Any input on ibuprofen

Steveig84

Hallo all,

So my question is about the effects/usage of iboprofen? how does it compare to asprin?

Im asking because i got injured on friday, bad knee injury while doing what i love (Rollerblading)
Got to have a MRT scan on thursday to see what damage has been done (guessing unless im very lucky some meniskus, or ligament/tendon damage), im on cruches and was advise to take ibuprofen for the pain, sweeling ect....

Can i just use asprin as i was anyway....
What negative effect can/does ibuprofen have?

Any other advice to help my healing?

Thank you
Steve ;-)

boombalada

Hey there.

I am no medic; but personal experience with Ibuprofen is not great due to it being a definite trigger for my IBS symptoms. It does not affect everyone this way, but it's typically on the 'watchlist' for people with IBS, so if you take it might be good to read up on some protective foods to take with it if you notice stomach aches.

Ibuprofen is typically pre-scribed for its anti-inflammatory properties - I have been able to use ibuprofen gel with some success on a foot injury without digestive issues.

I am unsure if aspirin shares the same properties, but I can take sensible aspirin for headaches with no digestive side effects whatsoever; unsure if it helps with inflammation/swelling from physical trauma.

Good luck with the knee!

Jenn

Aspirin is beneficial to the liver, ibuprofen is not.

That said, eliminating PAIN in and of itself is beneficial and healing, so if it works use it, short term. Or try aspirin and if it doesn't work, go back.

Thomas

Jenn said:

That said, eliminating PAIN in and of itself is beneficial and healing, so if it works use it, short term. Or try aspirin and if it doesn't work, go back.

Hi Jenn,
I live in Sweden and its a pretty controlled country. If they here believe that something is bad they change everything in a wink and do it over the entire land. Suddenly one cant buy anymore the stuff one is used to.

Right now it happens that they believe that Aspirin is bad and they took it out of all the stores and replaced it with a product called Alvedon. Its used everywhere here instead of aspirin. We too have ibuprofen. They told me that it is the same as Aspirin only better to the stomach. The active substance is paracetamol they told me. Is that possible to take instead of Aspirin?

//Thomas

Jenn

If you can't get aspirin then try white willow bark...or drink lots of OJ and ACV (apple cider vinegar). Aspirin is just acetylsalicylic acid....or acetic acid (ACV) and salicyclic acid (OJ). Any truly ripe fruit will have salicylic acid, the trouble is most fruit is not truly ripe.....unless it is picked off the plant yourself.

Jellyfish

Thomas said:
Jenn said:

Hi Jenn,
I live in Sweden and its a pretty controlled country. If they here believe that something is bad they change everything in a wink and do it over the entire land. Suddenly one cant buy anymore the stuff one is used to.

Right now it happens that they believe that Aspirin is bad and they took it out of all the stores and replaced it with a product called Alvedon. Its used everywhere here instead of aspirin. We too have ibuprofen. They told me that it is the same as Aspirin only better to the stomach. The active substance is paracetamol they told me. Is that possible to take instead of Aspirin?

//Thomas

You will find aspirin in Pharmacies.

Back
Top Bottom