Anxious dementia

Lizb

Husband 65 with dementia.

He was very anxious for many hours last night. Wondering who was in the house, who I was, who he was, when the boys were coming home (they don't live with us), when the party down the road would finish (wasn't one)......

He felt sick and was clammy he was so anxious.

I couldn't settle him.

Any helpful tips please?

I honestly struggle without sleep. A good night would be five wakings for me (hot flushes). So with that on top I need hope and help.

I fear we will be offered SSRI when we see the consultant.

P

Peatness

I'm sorry you and your husband are going through this.

I took this information off the earthclinic website many years ago - see attached

This is a Dr Peat quote

BRAIN SYNDROMES - Ray Peat

Nutritional supplements that might help to prevent or correct these brain syndromes include: Vitamin E and coconut oil; vitamin A; magnesium, sodium; thyroid which includes T3; large amounts of animal protein, especially eggs; sulfur, such as magnesium sulfate or flowers of sulfur, but not to take continuously, because of sulfur's interference with copper absorption; pregnenolone; progesterone if needed. Bright light, weak in the blue end of the spectrum and with protection against ultraviolet, activates respiratory metabolism and quenches free radicals. Raw carrot fiber and/or laxatives if needed; charcoal occasionally for gas or bowel irritation. Coconut oil serves several purposes. Its butyric acid is known to increase T3 uptake by glial cells. It has a general pro-thyroid action, for example by diluting and displacing anti-thyroid unsaturated oils, its short- and medium-chain fatty acids sustain blood sugar and have anti-allergic actions, and it protects mitochondria against stress injury.

Attachments

• Niacinamide Vitamin A Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's Disease.docx
    25 KB · Views: 25
OP
Lizb

Lizb

I'm sorry you and your husband are going through this.

I took this information off the earthclinic website many years ago - see attached

This is a Dr Peat quote

BRAIN SYNDROMES - Ray Peat

Nutritional supplements that might help to prevent or correct these brain syndromes include: Vitamin E and coconut oil; vitamin A; magnesium, sodium; thyroid which includes T3; large amounts of animal protein, especially eggs; sulfur, such as magnesium sulfate or flowers of sulfur, but not to take continuously, because of sulfur's interference with copper absorption; pregnenolone; progesterone if needed. Bright light, weak in the blue end of the spectrum and with protection against ultraviolet, activates respiratory metabolism and quenches free radicals. Raw carrot fiber and/or laxatives if needed; charcoal occasionally for gas or bowel irritation. Coconut oil serves several purposes. Its butyric acid is known to increase T3 uptake by glial cells. It has a general pro-thyroid action, for example by diluting and displacing anti-thyroid unsaturated oils, its short- and medium-chain fatty acids sustain blood sugar and have anti-allergic actions, and it protects mitochondria against stress injury.
Oh thank you Pina to. I'll have a good read.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals