Dave Clark

1/4 teaspoon in my OJ in the morning the past couple weeks has been an actual gamechanger for me for chronic inflammation in my neck and shoulders
I use about the same of potassium bicarbonate in my OJ. I always wondered if the same benefits would cross over, in other words, is it the bicarbonate, or the mineral that has all the positive effects? I also use Mg bicarbonate in my water, but I rarely use sodium bicarbonate except on occasions.

LeeLemonoil

It‘s probably really the compound of a mineral that shuttles bicarbonate somewhere. Or the bicarbonate. If sodium had those inflammatory actions I think it would be known.

Peater Piper

Once i ingested a full teaspoon and it was disturbing to my intestines so badly, acted like a laxative.

Idk is it only me or its normal?
It negatively impacts my digestion, even in small amounts. I don't think I have low HCL either, judging from previous experiments with Betaine HCL.

Adding it to orange juice seems like a convenient way to offset the alkaline effects of the baking soda while removing excess acidity from the juice, at the same time.
You don't think that affects the method of action? I use baking soda in ascorbic acid to make sodium ascorbate (I've also tried mixing it in orange juice and vinegar). No digestive upset, but I don't notice the anti-inflammatory effects of purely dissolved baking soda either.

Peatful

Peat shares a story of a client with ALS (& another client who had a stroke) having significant recovery due to, in part by, baking soda in water.
It was actually quite startling to hear. Sometime after the 1:25 time mark I believe.

I use about the same of potassium bicarbonate in my OJ. I always wondered if the same benefits would cross over, in other words, is it the bicarbonate, or the mineral that has all the positive effects? I also use Mg bicarbonate in my water, but I rarely use sodium bicarbonate except on occasions.

Potassium Bicarbonate is still too high in pollutants,this is Hi-Grade quality,
they dont show Zn,but it is approx amount of Fe.
Sodium Bicarbonate is cleaner.But too Sodium in my opinion.
A way to decrease low grade metabolic acidosis is low NaCl,
Hyperchloremic metabolic acidosis induces renal-physiologic Bicarbonate-dumping,
Less Cl,less acid,more Bicarbonate at all times.True total Acid Load,after PRAL,
is more than 50% attributable to excess Chlorine.

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphi...PEC/23/237205/237205-BULK_______SIGALD___.pdf

Dave Clark

Hyperchloremic metabolic acidosis induces renal-physiologic Bicarbonate-dumping,
Less Cl,less acid,more Bicarbonate at all times.True total Acid Load,after PRAL,

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphi...PEC/23/237205/237205-BULK_______SIGALD___.pdf
Seems a bit like a catch 22, if the potassium bicarbonates aren't pure enough, and sodium bicarbonate gives too much sodium (or is it the chloride in sodium chloride that is the bigger problem?), what is the thing to use? I also use magnesium bicarbonate, but I am not sure how pure the Mg hydroxide is that I make it from. I thought using the potassium bicarbonate would be a good way to get both potassium and bicarbonate into the diet, not having to rely on sodium bicarbonate and getting too much sodium. How pure can potassium bicarbonate get, I am not a chemist, but less than a few ppm doesn't seem bad, what is the purest one can buy?

i've had some people I know have miracle cures with baking soda.

I would not use anything but sodium bicarbonate. You can balance that with some additional potassium bicarbonate which is what I am doing.

Seems a bit like a catch 22, if the potassium bicarbonates aren't pure enough, and sodium bicarbonate gives too much sodium (or is it the chloride in sodium chloride that is the bigger problem?), what is the thing to use? I also use magnesium bicarbonate, but I am not sure how pure the Mg hydroxide is that I make it from. I thought using the potassium bicarbonate would be a good way to get both potassium and bicarbonate into the diet, not having to rely on sodium bicarbonate and getting too much sodium. How pure can potassium bicarbonate get, I am not a chemist, but less than a few ppm doesn't seem bad, what is the purest one can buy?

It isnt a catch 22 but a true solution withou sides.
If you dont need to dump excess useless toxic chlorine,
you just keep your precious self-produced Bicarbonate because you solved metabolic acidosis.

This is a selfquote from mk4 twitching thread.
My tiny-brain-fantasy regarding renal order:

My fantasy is as follows:~Excess dietary NaCl~Hyperchloremic Metabolic Acidosis~Increased necessary renal Bicarbonate Dumping~Increased Urinary-volume~Increased Urination~Mg loss~subsequent K loss~
~subsequent disordered Na-K Balance~Fasciculations(twitch)~also:watersoluble Vitamin loss~ TWITCHING FASCICULATIONS HYPO K HYPO Mg RENAL K LOSS EXCESS Na CHLOREMIC ACIDOSIS.JPG

Mito

7DF65976-A868-4DB4-91DD-AB4157461624.jpeg

Aymen

how long does it take to dissolve sodium bicarbonate in water?
i saw in a bodybuilding website they said put it in water and stir it for about 15-20 minutes and then drink it.

how long does it take to dissolve sodium bicarbonate in water?
i saw in a bodybuilding website they said put it in water and stir it for about 15-20 minutes and then drink it.

It can be much more quick than that if you fill the water in a bottle, add the NaHCO3, tighten cap, and shake vigorously.

Aymen

i do half teaspoon in water when i go to the gym.
the stomach pain or ache will last for 1 hour after drinking it so you better don't move, i tried to drink it many times 90 minutes before sprinting but i never noticed a benefit in my performance.

the stomach pain or ache will last for 1 hour after drinking it so you better don't move, i tried to drink it many times 90 minutes before sprinting but i never noticed a benefit in my performance.

There should be no pain. Maybe you need to change brands to one that is produced to facilitate ingestion by humans. The Arm & Hammer baking soda sold in my country dissolves in water quite easily.

20191121_221228.jpg

Heroico

Regarding taking sodium bicarb at the same time as aspirin, I'm concerned that aspirin would neutralize the alkalinity before it got to the pancreas. It seems you would want to take them at separate times to preserve the bicarb antiinflammatory effect. ?

Dave Clark

Regarding taking sodium bicarb at the same time as aspirin, I'm concerned that aspirin would neutralize the alkalinity before it got to the pancreas. It seems you would want to take them at separate times to preserve the bicarb antiinflammatory effect. ?
I believe that Masterjohn mentioned that in his video about using aspirin with glycine and baking soda, something about not taking the aspirin and baking soda at the same time.