Antioxidants Bad But What About Fruit?

Kibs

Sorry folks but been searching around and just getting confused and would realy appreciate the help. I thought antioxidants where a great thing until coming across many posts saying the opposite.

I'm confused as all fruit (as far as I know) contains antioxidants. Now fruit contains needed vitamins but regarding the antioxidants, Are these doing harm, harmless, don't do anything? Am I missing something is the antioxidents different in fruit/veg compared to doses/high doses of supplements.

Been using triphala in high doses a while now, my diet is about 60% fruit.

OP
K

Kibs

Like to say as well this forum is changing my view on allot of things :)

paymanz

Antioxidants are not bad really,

Maybe too much of them are bad , or maybe some of them have estrogenic effects or other bad effects but in general antioxidants are not bad.

Tarmander

If you look at the word anti oxidant, you can see how they could be bad. You generate energy through oxidation. So if an antioxidant like resveratrol slows that down through estrogenic means, that would be undesirable. But some substance that is mopping up free radicals may be beneficial.

J

James IV

Got to stop looking at constituents of food, and just start looking at food. Pretty much every food will come with "good" and "bad" constituents.

OP
K

Kibs

Thanks guys, yeah maybe over thinking this a bit. Thanks for your help.

Waynish

Sick of generalizations... We need some generalization police. "Antioxidants bad" ... "Serotonin bad" ... "Estrogen bad" ... "a certain molecule that is found in most living things is bad" ... "a certain macronutrient is bad" ... Come on folks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals