Any body from the UK can confirm that this is propaganda by the NYT?

mrchibbs

It seems to me like they're actively pushing the narrative of a cash free society.

Goat-e

It seems to me like they're actively pushing the narrative of a cash free society.
Haven’t read the article (I don’t engage with MSM for the same reason I don’t eat from the toilet bowl) but yes, very much pushing for cash free. Some supermarkets are trialling a ‘pay with your smile’ biometric facial recognition system. The ultimate insult really, you won’t even have the luxury of being a miserable serf, you’ll have to act happy for them as well.

P

Peatness

Yes, they are trying to kill cash and they might succeed if people keep paying with cards, and soon their eyeballs.

Sefton10

You'll very rarely see cash in supermarkets etc. It's all cards and Apple Pay.

Tenacity

In the self-service part of my local supermarkets, 90% of machines have been replaced with "card only" machines.

Sefton10

1654942680843.png

Phosphor

One of the purposes of the Plandemic was to make people afraid to touch things, including money. So many went to using nothing but a credit card, and because of the number of businesses that were ruined, many only buy things online now.
My local Costco won't even take cash unless you have exact change, because they say there is a coin shortage and they can't make change. That is where things are headed.
OTOH, I bought gasoline yesterday (yikes) and the credit card process was off line and they were ONLY taking cash. The mess is going to get a LOT worse. I'm going to get as much cash in small bills on hand as I think I can keep track of.
I will NOT buy from Amazon, Walmart, any of those large corporations. I go out of my way and spend more to buy from locally owned businesses, even if they are franchises, because at least the franchise is a local person (usually, and I check.) So I have a Home Depot, a Lowe's and an Ace Hardware within driving distance. If at ALL possible I buy from the Ace hardware because it is a locally owned franchise and has "real people" working there who actually know me. If there is a major shortage and they have to suddenly decide whom to sell to, and it's between me and someone they don't know -- I'm hoping that my customer loyalty will mean something. But it might now, because money is money.

Neeters 27

Money is money and is worthless and getting even more so. we all went off the Gold standard back in the '70s and there's nothing to back up our money. why do you think our Governments are spending it like water and giving it away to other nations, yet not helping our own peoples? its a matter of 3 to 5 years when there will only be digital currency established by governments, one fake money controlled by the elites...we are totally screwed, cash will be totally worthless. its all being forced on us. everything...theres no shortage of gas or oil, the government stopped production, and blaming war and putin, its nothing to do with that. stopping production of gasoline fueled cars for electric, yet for the last 15 years we were told save your electricity the grid cant cope - and electricity bills keep going up and up. and electric cars cost 3x the cost of a regular car, AND cost more to insure and to repair. most of us wont be able to get one. its all this new world order...really, if they are so worried about overpopulation and the next plandemic, why dont they just poison us all by tainting our water and get it over with! we are all doomed. frankly, I still have not met anyone who got really sick with this mystery virus, i owrked in healthcare in 2020/2021, 27 thousand primary care patients. nobody got sick or died. its just a cold. yet we werent allowed to keep our jobs without 2 vaccines...what idiocy. and now as soon as the U/R war starts, hey, covid is over, take masks off (they dont work anyway) lets get with the new normal...fack this shite!

OP
mrchibbs

mrchibbs

OP
mrchibbs

mrchibbs

One of the purposes of the Plandemic was to make people afraid to touch things, including money. So many went to using nothing but a credit card, and because of the number of businesses that were ruined, many only buy things online now.
My local Costco won't even take cash unless you have exact change, because they say there is a coin shortage and they can't make change. That is where things are headed.
OTOH, I bought gasoline yesterday (yikes) and the credit card process was off line and they were ONLY taking cash. The mess is going to get a LOT worse. I'm going to get as much cash in small bills on hand as I think I can keep track of.
I will NOT buy from Amazon, Walmart, any of those large corporations. I go out of my way and spend more to buy from locally owned businesses, even if they are franchises, because at least the franchise is a local person (usually, and I check.) So I have a Home Depot, a Lowe's and an Ace Hardware within driving distance. If at ALL possible I buy from the Ace hardware because it is a locally owned franchise and has "real people" working there who actually know me. If there is a major shortage and they have to suddenly decide whom to sell to, and it's between me and someone they don't know -- I'm hoping that my customer loyalty will mean something. But it might now, because money is money.

I've tried to do that too, but many of the key items I need are only available on Amazon. It's a pain.

I do buy most of my items and electronics second-hand but the stores here lack personel and inventory, they just cannot compete with online stores.

OP
mrchibbs

mrchibbs

Yes, they are trying to kill cash and they might succeed if people keep paying with cards, and soon their eyeballs.

Thanks so much for these links, it seems it has been happening for a while.

Sefton10

Thank you! It seems the situation is worse in the UK in that regard.

Canada has been the worst in the world for some time (and still has stringent covid-19 laws while the rest of the world has moved on) but cash is still accepted everywhere.
I must admit it does not feel like a war on cash here though, most people pretty much demand Apple Pay and contactless payments now. Cash is much more prevalent in the older generations who are not wired into online living. It does not feel like it is being imposed from above.

OP
mrchibbs

mrchibbs

I must admit it does not feel like a war on cash here though, most people pretty much demand Apple Pay and contactless payments now. Cash is much more prevalent in the older generations who are not wired into online living. It does not feel like it is being imposed from above.

Of course it doesn't! We have been groomed towards this. Even I used to be a big fan of contactless payment, it's so convenient. But alas the young generations have no clue what they're giving up as usual. I make a point to pay with cash now, even if I'm in the minority.

P

Peatness

Yes this is being imposed from above simply by making it difficult for those who wish to pay with cash. Closing bank branches is also making access to cash difficult

Sefton10

Yes this is being imposed from above simply by making it difficult for those who wish to pay with cash. Closing bank branches is also making access to cash difficult
Yes, but my point is most people don’t see the imposition. Most people don’t want to pay with cash and the average 21-45 year old could not care less about bank closures

P

Peatness

Yes, but my point is most people don’t see the imposition. Most people don’t want to pay with cash and the average 21-45 year old could not care less about bank closures
Agreed - caged birds do sing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals