people "permanent" tinnitus. There is no known way to reverse it as far as I know. It's just too much risk to take it for someone who didn't tried daily Aspirin yet.
Yes you can reverse it. One of the common issues is that pufa, where eaten or lost through lipolysis , can interfere w certain neurotransmitters causes tinnitus. Low glycine also promotes it. Various therapies where it’s treated like a phantom limb work as well. Ive used various visual, vestibular, neural and cranial nerve stim combined with a Signal Generator to alter the sound. Cat eater makes a good app.

Mastemah

Typically a gram a day for about 10+ years. I miss days due to travel now and then or a third dose because Im busy etc

Astolfo

Yes you can reverse it. One of the common issues is that pufa, where eaten or lost through lipolysis , can interfere w certain neurotransmitters causes tinnitus. Low glycine also promotes it. Various therapies where it’s treated like a phantom limb work as well. Ive used various visual, vestibular, neural and cranial nerve stim combined with a Signal Generator to alter the sound. Cat eater makes a good app.
LOL, it's obviously not PUFA. You can't blame this on PUFA like most people in this forum do blame every health issue on either estrogen, serotonin or PUFA.

I took Aspirin and I got tinnitus, that's it. Aspirin gives some people tinnitus and there is no known way to reverse it. I took my daily aspirin with Vitamin K and bicarbonate by the way, for some that thinks it's preventable. It's not. It's not very common, but you are playing russian roulette with your own health.

CreakyJoints

LOL, it's obviously not PUFA. You can't blame this on PUFA like most people in this forum do blame every health issue on either estrogen, serotonin or PUFA.

I took Aspirin and I got tinnitus, that's it. Aspirin gives some people tinnitus and there is no known way to reverse it. I took my daily aspirin with Vitamin K and bicarbonate by the way, for some that thinks it's preventable. It's not. It's not very common, but you are playing russian roulette with your own health.

I agree with you that these are extremely unlikely direct causes, and there is quite a cultish attitude to aspirin here. I think Ray Peat recommends it as a relatively safe and easily accessibly anti-inflammatory in general, but there are some very prominent posters here who treat it as a panacea.

I think, however, that it might in fact be preventable, but not through any of the means mentioned in this thread; hopefully. eventually it can be cured. I've read contradictory studies about memantine on the subject, but perhaps there's reason to be hopeful.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Hans said "It's due to the overactivation of the NMDA receptor in the ear. Magnesium and other NMDA antagonists might be helpful."

Epik

For those complaining about tinnitus, I used to take over 3g a day and over time got tinnitus, I simply took 10g of glycine and it fixed it. I still take aspirin if I eat a high fat meal or feel out of breath and can go up to 3-4g a day, if ever get tinnitus glycine always fixes it. I think it might be due to endotoxin leaking more than normal, but I'm not sure.

equipoise

Been living with tinnitus since my first gig, blew out the marshall on that one. then came techno parties, more loud gigs. never liked ear protection while playing. tinnitus also comes and goes for me, and the intensity varies week to week.

db9

Typically a gram a day for about 10+ years. I miss days due to travel now and then or a third dose because Im busy etc
How has aspirin affected your life in all aspects? Did it make any major changes emotionally, profesionally, religious and so on? Would truly appreciate your answer!

db9

And most importantly, how has it affected your testosterone, libido and sperm quality lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals