Anxiety, Sleep, GABA, Serotonin & Why We Don't Want Too Much Serotonin - Georgi Dinkov

Inaut

I love how @haidut is so non chalant about posting his interviews.

Another goodie

Dobbler

Force is strong with this one. Always incredible informative and awesome. Georgi is way ahead of the game.

milk_lover

@haidut thanks for doing all those interviews! You are on fire brother.

It's really true when you mentioned doing unplanned stuff does lower serotonin because I become extremely happy when I travel the world and just improvise where to go or what to do every single day. Also, the heavy fat meal is a kill especially during work. I transform to a hibernating bear that doesn't want to do anything but sleep.

lampofred

Routine is good for you biologically though. An irregular sleep schedule raises cortisol and irregular meal timings raise PTH. So I guess it's a balancing act? Maybe you should be routinized on a physical level but on a mental level, feel like every day brings something new by reading new things, talking to interesting people, getting a stimulating job.

Lee Simeon

Routine is good for you biologically though. An irregular sleep schedule raises cortisol and irregular meal timings raise PTH. So I guess it's a balancing act? Maybe you should be routinized on a physical level but on a mental level, feel like every day brings something new by reading new things, talking to interesting people, getting a stimulating job.
In my experience, routines are very effective to make sure you get work done, but when it is time to have fun, routines can take the enjoyment out of everything.

Lynne

I think the ideal is routine for sleep, meals, etc, punctuated with random fun stuff.

But oh dear. Fans of Chris Mastejohn may want to question their fandom...