Any branded RP friendly snacks/deserts?

Such_Umami

I quite like "bounty" the chocolate bar. I don't know overall how RP friendly it is but it's filling is coconut which is very RP friendly. I'm looking for things like this which I can just unwrap and eat for a snack. Are there any better things like that out there?

I am liking these lately. They come in several flavors, but I have only tried the parmesan garlic. I have pepper jack and gouda ordered and on the way!

Attachments

• 20211207_151855.jpg
    20211207_151855.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211207_151905.jpg
    20211207_151905.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 43

Rafe

@Rinse & rePeat You like Moon Cheese? I didn’t like it the first time I tried it. It tasted kinda cardboard-y to me. Do you soak it?

Like I should soak it.

@kaydeegee Lobe me some KozyShack. And what a name.

@Rinse & rePeat You like Moon Cheese? I didn’t like it the first time I tried it. It tasted kinda cardboard-y to me. Do you soak it?

Like I should soak it.

@kaydeegee Lobe me some KozyShack. And what a name.

The first time I had Moon Cheese, I thought is was awful. I was surprised that my son bought it this week, and saw this more interesting flavor than what I had 6+ years ago. It was very crunchy and full of flavor. I highly recommend giving this flavor a try. I will let you know if the other two flavors I ordered, which which were more highly rated, than the other flavors, is just as good.

Rafe

:thumbup

I mean, love me some KS. But lobe me sounds pretty okay too.

Jennifer

I quite like "bounty" the chocolate bar. I don't know overall how RP friendly it is but it's filling is coconut which is very RP friendly. I'm looking for things like this which I can just unwrap and eat for a snack. Are there any better things like that out there?

I like Bounty, too. I used to get these Unreal chocolate coconut bars that were similar:

I also like…

Alter Eco truffles:

Postre caramel chews and lollipops:

Pure maple candies:

Honey sticks:

There’s also cheese sticks (or individually wrap some squares of your favorite cheese), gummy bears (I used to make my own), candied orange peels, crystallized ginger, freeze-dried fruit (I get peaches and Trader Joe’s mangoes) and dates (I get the sukkari variety).

I like Bounty, too. I used to get these Unreal chocolate coconut bars that were similar:

I also like…

Alter Eco truffles:

Postre caramel chews and lollipops:

Pure maple candies:

Honey sticks:

There’s also cheese sticks (or individually wrap some squares of your favorite cheese), gummy bears (I used to make my own), candied orange peels, crystallized ginger, freeze-dried fruit (I get peaches and Trader Joe’s mangoes) and dates (I get the sukkari variety).
....and don't forget a big spoonful of your recommended whipped honey :)

Attachments

• 20211025_162008.jpg
    20211025_162008.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 18

haidut

Forum Supporter

The Starbucks "cranberry bliss cake" tastes great and does not seem to have any truly taboo ingredients. It is mostly saturated fat, from dairy and palm oil.

Rafe

If you tolerate pectin, then fruit pie filling is good if you don’t have time to cook it yourself. You can warm it & put some butter or cream on it.

A “Dutch baby” is a nice base for sweet or savory snack. Whip an egg in a cup & put either sugar & cocoa, or maybe cinnamon & vanilla. I haven’t tried savory but you could add whatever spices you want.

Put it in the microwave, watch it, & cook it till it rises. A minute or 2.

It could probably be improved with putting butter in it before you cook it. One of you who bakes (I wonder if I can guess who that will be) could perfect this.

The Dutch baby is just a base.

You’re making me hungry.:grin

Jennifer

You are my honey mentor :)

You are my foodie mentor. :D

If you tolerate pectin, then fruit pie filling is good if you don’t have time to cook it yourself. You can warm it & put some butter or cream on it.

A “Dutch baby” is a nice base for sweet or savory snack. Whip an egg in a cup & put either sugar & cocoa, or maybe cinnamon & vanilla. I haven’t tried savory but you could add whatever spices you want.

Your idea for pie filling is a good one. It reminds me of fruit compôte. I used to make up batches of it and top ice cream with it.

For your Dutch baby recipe, does the cocoa act as the flour component? I’ve made flourless soufflés in the microwave before using a base of eggs, milk, soft cheese (cream cheese, quark or a smooth ricotta) and salt—then adding the following depending on the type:
  • Maple—100% pure maple sugar
  • Citrus—orange, lemon and lime zests and sugar
  • Banana and chocolate—ripe banana and chocolate chips
  • Fig and balsamic—fig jam and glazed with balsamic vinegar
  • Sour cream and chive—freeze-dried chives and topped with sour cream
  • Cheddar and garlic—garlic powder and topped with cheddar cheese
  • Crab—crab meat, garlic powder and a pinch of sugar (it’s similar to crab rangoon)

Dr. B

The Starbucks "cranberry bliss cake" tastes great and does not seem to have any truly taboo ingredients. It is mostly saturated fat, from dairy and palm oil.
funnily enough even the mcdonalds strawberry cream pie or one of those pies, i believe uses only palm oil and was mostly saturated fat.

i think it was posted on here, buffalo wild wings uses beef tallow for their chicken and fries. both taste horrible though imo, even their burger is just alright.

possibly mcconnells and jenis ice cream, maybe graeters

there are a few chocolate brands but ive forgotten all of them

theres some potato chips using only olive oil, or plantain chips using only coconut oil and pink salt

the chocolates like lindor lindt have soy lecithin but it seems it may be a few hundred mgs, with lots of saturated fat from cocoa butter

Rafe

You are my foodie mentor. :D

Your idea for pie filling is a good one. It reminds me of fruit compôte. I used to make up batches of it and top ice cream with it.

For your Dutch baby recipe, does the cocoa act as the flour component? I’ve made flourless soufflés in the microwave before using a base of eggs, milk, soft cheese (cream cheese, quark or a smooth ricotta) and salt—then adding the following depending on the type:
  • Maple—100% pure maple sugar
  • Citrus—orange, lemon and lime zests and sugar
  • Banana and chocolate—ripe banana and chocolate chips
  • Fig and balsamic—fig jam and glazed with balsamic vinegar
  • Sour cream and chive—freeze-dried chives and topped with sour cream
  • Cheddar and garlic—garlic powder and topped with cheddar cheese
  • Crab—crab meat, garlic powder and a pinch of sugar (it’s similar to crab rangoon)
Eh, I’m not handy with the Dutch baby yet. I have made it with a generous tablespoon of cocoa for 1 egg, but it came out dry. I put butter on it & it helped. Probably needed a little milk. I didn’t crave that one after a couple of tries.

Today I tried a mashed banana + 1 egg + butter + Ceylon cinnamon. It tasted good & the texture wasn’t bad. But it had no eye appeal at all. And it was a little runny from heating the banana.

I was hoping you’d chime in @Jennifer to make a suggestion for improvement.:mrgreen:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals