Any good supplement substitute for gelatin?

manboadriano

Please advice. I live in Japan and here gelatin supplements are not allowed to be imported so I can’t order them online. What do you think would be a viable alternative for me to something like great lakes green tube gelatin??

tara

Check if there is a local source of additive-free gelatine powder. Or collagen hydrolysate.
Buy gelatinous beef or mutton soup bones and cook your own broths. Or chicken feet. You can remove the fat from the top after the stock has cooled.

BingDing

They don't have what we call Jello in Japan? The green can is hydrolysate but the red can is the same as Jello, or Knox brand or generic gelatin. Lots of foods are made with it like marshmallows and gummi candies.

Or smuggle it in!

OP
M

manboadriano

BingDing said:
They don't have what we call Jello in Japan? The green can is hydrolysate but the red can is the same as Jello, or Knox brand or generic gelatin. Lots of foods are made with it like marshmallows and gummi candies.

Or smuggle it in!

Yes, there is jello in japan! also there are some broth type foods like nabe and sukiyaki that should be good for me to eat more

haidut

Forum Supporter
manboadriano said:
BingDing said:

Or smuggle it in!

Yes, there is jello in japan! also there are some broth type foods like nabe and sukiyaki that should be good for me to eat more

The main reason to consume gelatin is for the amino acid glycine. In theory, taking glycine supplements should have very similar effects. In addition, the amino acids taurine and beta alanine bind to the same "receptor" as glycine, so should have very similar effects as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals