Any Interactions With Paraguard And Progest E?

goodandevil

My girlfriend is curious. I read paraguard lowers progesterone as one mechanism? So would progest e neutralize its effectiveness?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

It seems like maybe progesterone in the uterus is.contraceptive, whereas systemically and at lower concentrations, in increases fertility by affecting general health? I emailed supplier, ill update here if I get a usefulrepky =) thank you

tara

IIRC (I haven't been using progesterone cyclicly), progesterone supports pregnancy, and high progesterone prevents the initiation of a new pregnancy (conception). Whether one wants to encourage or discourage conception determines appropriate timing. To prevent conception, skip the progesterone on just the first 5 days of cycle. To encourage it (or just to stay in sync with a healthy cycle), take none in at least the first half of cycle, only after ovulation and then stop before expected menstruation. Some of us take it continuously to reduce symptoms.
I think that thread suggests vaginal for contraception too, but I think the timing is critical too.

Hope someone who knows it better will correct this if I've misunderstood.