Any Guys Here Suffering With A Thin Neck?

Arrade

LOL

I guess Ray Peat should be added to that as well - but he's like 80.

I wish Haidut would share what he looks like (no homo) but just to see if all his anti-aging supps have been worthwhile or not.
Danny obviously doesn't lift weights but if you read his book he took finasteride ( dht removing drug) in his late teens/early 20s which would mess up masculine development

Arrade

I have a thin neck from radiation treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma over 30 years ago.. muscle atrophy occurred right after... any advice on this or the same as above? Loss of fat cells too
Well rounded diet with 40 protein/40 carbs/20 fat or so.
Get adequate protein .5-1g per lb bodyweight

Cleans and the variations (power clean) I think is one fo the best bets. Deadlifts are also good. Squats maybe third best as you have to look forward to maintain good squat position.
Dips are also great for this, not tricep dips but whole body dips. I'm thinking the floating dips at the machine that has pads so you can hold yourself and do leg extensions.
Increasing androgen profile and eating as much as your body can handle

Spondive

Well rounded diet with 40 protein/40 carbs/20 fat or so.
Get adequate protein .5-1g per lb bodyweight

Cleans and the variations (power clean) I think is one fo the best bets. Deadlifts are also good. Squats maybe third best as you have to look forward to maintain good squat position.
Dips are also great for this, not tricep dips but whole body dips. I'm thinking the floating dips at the machine that has pads so you can hold yourself and do leg extensions.
Increasing androgen profile and eating as much as your body can handle

Thanks

Ihor

Regarding calorie intake: I posted about a similar problem a few months ago, and I didnt believe theLaw when he told me to increase calorie intake. I thought certainly I would gain weight. I DID gain weight at the beginning, but that was before I figured things out, peat-style, for my context. I maintain my weight at just shy of 5000 calories, being basically sedentary. I would recommend figuring out your metabolic problems (which is why we're all here anyway :p) and not being afraid of calories, at least until you do.

Keys like avoiding pufa, calcium:phosphous ratio, salting and sugaring to taste, saturated fat with starches (but otherwise lowish fat), and in my situation (and probably yours too), focusing keenly on liver health, which include caffeine + k2 + taurine + ~120g protein, and you should be fine. High protein is good for the liver, and caffeine is good for the liver, but you do NOT want to mix high caffeine with high protein, or ammonia will rise.
Сould you explain mechanism how caffeine or combination from caffeine and protein can rise ammonia?

Motif

Cheese, coconut oil, rice, butter, 1% and skim milk, carrots, vinegar, coffee, sucrose, orange juice, maybe some bananas [edit: bread, eggs, and ofc salt - forgetting some things]. This was during an experiment where I ate whatever I wanted, but recorded everything precisely - coming from a calorie restriction background, and one devoid of dairy at that, I was curious what my metabolism was truly capable of. Now, I dont eat like this currently, nor do i record my intake anymore - its no way to live, although I have a good eyeball gauge of things, and when I eat below 4000 calories, I tend to "binge" at least a few days later in one form or another. My body wants the calories and it will get them!

How high is your sugar intake from this ?

5000 calories ... I wish I could eat that much

YourUniverse

Сould you explain mechanism how caffeine or combination from caffeine and protein can rise ammonia?
No, I can't. It's paraphrased from a haidut quote (he recommended not combining high caffeine and high protein at the same meal)

How high is your sugar intake from this ?

5000 calories ... I wish I could eat that much
Me too. This post is old, I eat probably 1000 calories less now (and maintain a lower body weight)

Danny obviously doesn't lift weights but if you read his book he took finasteride ( dht removing drug) in his late teens/early 20s which would mess up masculine development

I highly doubt it would have that severe of an impact.

Arnold Grape

danjimchris.jpg

FC855816-83C6-46EB-AF58-1686F1F4FD74.png

Seems like this is the change that might occur if you lower your e on a continual basis.

dreamcatcher

I was just using meat and potatoes as an example of an easy way to increase calories.

You would definitely want to keep liver, eggs, oysters, and carrot salad in the diet for basic nutrients.:thumbsup:

From RP:

10 ounces = 22.68Tbsp = 1097 calories:fire::fire::fire:
Wow! Goes to the kitchen, takes out sugar.

bboone

the neck is the easiest muscle group to grow for anyone with normal hormone levels. seriously, just lay on the edge of your bed with your head sticking out and then let it down and "curl" it back up as many times as you can. do this once a day and you'll have a significantly thicker neck after a month

I’ve always had a very thin neck. No matter how much weight I put on, fat or muscle, it’s always looked underdeveloped. It kinda ruins my physique overall, and makes me look weird in certain clothes.

Does anyone happen to know anything about hormones and neck development? Can it be a sign of low androgens? Is it posture related?
Have you tried getting a neck harness?

I heard training the neck could be bad, but maybe it's specific exercises
Link to Mike Tyson neck traning
Misc.

Nice to see that Tyson's simple bodyweight movement was no less effective than today's machines. I wonder if his neck feels better or worse at his current age as a result.

High volume overhead pressing and snatch grip romanian deadlifts must have done the trick for me.

ShotTrue

Nice to see that Tyson's simple bodyweight movement was no less effective than today's machines. I wonder if his neck feels better or worse at his current age as a result.

High volume overhead pressing and snatch grip romanian deadlifts must have done the trick for me.
I agree that neck grows from compounds like you state here.
Btw I think one of the goals while trying for mass should be raising test serum levels

Waynish

What is his age? His face is quite youthful , like skin quality and brightness could pass for early 20s

He can't pass for early 20s, I don't know him personally... I'm all for judging lots of things by appearance, but Haidut's mind is more than sharp enough. If anyone is to be judged by their interview performance vs health knowledge it would be Peat. Having to take a breath before you can finish a sentence reminds me of thyroid hormone overdoses I've seen. Of course, anything is excusable at his age.

A.R

W
This is the one and only truth and there's no second. I've always been with a thick neck and I owe it, I'm certain, to the freestyle wrestling practice in my early childhood to the late teens. During practice, for years, every day my scalp has been in contact with the mat for a long time, the neck bearing the entire weight of the upper body and sometimes the whole one, while switching positions and executing techniques. For hours. Every day. For yearts. The sport has always been not just a sport but a culture in religious dimensions in my country and from my generation, in my town, there was no boy with a thin neck. Years after cessation of daily wrestling practice, I believe the results are possibly irreversible.

I doubt.
Which country are you from?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals