Any contamination risk with Alpha Lipoic Acid?

Astolfo

Maybe because of cheap manufacturing process, are there any risk of impurity/heavy metal contamination with ALA supplements?

konatowntom

Dr Burt Berkson only recommends Alpha Lipoic Acid ingredients that have been sourced from Europe. I have found that the majority of ALA supplements are sourced from China and these I would avoid. The one that I use and has been verified by the company that the ingredients are from Europe is Bio-Tech. I spoke to someone at Dr Berkson's medical center in Las Cruces, NM and was told that they use the Bio-Tech product and also one other that I can't remember. Here is the information for Dr Berkson's office.
Integrative Medical Center
1155 Commerce Dr. Ste. C
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Phone: (575) 524-3720

Broken man

Dr Burt Berkson only recommends Alpha Lipoic Acid ingredients that have been sourced from Europe. I have found that the majority of ALA supplements are sourced from China and these I would avoid. The one that I use and has been verified by the company that the ingredients are from Europe is Bio-Tech. I spoke to someone at Dr Berkson's medical center in Las Cruces, NM and was told that they use the Bio-Tech product and also one other that I can't remember. Here is the information for Dr Berkson's office.
Integrative Medical Center
1155 Commerce Dr. Ste. C
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Phone: (575) 524-3720
Please do you have email address of Dr Burt Berkson? I would like to ask him about one study. Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals