Any Chance To Get A 88 Year Old Woman More Active Again?

Motif

i guess not really, right ?

She’s just laying around, doesn’t want to go out anymore, almost always on the couch, has a fake hip, can’t walk without help anymore, probably depressed because her daughter died.

I guess she won’t be around too long anymore. Any idea how to extend her life for some more time?

Amazoniac

A trainer (such as those that work in rehabilitation) that's enthusiastic could work for this purpose. It has to be something different to snap her out of boredom and modotomy, but the person has to be proactive, she might choose the path of least resistance and give in to the positivity. Someone that's not part of her circle will break her routine, can bring along expectation, some excitement, goals, and so on. As you can tell, it's not so much about the activity, but giving her reasons to live. Hopefully it's not a close relative of yours, people know when they're being let go. You seem well-intentioned, but distraction to death is a toxin, dangerous, should be regulated as drugs.

Runenight201

Unless she has something worth living for, what need does she have to keep on living? We aren’t meant to be here forever. Life runs it’s course and then expires, and the material returns to earth, to begin its process in anew creation.

I remember when my grandmother’s health began to falter. Most of my family members were doing everything to try and keep her alive. When I jested to her that she would live to 100, she told me that she hoped to God that she would not. The pain of existence was too great, and she told me she was ready to go whenever. Her husband had been passed for 30 years. She had born children, who each had children, who had all grown and began their own lives. Each caught up in their own stories. Our books being written, but her ink had dried up. The pen would not hold ink anymore, and all the doctors and pills in the world could not write a new line. How cruel I felt it to force her existence, when she wanted surrender. I loved her, and because of that I wanted her to go.

I do not know this lady, and perhaps there is still life in her, but if the time has run up, it is only natural to let it go.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Someone we know who is in their 90s had some health problems recently that depressed her. For years I had encouraged her to go live with her daughter because the daughter had asked her to. The 90 year old made the decision herself and it has helped her immensely. Perhaps there is a relative who she could live with and get a change of scenery.

tara

If her daughter has recently died, then grief is to be expected. Unless the tears etc are shed, that can get in the way of enjoying life.

Then, what might she enjoy? Does she have good company, people she cares about and who care about her, music she enjoys, people who will dance with her, people to take her to places she finds beautiful and interesting?

Does she have goals that she might want help in pursuing?

orewashin

What kind of music does she like? It may bring back good memories and bring her comfort.

Amazoniac

I do not know this lady, and perhaps there is still life in her, but if the time has run up, it is only natural to let it go.
I disagree with this because even if the person explicitly manifests the wish to die, a depressed suicidal young one might do the same, so the reasoning would apply to both: they're suffering, just let go. It's the question that I asked a while ago another member: what is enough living? Maybe an intervention switches the state when someone would otherwise be considered doomed.

- The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"The older the person is, the more emphasis should be put on protective inhibition, rather than immediately increasing energy production."​

I know an elderly woman who was being stolen by her caretaker, she was aware of it and refused to have someone else (and she had the option to). It was not out of manipulation, it's because the person was genuinely cheerful and brought joy to her life to the point that she didn't mind losing objects, food and money. To be fair, the family was replacing the losses as much as possible and the consequences of the crimes was being minimized, but she was still losing a lot of stuff, yet having a personal entertainer had more value for her.

upload_2020-6-23_8-42-36.png

Last edited:

shine

My grandma is 84 and had a stroke. She had difficulties with everyday activities and needed a lot of help.
She has trouble communicating, mixes up words and says words that make no sense, gibberish.
I learned her way of communicating and now understand her pretty well.
She was very depressed and broken, it hurt seeing her like that.

I convinced her to take pregnenolone (15mg/day), a B complex, some extra thiamine/allithiamine and 200mg vitamin C. This has greatly improved her independence. She can warm her own food on the stove that we prepare for her and takes daily walks with her small dog. The dog especially brought back happiness into her life, she has a mission, someone who needs her and she can care for. If a dog is not an option because of physical disability, maybe a house cat could help her. I strongly believe in the therapeutic effects of pets.

I would try to convince her to take pregnenolone, it is effective against depression, feelings of loneliness and promotes activity. It helped my grandma a lot.

LucyL

i guess not really, right ?

She’s just laying around, doesn’t want to go out anymore, almost always on the couch, has a fake hip, can’t walk without help anymore, probably depressed because her daughter died.

I guess she won’t be around too long anymore. Any idea how to extend her life for some more time?
At 88, probably the gut needs some attention. Maybe some strategies to reduce seratonin? And coritsol? Magnesium, Vit D, CortiNon, etc

Runenight201

I disagree with this because even if the person explicitly manifests the wish to die, a depressed suicidal young one might do the same, so the reasoning would apply to both: they're suffering, just let go. It's the question that I asked a while ago another member: what is enough living? Maybe an intervention switches the state when someone would otherwise be considered doomed.

- The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"The older the person is, the more emphasis should be put on protective inhibition, rather than immediately increasing energy production."​

I know an elderly woman who was being stolen by her caretaker, she was aware of it and refused to have someone else (and she had the option to). It was not out of manipulation, it's because the person was genuinely cheerful and brought joy to her life to the point that she didn't mind losing objects, food and money. To be fair, the family was replacing the losses as much as possible and the consequences of the crimes was being minimized, but she was still losing a lot of stuff, yet having a personal entertainer had more value for her.

It certainly is anything but trivial, as with many of the controversial issues in our world, but I think worth the discussion of all the possible options. It certainly is a tragedy for a suicidal individual, who would not have ended their life if they had access to proper intervention.

Certain states in the US have right to die laws, which allow an individual with a terminal illness with 6 months or left to live to have physician assisted suicide. The individual who’s existence is mere suffering, who has had life run its course, what need do they have to suffer more when the end is imminently inevitable (as it is for all of us)?

As much as we like to believe we have all the answers, we really don’t. Humans age and die. I have yet to see an exception. Perhaps Dave Asprey will prove me wrong in 100 years, but I doubt that. Age is a critical factor in my response. Most people can tell the difference between someone who is young and still physically healthy vs elderly, frail, and weak. A suicidal young person can have their depression addressed and still look forward to many years of relatively pain free existence. Many elderly people, even if sound of mind, will have to undergo many days, months, and years, of their freedoms slowly stripped from them as they become physically unable to take care of themselves as their bodies literally fall apart.

I believe in the ease of suffering. All elderly people shouldn’t be maltreated or encouraged to die. Many do live happily in their old age. I do believe in a stage of life, where the individual has recognized that the sum total of their life has been reached, that the energy has reached its end, and the individual has come to peace with their eventual death. Rather than fight the inevitable, at great physical, emotional, and financial cost, it may be best to ease suffering and provide comfort as they ride out their last stage in life at peace and acceptance.

Amazoniac

It certainly is anything but trivial, as with many of the controversial issues in our world, but I think worth the discussion of all the possible options. It certainly is a tragedy for a suicidal individual, who would not have ended their life if they had access to proper intervention.

Certain states in the US have right to die laws, which allow an individual with a terminal illness with 6 months or left to live to have physician assisted suicide. The individual who’s existence is mere suffering, who has had life run its course, what need do they have to suffer more when the end is imminently inevitable (as it is for all of us)?

As much as we like to believe we have all the answers, we really don’t. Humans age and die. I have yet to see an exception. Perhaps Dave Asprey will prove me wrong in 100 years, but I doubt that. Age is a critical factor in my response. Most people can tell the difference between someone who is young and still physically healthy vs elderly, frail, and weak. A suicidal young person can have their depression addressed and still look forward to many years of relatively pain free existence. Many elderly people, even if sound of mind, will have to undergo many days, months, and years, of their freedoms slowly stripped from them as they become physically unable to take care of themselves as their bodies literally fall apart.

I believe in the ease of suffering. All elderly people shouldn’t be maltreated or encouraged to die. Many do live happily in their old age. I do believe in a stage of life, where the individual has recognized that the sum total of their life has been reached, that the energy has reached its end, and the individual has come to peace with their eventual death. Rather than fight the inevitable, at great physical, emotional, and financial cost, it may be best to ease suffering and provide comfort as they ride out their last stage in life at peace and acceptance.
The person described doesn't seem to be terminal, it's the acceptance that they're apt to die at a time when more effort would be required for recovery that's terminating.

pboy is an exception.

Last edited:

orewashin

The person described doesn't seem to be terminal, it's the acceptance that they're apt to die at a time when more effort would be required for recovery that's terminating.

pboy is an exception.
What about pboy?

Runenight201

pboy is an exception.

It’s a subjective, personal decision at the end of the day. Neither of us know the lady and her exact circumstances. I can only provide the voice of the side which represents a peaceful surrender back to the dust from which we came. I see nothing wrong that, but ultimately we may disagree on that value.

What about pboy?

It’s a joke. He was a forum member who, if I’m remember correctly, planned to use peats ideas to become immortal. I do believe he was 100% serious, but @Amazoniac could probably give better context.

Amazoniac

It’s a subjective, personal decision at the end of the day. Neither of us know the lady and her exact circumstances. I can only provide the voice of the side which represents a peaceful surrender back to the dust from which we came. I see nothing wrong that, but ultimately we may disagree on that value.
I had to consult my crystal ball for this one because it's a controversial topic. :crystalball:
What follows is no longer my opinion, I'm the media for esoteric activity.

Regarding the suicide, living is optional, although killing yourself requires courage, just as it's needed to admit when a sick person is not worth the effort. It gets to a point where attempting to save one life at low chances of return risks devitalizing too many people. It's similar to the climbers' dillema of having to cut the rope and kill the last to save the others.

However, this mindset tends us towards having a lazy attitude in face of challenges. It's easy to picture how it can be relaxed to blame it on nature running its course with abandonment occurring too early to spare those around the sick person, I've witnessed it a few times and it's only fine if you're not the one in need for help. 'It was better this way' is a funeral cliché, there are comedy sketches with it, at times people invoke it without even giving a thought about what the deceased was enduring, and it preserves their peace not to because they'll eventually wonder how things could has beened if they had intervened.

People in these conditions (just like a suicidal person) can only imagine two scenarios: continue suffering or dying. It's not surprising that some will choose death because nothing better is offered. They're stuck and can't visualize an escape, it's not useful for them to have those around feeding into it. This is why a hired trainer can't be compassionate, the professional has to have a strong frame and inspire the sick person to change the ways by contagious vitality.

If two persons develop the same syndrome, the young is encouraged to recover while the old must be getting ready to die. It paves way for absurd things like both experiencing cognitive impairment but only the old one getting the Alzheimer's disease diagnose with relatives accepting its fate as part of life. These standards are dangerous, be should drugs as regulated.
What about pboy?
Like Runenight mentioned, he was a member, but didn't have plans to become immortal because he already is, was probably trying to fit in with mortals.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

You can bet that if the rats from the 'Learned helplessness' experiments knew how to write, those that were able to escape would be writing biographies, would become best-selling authors for inspiring and giving hope for other rodents that had doubts if it was worth resisting.

upload_2020-6-24_8-52-38.png

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Cancer and Wisdom of the Body: New Medicine - On death and dying Kubler-Ross

"One begins contemplating death when WOB sends signals of dis-ease. Particularly in a chronic disease like cancer. However dis-ease is not a death signal. It is a message to the mind that WOB needs help. For WOB death is meaningless, only the mind may take dis-ease as a death indicator. Why should the mind expect death when its major role is to assist WOB in sustaining life? The notion of death is inspired by the society and its culture."​

Amazoniac

The idea of intoxicating the person is good. You don't want to pay attention to those that say 'you don't want to..' because they don't know what you want and are trying to impose on you what they want you to want, but as someone gets older, it becomes difficult to accomplish it through the skin. Even though they're less prone to be KKK targets due to reduced melatonin, the also reduced 7-dehydrocholesterol concentration will require more exposure to synthesize the same amount when they probably need more killciol and have a harder time recovering, which is why supplementation isn't a bad idea.

akgrrrl

Some years ago a man I had trained in Health topics for a State agency called me out of the blue, asked if I would consider flying to CA to provide care and companionship to his 74yr old mother who was not eating and determined to die. She had a fab home with gardens and a pool. She lay in a hospital bed on oxygen 2 steps from her toilet for 3 years. I started swimming laps each day after a morning chat with her and a green smoothie.i pursued her with questions on everything I knew she had been in her life, opened windows, cleaned house, picked flowers, sang songs, recited poetry. Within 2weeks she was shuffling outside to the pool without her oxygen. Thereafter she hired a cook to continue the gourmet meals I was preparing, another woman to assist her with bathing, dressing and her hair. After 3wks I went home, and she has since sent for me twice in 2 years more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals