Any Good D3/K2 supps?

PurpleHeart

I did some routine blood tests recently and although everything is pretty good my D is low and my calcium is borderline high as expected with low D.

what's strange is that my mother has exactly the same profile as me, the doctor recommended a combinations of K2 and D3, but he said to stay on the low side of things, no high doses.

So I would like some supplement recommendations.

Do you guys know any good topicals?

what is your experience with different ROA's and supplements.

Thanks.

meatbag

I did some routine blood tests recently and although everything is pretty good my D is low and my calcium is borderline high as expected with low D.

what's strange is that my mother has exactly the same profile as me, the doctor recommended a combinations of K2 and D3, but he said to stay on the low side of things, no high doses.

Thanks.
this site has info on a lot of good supplements, additive free, etc.
Directory of foods and supplements without questionable additives - Toxinless

stoic

I used Thorne’s d3/k2
I'm currently using this.

Some people have raised concerns about its authenticity when buying from third party sellers (even iherb and amazon), so I would only recommend the product if buying from Thorne directly.

You wouldn't want to be ingesting vegetable oils without knowing it.

OP
P

PurpleHeart

I'm currently using this.

Some people have raised concerns about its authenticity when buying from third party sellers (even iherb and amazon), so I would only recommend the product if buying from Thorne directly.

You wouldn't want to be ingesting vegetable oils without knowing it.
Good info I was thinking about Thorne's maybe I'll go with it

B

Blaze

Thanks.
I use Jarrows "K Right" and would highly recommend it.

johnsmith

Based on the blood work I've had done, I suspect topical Idealabs Calcirol is significantly more effective per IU than the oral vitamin D supplements that I've tried, and being able to choose which body part you want to put it on can be useful.

OP
P

PurpleHeart

Based on the blood work I've had done, I suspect topical Idealabs Calcirol is significantly more effective per IU than the oral vitamin D supplements that I've tried, and being able to choose which body part you want to put it on can be useful.
I am really interested in this maybe I will order, thanks.

B

Blaze

Have you noticed any health improvement that you assume is due to D3/K2 suplementation?
Well, any improvement that I might feel compelled to ascribe to a supplement is subjective and completely based on my fallible human judgement and really could conceivably be due to another compounding factor. That being said, I am a believer in the benefits of D and K supplementation. Other than that, I am basically against all supplements , especially in super physiological doses. In my opinion, most supplements do more harm than good unless your body is extremely deficient.

Vins7

Well, any improvement that I might feel compelled to ascribe to a supplement is subjective and completely based on my fallible human judgement and really could conceivably be due to another compounding factor. That being said, I am a believer in the benefits of D and K supplementation. Other than that, I am basically against all supplements , especially in super physiological doses. In my opinion, most supplements do more harm than good unless your body is extremely deficient.
Well, any subjective improvement noticed with D and K?

B

Blaze

Well, any subjective improvement noticed with D and K?
I had some bone aches and pains at one time. Well, I was taking it for the synergistic effect, when they working together and then effect calcium metabolism they supposedly do much to improve bone health.
Interestingly enough, the only improvement that I could actually feel was more of a mental / sense of well being effect. Vitamin D seems to help my mental state.
I still take it daily........... to maintain healthy bone production is my goal since I'm 60. But, it's not something I am measuring with dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry or anything. Therefore, it is a subjective belief on my part since I am not measuring my bone density. As always, take my advice with a grain of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals