Any Downsides To Training Yourself To Spend A Lot Of Time In Alpha / (conscious) Low Theta Wave?

GreekDemiGod

If you've read books like Silva Method or Power of Your Subconscious mind.
I do this for the purpose of manifesting and reprogramming my subconscious mind.
I am now very skilled at going in remaining into deep alpha states (self hypnosis) for about 30m - 1hr before sleep. I can also sometimes remain conscious in low theta state (something that requires one to be very skilled).

My question is are there any downsides to this, and if yes, what measures should I take? I read somewhere that it's good practice to always use a trigger when coming out of alpha state, to not accustom your brain to remain that way.

Lollipop2

Yes. Alpha state is where you are very open to suggestions. Young toddlers are in that state all the time and thus why advertisements and mindless TV babysitting are almost criminal and tragic for an open suggestible mind in alpha state.

opethfeldt

Alpha waves are associated with good health. I think it's optimal to have a large amount of alpha waves most of the time. They improve performance as well. People who are very skilled at something display high alpha wave activity while performing the task. Theanine achieves most of its benefits from increasing alpha waves and meditation can do the same. As for downsides, being spacey is one potential side effect but I haven't had an issue as long as I promote beta waves with caffeine.

alephx

@GreekDemiGod This is very interesting, when I was a teen my father enrolled me and some friends in the Silva course, it was life changing and yet I never could stick with it more than a couple month at a time. What would you say are the benefits you have seen from your focused practice? What kind of exercises do you do? In my view, something I think makes it "less dangerous" than eastern meditation, is that (at least the way I would do it) you always stay in control and not try to become some mindless/wantless zombie.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom