Any ideas on the markup on milk, honey and juice products in retail stores?

konatowntom

This is the first that I see that organic is a requirement. Good luck with finding any true organic honey, as I believe bees can travel up to 12 miles from the hive. I did find a company that sources organic honey from Brazil, the downside is that it is heated. Honey - Raw - Organic - 29kg. I tried it and prefer the local Crystal's honey. I guess another option might be from Alaska as I used to get bee pollen that was sourced from there.

OP
D

Dr. B

This is the first that I see that organic is a requirement. Good luck with finding any true organic honey, as I believe bees can travel up to 12 miles from the hive. I did find a company that sources organic honey from Brazil, the downside is that it is heated. Honey - Raw - Organic - 29kg. I tried it and prefer the local Crystal's honey. I guess another option might be from Alaska as I used to get bee pollen that was sourced from there.
costco sells organic raw honey, does seem its heated as its liquid and tastes very caramel like. tastes bad though. its from canada and brazil. for the markup i was just curious of retail markup but for consumption im thinking certified organic is especially important if youre buying any products online or in store. unless youre good friends and can really trust someone, know all of their processes. im not sure why the organic honeys seem to taste worse. with milks the organic ones taste better

launachgewahren

if you reach out to any manufacturer regarding prices they seem to say you need to be a retail store etc to get pricing information.
im wondering what the markup would be on products like milk, honey and OJ. If a retail store is selling OJ, honey, milk, for $6 each, how much could you save if you were able to buy these direct from the company the retail store is buying from? obviously you may need to buy in bulk, but if it's a smaller company/farm maybe they would be willing to sell the items directly to you.

I used to manage a small grocery store in NYC where the retail price was double the wholesale cost, which kept us on par with Whole Foods pricing. Besides buying direct for local products, we bought everything from two natural food distributors: UNFI and KeHE. Those distributors often give discounts depending on how many cases you buy at a time. I also did buying for a coop where our markup was 30% for members, and and 75% for non-members.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals