Any Advice For A Cold?

tomisonbottom

Hi Ya'll, I've been stuck with a pretty bad cold for almost a week now, can't seem to kick it.
Sugar and orange juice hurt my throat to drink, trying to eat some protein but other than aspirin don't have a lot of ideas.........what normally is the best way to treat a cold?
I am resting as much as I can get away with......thanks!

Mittir

Big raw carrot salad with coconut oil and vinegar helps when i eat it
at the beginning of flu symptoms. I also eat a lot of coconut oil
once i have the cold and good resting sleep. I also avoid foods that
increases endotoxin.
I have recently increased my vitamin D intake and it is helping a lot.
Some vitamin D researchers believe that low vitamin D level is the
cause of increased flu in winter. Few days ago i took a single dose of
100K vitamin d3 and since then i have been feeling warm ,
the kind of warmth i get from thyroid supplements.
I am planning on 100k vitamin d3 every 15 days instead of daily intake.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

Thank you Mittir! You're always so helpful.
I already upped my coconut oil intake this week but maybe I should do even more. Haven't been good about the carrot salad though because it's hard to eat right now but I'll do one of those now that you mention it. I've done a small amount of Vitamin D (2000 IU's/day) but I might try upping that too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Light would be good too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mittir said:
Big raw carrot salad with coconut oil and vinegar helps when i eat it
at the beginning of flu symptoms. I also eat a lot of coconut oil
once i have the cold and good resting sleep. I also avoid foods that
increases endotoxin.
This is solid advice. Myself I might add in some salicylate acid/aspirin.
Few days ago i took a single dose of
100K vitamin d3 and since then i have been feeling warm ,
the kind of warmth i get from thyroid supplements.
Have big doses like that been tested in research? Seems like a lot at one time.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

Charlie said:
Light would be good too.

Thanks, good reminder, I am using them for some of the day but not ALL day, so I could do that more too.

HDD

tomisonbottom said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Chicken broth would be good.

It certainly sounds good but I thought chicken fat was to be avoided because of PUFAS?

Skim the fat off.

I used to do mega dose c. Now we use zinc when starting to get sick with sore throat.

Mittir

Charlie said:
Mittir said:
Have big doses like that been tested in research? Seems like a lot at one time.

200k per month is equivalent to about 7000IU daily.
I am taking the dose used in this following study.
It took them two months of 200,000 IU per month to raise from
average 30 ng/mL to 50 ng/ml and then 100,000 per month to main this level.
This study did not find any extra benefit in taking vitamin D against flu,
mainly because their subjects already had adequate vitamin D level.
There are other studies that found lower incidence of flu when
vitamin D was given to people with low vitamin D level.

Effect of vitamin D3 supplementation on upper respiratory tract infections in healthy adults: the VIDARIS randomized controlled trial.

INTERVENTION:
Participants were randomly assigned to receive an initial dose of 200,000 IU oral vitamin D3, then 200,000 IU 1 month later, then 100,000 IU monthly (n = 161), or placebo administered in an identical dosing regimen (n = 161), for a total of 18 months.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23032549

SAFarmer

tomisonbottom said:
Hi Ya'll, I've been stuck with a pretty bad cold for almost a week now, can't seem to kick it.
Sugar and orange juice hurt my throat to drink, trying to eat some protein but other than aspirin don't have a lot of ideas.........what normally is the best way to treat a cold?
I am resting as much as I can get away with......thanks!

I recently felt one coming on, increased my T3 significantly, and 2 days later it was beaten ! Much quicker than the normal week to 10 days . Together with lots of icecream and fruit I must add.

burtlancast

There are many ways to reduce the duration of a bad cold.
It's easier to treat of course if you catch it at the first symptoms.
I have aborted many colds by taking one tablespoon dissolved magnesium chloride ( old proven remedy popularised by French researcher Pierre Delbet; it enhances manyfold the activity of our white cells) in 1 pound of water.

Vit C can reduce the duration, but once the cold is there, it cannot abort it, even if you megadose on it every 20 min ( contrary to what's being advertised by many Vit C proponnents).
( my own experience, for whatever that's worth; but i admit i never tried liposomial Vit C, many times more effective, according to reports).

I have been unable to shake a bad cold with these two remedies ( Magnesium chloride and Vit C) once it's there in full force ( chills, blocked nose, headache, ....)

But i've found the ultimate remedy, and it never failed me ONCE , even when i was in a middle of a very bad cold; MMS (miracle mineral supplement of Jim Humble).

It only takes usually 5 doses of 2 green drops of MMS acivated with 10 drops of citric acid, espaced by an hour, to clear ALL symptoms.

It's incredibly amazing, cheap and simple.

I know there's a lot of people on this site denouncing MMS as a scam, but i've personnally tried it and it's simply an astounding effective substance to clear nearly ANY infection ( i've heard candida is resistant to it).

LucyL

At the first symptoms I crush a clove of garlic, smother it with honey (preferably manuka) and add several thou iu of Vit D. I give this to my whole family at the first whiff of symptoms and it seems to work very, very well.

The kids will take it too, because I always give them some Mexican Coke to wash it down :D For the kids I generally give a half or a third of a clove per dose.

A few notes though, some people are sensitive to garlic. I notice if I take even 2 cloves a day for 2-3 days in a row, I develop a headache. Fortunately one clove a day doesn't seem to bother me, and if I am diligent and start at the first sneeze, I don't need more than 2 days.

Also, if the cold is entrenched, it may take up to 3 days of 2x per day with the garlic to put the symptoms on the run.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

Yeah, I've been using garlic, WAY more than 1 clove too. It seems to be the only thing that has helped but I'm feeling much better now.
Very interesting about the MMS, I've never tried it.

Mittir

I thought about mentioning garlic but was worried about it's side effects.
I have found garlic very useful during flu in past. But it can be very harsh
on intestine. I once had bad stomach pain from raw garlic.
RP also mentioned that same thing about garlic.
Here is a RP quote from Email Advice section.
I asked RP about his thoughts on using raw garlic as an antibiotic. His response:

Ray Peat wrote:
It's about as hard on the stomach as on the germs.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1035&start=50#p15057

Now i use garlic oil in nose and few drops in ears.
It works wonder in ear infection but also helps with flu.
Rubbing on skin helps too.
Few cloves of garlic crushed in 2 tbs of olive oil.
I tried it in coconut oil, result was not that good.

LucyL

The coke helps with the stomach discomfort. I get a bit of intestinal burn after taking it, but not everyone in my family does. It's probably best though to take it at least an hour before laying down.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

There are many ways to reduce the duration of a bad cold.
It's easier to treat of course if you catch it at the first symptoms.
I have aborted many colds by taking one tablespoon dissolved magnesium chloride ( old proven remedy popularised by French researcher Pierre Delbet; it enhances manyfold the activity of our white cells) in 1 pound of water.

Vit C can reduce the duration, but once the cold is there, it cannot abort it, even if you megadose on it every 20 min ( contrary to what's being advertised by many Vit C proponnents).
( my own experience, for whatever that's worth; but i admit i never tried liposomial Vit C, many times more effective, according to reports).

I have been unable to shake a bad cold with these two remedies ( Magnesium chloride and Vit C) once it's there in full force ( chills, blocked nose, headache, ....)

But i've found the ultimate remedy, and it never failed me ONCE , even when i was in a middle of a very bad cold; MMS (miracle mineral supplement of Jim Humble).

It only takes usually 5 doses of 2 green drops of MMS acivated with 10 drops of citric acid, espaced by an hour, to clear ALL symptoms.

It's incredibly amazing, cheap and simple.

I know there's a lot of people on this site denouncing MMS as a scam, but i've personnally tried it and it's simply an astounding effective substance to clear nearly ANY infection ( i've heard candida is resistant to it).

I might try the MMS. Can you link what you use? I searched and there seem to be a lot of different sellers and options.

burtlancast

I might try the MMS. Can you link what you use? I searched and there seem to be a lot of different sellers and options.

You need to buy the chlorine dioxide powder, not the aqueous solution that everybody sells.

Then you prepare the MMS yourself.

The reason is that the solution doesn't keep its full efficiency when stored more than a few months.

It's much more efficient and economical to take it this way.