Any Body Use Animal Fats For Cooking?

A.R

I was wondering if anyone does this.

Recently I've been using lamb fat which I have stored (bought some lamb ribs with the fat, so after cooking had a lot of spare lamb fat), to fry eggs in.

Been getting sort of a sore throat and a sort of accumulation of phlegm at the back of my mouth/nose.

Maybe symptoms of liver cleaning up?

When I make buffalo feet for their gelatin content, I use the fat that skims to the top for my cooking. I seem to tolerate it better than commericially available butter or ghee.

tankasnowgod

I used to use bacon grease back in the paleo days, but not anymore. Always had a great taste, but I seem to remember it making me just a touch queezy. I rarely eat bacon these days.

I was excited to see grass fed beef tallow at whole foods a month or so ago. I purchased it, and was quickly disappointed. It didn't add a good beefy flavor, was actually sort of bland. Also, seemed to give similar queeziness that I remember from bacon grease. Maybe it's the brand, or the grass fed-ness. Oh well. The rare times I've had fries in restaurants that fry in tallow, they were delightful. Butter and Coconut Oil are pretty much the only two I will use, going forward.

A.R

I used to use bacon grease back in the paleo days, but not anymore. Always had a great taste, but I seem to remember it making me just a touch queezy. I rarely eat bacon these days.

I was excited to see grass fed beef tallow at whole foods a month or so ago. I purchased it, and was quickly disappointed. It didn't add a good beefy flavor, was actually sort of bland. Also, seemed to give similar queeziness that I remember from bacon grease. Maybe it's the brand, or the grass fed-ness. Oh well. The rare times I've had fries in restaurants that fry in tallow, they were delightful. Butter and Coconut Oil are pretty much the only two I will use, going forward.
Yes, 'queezy' is just the word I was looking for

I wonder why this happens

I saved the lamb fat because I had run out of butter/coconut oil, and it should be a much better option than pufa I thought

A.R

Very interesting.

Tried the lamb fat again today, throat phlegm/blocked sinuses/grogginess all came back.

However, shortly after I took 1 drop of Thyroid (a solution of mixed T3/T4) and it all went away!

It's seems then that lamb fat may suppress Thyroid function.

I wonder if there is research on saturated fats doing this.

Although I am hypothyroid to begin with, so you could say lamb fat doesn't exactly 'assist' Thyroid function.

Adrian

I was wondering if anyone does this.

Recently I've been using lamb fat which I have stored (bought some lamb ribs with the fat, so after cooking had a lot of spare lamb fat), to fry eggs in.

Been getting sort of a sore throat and a sort of accumulation of phlegm at the back of my mouth/nose.

Maybe symptoms of liver cleaning up?
Hi.
I do the same with beef fat, when some portion is very greasy, I keep aside the fat and I use it for frying, almost always fried eggs. It is tasty and very cheap, although it probably contains some PUFA so I do not use it often. Digestion is easy. I cook the egg whites well and the yolk is raw.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study) Scientific Studies 3
Cloudhands This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work Blood Work, Labs 63
GorillaHead Which one increases core body temp more? Glucose or fructose and or combination? Diet 22
R Butter and bad body odour? Ask For Help or Advice 7
S warm body temp, nose and hands, cold feet? Metabolism 18
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 41
Incen confusion about body temperature and thyroid Metabolism 4
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
A Low Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Lower And Upper Body Weakness Symptoms, Causes 0
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 28
Happycat My Hot Body Monitoring Vitals 25
Mito The Metabolism Of Every Part Of The Body Is Affected By The Redox State Of The Blood Scientific Studies 5
TheSir Individual Variation In Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 27
E Dolores Cahill. Smoke And Mirrors, Malfeasance, Body Integrity Society 3
Yggr Body Fat Distribution Metabolism 4
K So What Explains Why Balding Men Have More Body Hair Hair & Nails 45
I Hypothyroid. Unable To Sweat. Body Overheats Very Often Metabolism 18
ScurveDream Is Manually Heating/warming The Body A Good Approach? Sharing All Of My "implementations." Ask For Help or Advice 2
T Whatever Fixes Baldness Is Going To Transform The Entire Body In A Big Way, Right? Hair & Nails 39
R Body Temperature At 36.2 Celsius Metabolism 2
lyfe How Long Do You Believe The Human Body Can Live? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 13
D Big Drop In Body Temperature While Walking Thyroid and Hormones 7
S What's Up With Raising Body Temperature In This Forum? Thyroid and Hormones 5
JanP My Body Doesn't Metabolise Calcium Properly And Nothing Seems To Help Ask For Help or Advice 45
not_James_Bond Sexist Body Terms Society 6
U Low Body Temperature Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 2
E Numbness On Left Side Of Body For Last 2 Days (20yo Male) Help? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 9
A What Does Coffe Increase Or Decrease In The Body? Ask For Help or Advice 10
paulwalkerrip Body Finally Able To Cool Itself Testimonials 7
JanP When Your Body Doesn't Tolerate What It Needs The Most Ask For Help or Advice 25
ScurveDream Body And Spirit Mismatch -- Thoughts/ideas? Ask For Help or Advice 0
E Coffee Linked To Lower Body Fat In Women Scientific Studies 0
Hgreen56 Is Whey Perfect Tool To See If Your Body Convert Into Niacin Or Serotonin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
J Cold-ish Hands And Feet But Warm Body Metabolism 23
L Coronavirus Infection May Cause Lasting Damage Throughout The Body, Doctors Fear Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 69
F Low Body Temperature - Wilson's, Hypothyroid, Other? Ask For Help or Advice 19
md_a The Body Temperature Is Very Important Thyroid and Hormones 2
Such_Umami Detoxifying Plastics From Your Body Ask For Help or Advice 0
P Colder Body After Peating Metabolism 33
H Body Temp - Uncomfortable Metabolism 22
T Would Magnesium Detoxify Valium Build Up In My Body? Ask For Help or Advice 8
M Can’t Get Rid Of Body Odor Skin 40
michael94 Adult Polyglucosan Body Disease ( Glycogen Storage Problems ) Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 1
Tarmander Interview With Georgi Dinkov: Rebel Researcher And Body Mechanic (Quax) haidut 42
haidut Vitamin D Reduces Blood Sugar And Body Fat In Obese Women Scientific Studies 2
GorillaHead Your Body Weight Determines How Much Pufa You Accumalate! Scientific Studies 5
K Issues After Working Out, And Body Problems, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Pregnenolone And Body Temp Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 17
fever257 Summer Body! Body Care 2