Any branded RP friendly snacks/deserts?

Jennifer

@Rafe, gotcha. Maybe if you combine the two recipes—1 egg, 1 mashed banana, 1 TBSP cocoa powder and butter—the banana will keep it from drying out and the cocoa powder will absorb the excess liquid from the banana? I’m not sure if the cheese helps to bind the liquid somehow, but my banana and chocolate soufflé has never turned out runny.

Where’s @Sefton10 ?

He’s a honey mentor, too.

True. He’s Mr. Bee Bread.

Most commercial chocolate at least in Europe should be ok as they all use saturated fat e.g like most of Nestlè's lineup. I imagine most people here would get up in arms about the lecithin though. I worked in one of the Cadbury's factory when it used to be based in the North West of the UK(in Moreton) and not owned by Kraft when i was in my mid teens and the amount of lecithin used in the final mix was not even a whole percent of the whole recipe. I doubt this has changed much since using a lot of lecithin in chocolate makes it incredibly greasy tasting. I'd be more weary of things like hot chocolate mixes and ice cream when it comes to worrying amounts of lecithin

Of course you should also avoid anything commercial that contains wheat in it. as more often than not and especially in the UK it's fortified

Jennifer

Ha! Ha! Hey I forgot to ask, what did you think of the honeycomb?

I loved it! I liked chewing the wax after sucking out the honey. lol

I’m still waiting for @Rinse & rePeat and @Jennifer to report back on any bee bread experiments to see if they’re getting on the bandwagon!

Sadly, my last experiment with honey ended with the honeycomb. I planned on making the bee bread next, but I’ve had to give up honey for the unseeable future—it was causing the tinnitus and allergy to fruit I had developed. Since removing it from my diet, I’m finally free of the ringing and consuming at least 4 kilos worth of fruit daily without issue. :thumbsup:

Sefton10

I’ve had to give up honey for the unseeable future—it was causing the tinnitus and allergy to fruit I had developed. Since removing it from my diet, I’m finally free of the ringing and consuming at least 4 kilos worth of fruit daily without issue. :thumbsup:
Bummer. What in the honey are you putting it down to, salicylate maybe?

I loved it! I liked chewing the wax after sucking out the honey. lol

Sadly, my last experiment with honey ended with the honeycomb. I planned on making the bee bread next, but I’ve had to give up honey for the unseeable future—it was causing the tinnitus and allergy to fruit I had developed. Since removing it from my diet, I’m finally free of the ringing and consuming at least 4 kilos worth of fruit daily without issue. :thumbsup:

Oh wow! You were eating a crazy lot of it. Didn't you say sometimes a whole jar in a day?

changeling188

jelly (lime flavour is the best imo), some of those asian style jelly products like the jelly pouches or the exotic fruit jellies providing it has gelatine and not agar, gelatine lollies like lolly snakes, ignoring the soya lecithin then a lot of chocolate bars like Cherry Ripe which i love :) marshmallows too. i'm noticing more and more potato chips or chip products fried in monounsaturated fat or coconut oil lately as well. Not sure how this fits into RP framework but maybe liquorice as well. We have this cool brand in Australia called Pana which makes chocolate, icecream, truffles and some other things with coconut milk and coconut fats and they are delicious but very expensive so a lot of people steal them. It's marketed to vegans. The urban legend is at culinary school they challenge students to make their chocolate with the listed ingredients to demonstrate it's impossible ;). Actually most of the vegan icecreams are coconut based and have less additives and the coconut flavour really complements a lot of icecream flavours anyway, so in a weird unexpected way they end up being kind of more authentic and less contaminated than the dairy icecreams. Boost Juice here as well is a popular franchise serving smoothies made with tropical fruits and sorbet.

funny anecdote is they have just launched the most wretched product here. It's somewhat Ray Peat approved. it's basically bacon bits and cheese in a cup, and you crack and egg in it and whisk it and microwave it and it's marketed as breakfast on the go. It's called Primo Scrambles and it is extremely ugly. Well maybe I shouldn't be a hater because eggs is better than cereal which is what most people choose.

Attachments

• 19300617408748.png
    19300617408748.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
I am liking these lately. They come in several flavors, but I have only tried the parmesan garlic. I have pepper jack and gouda ordered and on the way!

UPDATE:

I tried the pepper jack and the gouda flavored Moon Cheese and they tasted like the Moon Cheese I didn't like years ago. The garlic parmesan is MUCH crunchier and has so much more WOW flavor! They still have value with a good amount of protein and calcium, so I will redeem them with a sprinkle of taco seasoning and see how that tastes.

Jennifer

Bummer. What in the honey are you putting it down to, salicylate maybe?

Honestly, I’m not too sure, but I don’t think it’s salicylates since I eat fruit high in them without issue.

Bee bread!:ss2

@Jennifer kitchen chemistry project yay.

Haha! Yay indeed.

Oh wow! You were eating a crazy lot of it. Didn't you say sometimes a whole jar in a day?

Yep, some days I was going through a kilo of it to make up for the lack of ripe fruit. Honey came back as non-allergenic on my prick test so I figured it was safe and I must have been reacting to something else in my diet. It took eating one food for days at a time to narrow it down. Knowing what I know now, I was reacting to honey even years before when I was having just a spoonful of it a day.

