Any idea for an natural bodywash and natural STRONG deodorant?

xborg

I use “everclear”, works well everywhere.
Yes, for me ethyl alcohol is ideal and can last for 2-3 days. Just a light mist gives total control over odorous bacteria, no powders or pastes or oily resides. I have used this for >20 years.
My variation is to add some drops of essential oils I find appealing and which impart their own benefits. I vary the blend in each batch (clary sage, lavender, pine/fir/balsam, bergamot, blue tansy, citrus, etc).

Oleg

Yes, for me ethyl alcohol is ideal and can last for 2-3 days. Just a light mist gives total control over odorous bacteria, no powders or pastes or oily resides. I have used this for >20 years.
My variation is to add some drops of essential oils I find appealing and which impart their own benefits. I vary the blend in each batch (clary sage, lavender, pine/fir/balsam, bergamot, blue tansy, citrus, etc).
Spray works well, although I find it a bit too harsh in certain areas. I use paper towel. Another idea is to drop a few pieces of frankincense resin in the bottle. Smells amazing and good for the skin.
Thank you for sharing!

i like Dr Bronners soaps - especially the peppermint. i stopped needing deodorant since chlorophyll drops and coffee enemas but that's just meeeeee.

bistecca

Im shocked how pure Bobs Bake Soda is. You can tell its better. I use it to cleanse my tongue. Bobs is way more pleasant to use.
Yea I was out of bobs red mill and substituted arm and hammer and knew before the day was over something was wrong.. It says something on the package about being from a pure mineral deposit.. I haven't looked into the manufacturing processes and how they vary..

akgrrrl

Great idea!

P

Peatness

Turns out Vitamin D is a deodorant. A drop or two of the oil rubbed in.

taralynne

Check out my post on "Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks". I mention how well Milk of Magnesia works as a deodorant, and another member said he tried it and was stunned how well it works, better than anything else he has ever tried! There is other suggestions for soap.

I started using milk of magnesia based on your recommendation in your healthier grooming thread & it's the best alternative option I have tried. Thank you for the tip.

I started using milk of magnesia based on your recommendation in your healthier grooming thread & it's the best alternative option I have tried. Thank you for the tip.

So happy you made the switch! Are you letting it condense to a paste?

Inaut

Turns out Vitamin D is a deodorant. A drop or two of the oil rubbed in.
very interesting. I'll give it a go. I haven't worn deodorant the last two days because of a rash from my deodorant (funny enough) and vinegar/alcohol works like a charm.

very interesting. I'll give it a go. I haven't worn deodorant the last two days because of a rash from my deodorant (funny enough) and vinegar/alcohol works like a charm.

Have you tried the "Original" Milk of Magnesia yet?

taralynne

So happy you made the switch! Are you letting it condense to a paste?
Yes, I followed your advice. I pour some into a separate container & leave the cover off until it dries out somewhat. It's great because it doesn't irritate my skin like the natural deodorants I have bought & it works really well so I'm not tempted to go back to Dove.

Yes, I followed your advice. I pour some into a separate container & leave the cover off until it dries out somewhat. It's great because it doesn't irritate my skin like the natural deodorants I have bought & it works really well so I'm not tempted to go back to Dove.

That is terrific! It only takes the tiniest bit too! I find using the Milk of Magnesia works so good that I can skip days too.

tankasnowgod

I used to regularly use "Primal Pit Paste" as deodorant, it works well, but it would irritate underarms with constant use. I found that a few drops of Camphosal works excellent as a deodorant, and the effect lasts for a few days. I did that on and off for a couple weeks, and then just stopped using anything. I don't generally get stenchy anymore, so I think it may be "curative." If I did notice odor, or was doing something social, I will still use PPP, as it works great in short bursts. If I notice things getting chronically worse, I go back and hit the camphosal for a few drops over a few days.

what do you use to clean just water? shampoos?

what if you just brush without any toothpaste etc?

I think brushing with water is better than toothpaste, but I use coconut oil for toothpaste and an oat coconut oil soap. Shampoo i haven't figured out a perfect solution except to skin shampoo days to minimize the soap use.

Johhnyb

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread about camphor. I have since tried it and it works really well - from what I understand it does something to the nerve endings for the sweat glands and stop stops you sweating. This of course doesn’t do anything for the bacteria, so off the top of my head a good deodorant / anti-perspirant could be; camphor, ethyl alcohol, white vinegar and maybe some essential oils for a nice smell? No idea of ratios or dosages etc. For the camphor I used two drops of camphosal

Johhnyb

I also sometimes use pine tar soap which works nicely for me, no idea how peaty it is though

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals