Any long term Aspirin users experience?

FitnessMike

Bad and Good please

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Got permanent tinnitus after a few weeks of daily aspirin.
how much were you taking? also, have you heard anyone else has had the same side effect?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

used about 3g a week for 5 or 6 years and doing awesome with it.
wow nice, i see improvements with my sleep and pissing at night for the first time in years? 300mg before bed, during the day lowers cortisol too much

Astolfo

how much were you taking? also, have you heard anyone else has had the same side effect?
Approx 500 mg. Yes, actually quite a lot of people lived the same thing. Aspirin gaves some people "permanent" tinnitus. There is no known way to reverse it as far as I know. It's just too much risk to take it for someone who didn't tried daily Aspirin yet.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Approx 500 mg. Yes, actually quite a lot of people lived the same thing. Aspirin gaves some people "permanent" tinnitus. There is no known way to reverse it as far as I know. It's just too much risk to take it for someone who didn't tried daily Aspirin yet.
how long do you have it?

CreakyJoints

Aspirin induced hearing loss/tinnitus is not always permanent, and can sometimes be dealt by simply not taking it anymore, but there are very few ways of reliably reversing it if it is chronic.

A lot of people here will say there is absolutely no evidence of this, but its ototoxicity has been thoroughly documented. Having said that, it seems to be able to ameliorate other kinds of ototoxicity.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Aspirin induced hearing loss/tinnitus is not always permanent, and can sometimes be dealt by simply not taking it anymore, but there are very few ways of reliably reversing it if it is chronic.

A lot of people here will say there is absolutely no evidence of this, but its ototoxicity has been thoroughly documented. Having said that, it seems to be able to ameliorate other kinds of ototoxicity.
can you decrease the chance of tinnitus by decreasing the aspirin dose?

CreakyJoints

Thanks Mr

No worries. I think there's a lot of literature out there but not many good explanations as to why it happens or how to fix it - further study is definitely needed. Also, for what it's worth, in the animal trials they generally apply it with an injection.

I've heard some people on here say that it's adulterants causing the issue, but I think that's unlikely - most of the animal trials probably use USP aspirin.

I suppose it's possible that transdermal application might lower the risk somehow, but I don't really know enough about that to comment.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

No worries. I think there's a lot of literature out there but not many good explanations as to why it happens or how to fix it - further study is definitely needed. Also, for what it's worth, in the animal trials they generally apply it with an injection.

I've heard some people on here say that it's adulterants causing the issue, but I think that's unlikely - most of the animal trials probably use USP aspirin.

I suppose it's possible that transdermal application might lower the risk somehow, but I don't really know enough about that to comment.
Since it helps me so much and i cant tolerate thyroid yet due t suboptimal cortisol on which im working on, i will continue taking it, aspirin i take has only one excipient - lactose. I take it only around a week at 300mg dose before bed with my big meal. I'm progressing with aspirin for the first time in years.

CreakyJoints

Since it helps me so much and i cant tolerate thyroid yet due t suboptimal cortisol on which im working on, i will continue taking it, aspirin i take has only one excipient - lactose. I take it only around a week at 300mg dose before bed with my big meal. I'm progressing with aspirin for the first time in years.

That's great, I'm glad it works for you! I use it sometimes as well.

koky

without at least 1 gram per day, knees,neck, back pain
sometimes I even take 2 grams
once in a while I experience nausea -at which point I rollback or stop for a few days
then start again
I always take 1mg kuinone per 325mg aspirin

Mito

If it’s the salicylate in aspirin causing the tinnitus problem, maybe taking glycine with aspirin would help? According to this video glycine neutralizes the salicylate part of aspirin.

CreakyJoints

If it’s the salicylate in aspirin causing the tinnitus problem, maybe taking glycine with aspirin would help? According to this video glycine neutralizes the salicylate part of aspirin.

The review I posted does imply that might be one of the causes, so perhaps!