Actually most of the vegan icecreams are coconut based and have less additives and the coconut flavour really complements a lot of icecream flavours anyway, so in a weird unexpected way they end up being kind of more authentic and less contaminated than the dairy icecreams.

I agree. I used to get coconut-based ice cream for my grandmother because of her intolerance to dairy and she really liked it and at the time, it was some of the cleanest ice cream on the market that I could find. I also like the flavor of it and prefer it to dairy-based ice cream because it doesn’t weigh me down like the latter.

supercoolguy

Theo Chocolate

No Lecithin in their Chocolates.
Wholesome ingredients across the spectrum of products ive looked into.
Best ive found. Right here in the USA.

Ive mostly tried the 70% and 45% chocolate bars and a couple others.

Last edited:
Yep, some days I was going through a kilo of it to make up for the lack of ripe fruit. Honey came back as non-allergenic on my prick test so I figured it was safe and I must have been reacting to something else in my diet. It took eating one food for days at a time to narrow it down. Knowing what I know now, I was reacting to honey even years before when I was having just a spoonful of it a day.
Sounds like you may have an INTOLERANCE to salycites....

"Salicylates are naturally occurring chemicals that protect plants against bacteria, pests and disease. People with salicylate sensitivity can have adverse reactions to the accumulation of salicylates in their body. People with tinnitus can experience a worsening of their symptoms when exposed to salicylates, according to the Journal of Neurosciences. Foods that contain salicylates include fruits such as dried fruit, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberry, oranges, pineapples, raisins, raspberries, strawberries and tangerines. Vegetables with salicylates include peppers, tomatoes, and canned green olives. Other foods with salicylates include almonds, peanuts with skins on, coconut oil, olive oil, processed lunch meats, corn syrup, honey, jams and peppermint."

Jennifer

Sounds like you may have an INTOLERANCE to salycites....

"Salicylates are naturally occurring chemicals that protect plants against bacteria, pests and disease. People with salicylate sensitivity can have adverse reactions to the accumulation of salicylates in their body. People with tinnitus can experience a worsening of their symptoms when exposed to salicylates, according to the Journal of Neurosciences. Foods that contain salicylates include fruits such as dried fruit, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberry, oranges, pineapples, raisins, raspberries, strawberries and tangerines. Vegetables with salicylates include peppers, tomatoes, and canned green olives. Other foods with salicylates include almonds, peanuts with skins on, coconut oil, olive oil, processed lunch meats, corn syrup, honey, jams and peppermint."

Thank you for the link, Rinse. The plants I consume are all high or very high in salicylates but I don’t react to them, only honey.

aniciete

I’ve had to give up honey for the unseeable future—it was causing the tinnitus and allergy to fruit I had developed.
So since you started the honey you could no longer tolerate the fruit you were eating before? I think I’m in the same boat right now. I started eating massive amounts of honey and I’ve become sensitive to melons and pineapple. I found this post and it seems like this matches my experience, instead of coconut oil it’s honey causing me cross reactions.
I have also noticed the feeling of a lump in the throat if I overdo coconut oil (Th2 immunogenic response,) and I think this is via several mechanisms. Coconut oil contains salicylates, which I suspect can cross-react with fruit salicylates

Jennifer

@aniciete, yep, exactly that. What symptoms do you experience when you have melons and pineapple? I thought maybe it had to do with honey’s acidity irritating my gut because I was running to the bathroom within minutes of having some or that I had built up a pollen allergy because I was consuming so much of it and melons, particularly honeydew, my main melon of choice, are a common trigger for those with pollen allergies. When I did the skin prick test, honey was tested, but it didn’t produce a reaction other than a red spot—if allergic, it would have produced a hive—but if I eat honey, I get hives within minutes. Fruits weren’t tested, though, I suppose it doesn’t matter because honey came back negative and yet I clearly have an allergic reaction to it. I consume herbs daily that are high in salicylates and other compounds plentiful in fruit, but I have no reactions to them so I really don’t know the cause. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. If you figure out the cause, would you mind letting me know?

aniciete

@aniciete, yep, exactly that. What symptoms do you experience when you have melons and pineapple? I thought maybe it had to do with honey’s acidity irritating my gut because I was running to the bathroom within minutes of having some or that I had built up a pollen allergy because I was consuming so much of it and melons, particularly honeydew, my main melon of choice, are a common trigger for those with pollen allergies. When I did the skin prick test, honey was tested, but it didn’t produce a reaction other than a red spot—if allergic, it would have produced a hive—but if I eat honey, I get hives within minutes. Fruits weren’t tested, though, I suppose it doesn’t matter because honey came back negative and yet I clearly have an allergic reaction to it. I consume herbs daily that are high in salicylates and other compounds plentiful in fruit, but I have no reactions to them so I really don’t know the cause. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. If you figure out the cause, would you mind letting me know?
I start getting dyspepsia, congestion and skin rashes that I did not have from honeydew or pineapple before I started the honey. I was eating 200+ grams of honey a day and now it only takes one spoon full to induce painful headaches and hives on my face. I will report back if I figure anything else out ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals