Any Guys Here Suffering With A Thin Neck?

Teres

W

Which country are you from?

Bulgaria.

In a previous comment long ago I've expressed a doubt that @Amarsh213 's suggestion for the use of a towel and a plate would be sufficient and efficacious enough for achieving decent results in short time frame. I think I've been too biased, having in mind that I've spend a lot of time in a bridge and similar positions (only) in practice years ago, and the lack of faith in approaches I didn't have much of experience with, if any. I take my doubt back.
What Amarsh213 have suggested can be more efficient, actually. It is less hazardous, there's less potential for unjury, and done with enough volume, frequently, with reasonable (low to moderate) intensity, it can be a complete substitute for neck bridging, if not even better and safer approach, especially for people not competing in wrestling.

GreekDemiGod

Does peating turn us into 'the Danny Roddy' look? :bag:
Do you guys think DR's androgen levels are not extremely high? Probably it's not a priority for him.

Arnold Grape

Does peating turn us into 'the Danny Roddy' look? :bag:
Do you guys think DR's androgen levels are not extremely high? Probably it's not a priority for him.
Yes, it does: save the drastic e-lowering methods for the extremely overweight or people who have eaten like total trash for a lifetime

GreekDemiGod

The real question is what makes somene to have a naturally thick neck without exercising it? Probably testosterone levels during puberty. You can increase androgens all you want in adulthood.
And training neck, though it works,, it has to be permanent. What are you gonna do, train your neck your whole life?

Zigzag

The real question is what makes somene to have a naturally thick neck without exercising it? Probably testosterone levels during puberty. You can increase androgens all you want in adulthood.
And training neck, though it works,, it has to be permanent. What are you gonna do, train your neck your whole life?
Neck training definitely helps, but it's whay you say. Prenatal androgens + early exposure to even more testosterone during puberty.

mrchibbs

I personally think Danny looks great and healthy, he doesn’t need a thick neck or bigger muscles.

GreekDemiGod

@mrchibbs Yes, I agree. Some guys / men are just "born" to have more robust physical features. DR is not one of them. Even if he gets on steroids and puts a lot of muscles, he will still, at his core, maintain frail physical traits.
Likewise, someone with narrow shoulders / torso can put all the muscle he wants, he is still never gonna look as robust as someone with naturally wide shoulders / clavicles.
So all this "low Estrogen will give you a thin neck" is something I'm not buying into. At most, the effects will be minimal. Having moderate vs low Estrogen is not gonna make your neck muscles thicker.

mrchibbs

@mrchibbs Yes, I agree. Some guys / men are just "born" to have more robust physical features. DR is not one of them. Even if he gets on steroids and puts a lot of muscles, he will still, at his core, maintain frail physical traits.
Likewise, someone with narrow shoulders / torso can put all the muscle he wants, he is still never gonna look as robust as someone with naturally wide shoulders / clavicles.
So all this "low Estrogen will give you a thin neck" is something I'm not buying into. At most, the effects will be minimal. Having moderate vs low Estrogen is not gonna make your neck muscles thicker.

Not buying into it AT all, either. I think it is true that most core features are set from the womb to puberty if stress is low and thyroid function adequately, there is more progesterone, testosterone and androstenedione floating around which helps muscles develop, genitals grow bigger etc. Especially depending on muscle use in those years. Of course if you feel that development has been thwarted, exogenous androgens are cool, but ultimately I dont buy the cliche that a real man should have hypertrophy all over and big muscles and torso hair, I don’t think these are accurate conceptions of male health.

Arnold Grape

You all: this is a picture of DR, potentially from 2012-13, when I believe he was relatively new to Peat (i.e. drastic estrogen lowering measures). Please tell me he looks like this now.
F001D107-7412-4497-8300-B65E53297EF9.jpeg

mrchibbs

You all: this is a picture of DR, potentially from 2012-13, when I believe he was relatively new to Peat (i.e. drastic estrogen lowering measures). Please tell me he looks like this now.
View attachment 17384

Yes he doesn't look like this now. He looks younger.

Arnold Grape

Yes he doesn't look like this now. He looks younger.
But you’re talking about the physical characteristics of his neck, which is part and parcel of a discussion about estrogen and its effect on androgens in males. This is not intended to be a rip on DR, but my interpretation of this, augmented by my own experience with eating a certain way, is that on a long timeline, this is not good and/ or will result in feminine characteristics. —$0.02

mrchibbs

But you’re talking about the physical characteristics of his neck, which is part and parcel of a discussion about estrogen and its effect on androgens in males. This is not intended to be a rip on DR, but my interpretation of this, augmented by my own experience with eating a certain way, is that on a long timeline, this is not good and/ or will result in feminine characteristics. —$0.02

I understand that is your perspective. I'm merely countering that to my eyes, he looks really good, and after 8 years of "Peating" (whatever that means lol),
he looks younger and more dynamic at 34 than he did at 26, which to me is much more important than a thick neck, or having more "masculine" traits.
He's got a new GF in Thailand, his libido functions well, and he's creating awesome content on Youtube etc. To me he whatever "feminine" characteristics he may have do not lessen his "manliness", however one may define that term.

Zigzag

I understand that is your perspective. I'm merely countering that to my eyes, he looks really good, and after 8 years of "Peating" (whatever that means lol),
he looks younger and more dynamic at 34 than he did at 26, which to me is much more important than a thick neck, or having more "masculine" traits.
He's got a new GF in Thailand, his libido functions well, and he's creating awesome content on Youtube etc. To me he whatever "feminine" characteristics he may have do not lessen his "manliness", however one may define that term.
He definitely looks very young and healthy which is good. He looks quite weak and harmless though. Generally, looking masculine is desirable.

mrchibbs

He definitely looks very young and healthy which is good. He looks quite weak and harmless though. Generally, looking masculine is desirable.

I mean, sure, if that's what you're going for. He's healthy, confident enough to talk to girls, has good sex, does what he wants.
I had friends in high school and after who were scrawny, not muscular or particularly masculine and "looked quite weak and harmless", and yet they were the most driven, and attracted the most women. What is desirable in terms of masculine features is an individual preference.

GreekDemiGod

View attachment 17384
He looked quite androgenic in this picture, if you ask me. Properly developed jaw/ mandible. Though he definitely skews towards an androgynous look, given his facial and body traits.
I'm guessing he doesn't lift much weights, and if he does, not for aesthetics.

mrchibbs

He looked quite androgenic in this picture, if you ask me. Properly developed jaw/ mandible. Though he definitely skews towards an androgynous look, given his facial and body traits.
I'm guessing he doesn't lift much weights, and if he does, not for aesthetics.

He does calisthenics like pull ups and the likes.

Broco6679

Three years of high dose TRT + getting my deadlift to 550lbs almost doubled the width of my neck.

Unfortunately, the extreme stress of estrogen 2x above range, undetectable progesterone from HPTA / HPA suppression and chronic, excessive exercise ruined my thyroid function, and by-proxy, my health.

I came off the TRT over a year ago and despite training / eating the same, my neck atrophied significantly due to the high cortisol, low androgens and hypothyroidism (all verified by blood tests) that followed.

So ime, it's mainly related to androgens.

YourUniverse

Three years of high dose TRT + getting my deadlift to 550lbs almost doubled the width of my neck.

Unfortunately, the extreme stress of estrogen 2x above range, undetectable progesterone from HPTA / HPA suppression and chronic, excessive exercise ruined my thyroid function, and by-proxy, my health.

I came off the TRT over a year ago and despite training / eating the same, my neck atrophied significantly due to the high cortisol, low androgens and hypothyroidism (all verified by blood tests) that followed.

So ime, it's mainly related to androgens.
I always hear a big deadlift will build a big neck but that didnt happen to me. @Broco6679 do your upper and lower teeth rest neatly together? I notice my jaw does not sit neatly in my mouth, probably making my face and neck muscles over work (my neck is always fatigued and tight)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals