Antiperspirants Alter Your Armpit Bacteria And Could

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Antiperspirants Alter Your Armpit Bacteria and Could Actually Make You Smell Worse

In modern society, antiperspirants are widely hailed as a godsend, dispelling the inconvenient odors wafting from armpits everywhere. But a new study casts doubts on their vaunted position. As it turns out, antiperspirants may actually make you smell worse in the long run.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/20 ... worse.html

The aluminium also causes breast cancer.

Ulla

I use baking soda instead of deodorant.
Every morning I apply a pinch of ordinary baking soda under armpit and there is NO smell at the end of the day.
I don't mix it with coconut oil, just put fingers under the tap water and then apply dry soda. It is cheap, effective and no harm effects.

I am doing this for a several years now and I don't smell at all and clothes are fine too.

Do you think that baking soda is getting absorbed and has any other effects on body?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Same here.
Yeah, it works good for me plain. I have made the coconut oil and baking soda deodorant for years but this last time I got side tracked and didn't make a new batch and the baking soda alone seems fine. It's winter where I'm at so I'm wondering if using just plain baking soda works well in the warm summer weather too?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It's winter where I'm at so I'm wondering if using just plain baking soda works well in the warm summer weather too?
Yes. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. I wonder if anyone else feels like they have way less body odor? I don't even feel like I need any type of 'deodorant' very often these days.

Ulla

Works in hot summer too.
It is not like you stop sweating it is just that smelly bacteria don't develop in that environment. I don't have odor smell.
In times when I was using ordinary deo my clothes hardened on the area of armpit. Or white shirts became yellow on the same area.
Toxic things must be in those deos.

Soda FTW :)

I remember when flying and I had some soda in my hand luggage and customs weren't totally sure about that white powder :D

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Yeah, it works good for me plain. I have made the coconut oil and baking soda deodorant for years but this last time I got side tracked and didn't make a new batch and the baking soda alone seems fine. It's winter where I'm at so I'm wondering if using just plain baking soda works well in the warm summer weather too?
How are all of you applying this ? As in, what makes it 'stick' .. It just falls off when I tried applying a pinch of it this morning.

Ulla

Sth like that.
And then with soda on my fingers to an armpit, a quick massage into the skin and this is it.

Attachments

• soda.jpg
    soda.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 70

lindsay

I stopped wearing deodorant a few years ago. It was really bad at first, but then the body actually seemed to adapt to the lack of anti-perspirant and now I barely notice any smell and very little sweating, unless it's the dead of summer. For that I use all natural non-aluminum deodorants - not antiperspirants. But really, I am lazy and just don't even think about it anymore.

keith

I use 2/3 cup coconut oil mixed with 1/2 cup each baking soda and corn starch, and it works better than any commercial deoderant I've ever used. I also seem to actually sweat much less than I did when I used to use an anti-perspirant. That may just be me, though. For years I used stronger and stronger anti-perspirants, because I had crazy arm-pit sweat that would leave crazy pit stains, I was really embarrassed about. For some reason that completely went away when I stopped using anti-perspirants, and I realized they were having the opposite effect on me. Not sure that anyone else will experience the same.

Smell-wise, though, I used to notice body odor within twelve hours using any commercial deoderant, but can go days without odor using this recipe. It isn't Peat related for me, as I discovered the deoderant before discovering Peat.

Small word of warning for anyone interested in trying this, I do sometimes get rashes under under my armpits using this, but always did with everything else as well. I have very sensitive skin. At least these ingredients are food grade.

tara

Small word of warning for anyone interested in trying this, I do sometimes get rashes under under my armpits using this, but always did with everything else as well. I have very sensitive skin. At least these ingredients are food grade.
I have sensitive armpits too - have had trouble tolerating commercial deodorants for more than a day at a time for years. I now use a coconut oil + baking soda mix most days. Too high ratio of baking soda gives me an uncomfortable feeling or rash. So I just added more coconut oil and then it's OK.
I won't say it completely eliminates odor, but it goes a way towards it.
I have one gentle commercial deodorant I occasionally use instead when I'm going to be exercising and close to people.

southcesar

I used potassium alum and spray with tea tree oil.

Are this safe?
It's been 2 years since I only used coconut oil mixed with baking soda and it always worked well, I recently bought a Potassium alum spray, but I haven't used it yet, and I wonder the same.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom