Any Good Peaty Minoxidil Alternative?

Maybe give stemoxydine a try. It is a growth stimulant, not as strong as minoxidil but with a different mechanism. It isn't hormonal so theoretically it may help with beard growth although I don't think I know of anyone who has tried it for this purpose.

Here is a good video comparing minoxidil and stemoxydine that really breaks down the research.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R27yKMo0r7E&t=31s

aniciete

I drink a lot of strong coffee but, but with little results. Perhaps topical caffeine? Although I wouldn't know how to go about it.
Yes topical, thats what i was referring to.

CiggyTardust

Yes topical, thats what i was referring to.
Very interesting. I've stayed away from Minoxidil for beard growth because I'm leery of side effects/triggering hormonal imbalances. While that study shows caffeine can restore hair growth better than minoxidil, I wonder if it can actually stimulate new follicles in the same way (I doubt it but who knows)

aniciete

Very interesting. I've stayed away from Minoxidil for beard growth because I'm leery of side effects/triggering hormonal imbalances. While that study shows caffeine can restore hair growth better than minoxidil, I wonder if it can actually stimulate new follicles in the same way (I doubt it but who knows)
Id like to believe the caffeine stimulates new follicles because I’ve been using haiduts solban on my face for around 6 months and my beard is definitely growing in spots it wasn’t before. But it also could just be because I’m still a teenager, so I’m not sure.

Borz

Forum Supporter
I read that Minoxidil works as a potassium channel opener. the molecule Magnesium-ADP does the same thing, and I read from someone here that topical magnesium can increase this Magnesium-ADP. so right now I’m experimenting with Haidut’s Magnoil on beard. garlic is another thing that works as a potassium channel opener, and interestingly rubbing garlic is an old remedy for beard growth in certain places. so I’m experimenting with that as well. lastly I’m also trying Copenhagen Grooming’s Activator daily with their derma roller twice a week. in addition to these, using DHT/11-keto-DHT/Androsterone topically is a good idea. red light too.

golder

I read that Minoxidil works as a potassium channel opener. the molecule Magnesium-ADP does the same thing, and I read from someone here that topical magnesium can increase this Magnesium-ADP. so right now I’m experimenting with Haidut’s Magnoil on beard. garlic is another thing that works as a potassium channel opener, and interestingly rubbing garlic is an old remedy for beard growth in certain places. so I’m experimenting with that as well. lastly I’m also trying Copenhagen Grooming’s Activator daily with their derma roller twice a week. in addition to these, using DHT/11-keto-DHT/Androsterone topically is a good idea. red light too.
Extremely interested to hear your results on this, great logic/idea. Could you keep us posted on how you get on?